PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hoping Dizzy is OK, think she might be in a bit of the country where they are getting it really bad. Hugs to anyone struggling with this weather forecast

Thanks Yorkie - we are very cold here -13° apparently this morning. The wind has blown snow inside the chicken house and waist-high snowdrifts are everywhere, but so far, we've survived.

Had one poor hen freeze to death and I'm keeping an eye on the others with warm porridge and water at various points in the day. I think this is the coldest I can ever remember! I'm in three jumpers and a scarf, while Tiny is naked under a thin blanket. :eek:

Currently waiting to see if our new bedroom furniture arrives. I hope so as I have taken our old bed apart and stacked it in the playroom. They should be here before 2.30pm. Then I have venture out to get the girls a new water container as the old one has cracked and broken in the cold. DH has been tasked with wiring up new heaters in the shed for the girls when he gets in. I better cook him something yummy and warm for dinner...
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been out, got hearing aids, posted parcel, got mini food shop £12.45 but doesn't count as spends as we also need to eat.

Had a warning email of bayofe for selling off site, as if I would do such a thing!! :cool:

OH eating soup.
    SC is on with stew for tonight / tomorrow lunch.
    Birds fed. I just missed getting the camera for a red woodpecker.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cup-a-soup for lunch, everyone else had pizza.. Twinkle had jam sandwich.. I really need her to keep that down.. regurgitated bread is the worst.

OH loaded DW and took some tut upstairs
    I folded a mountain of clean laundry, hung up the wet stuff bossed smalls to take it up to the relevant rooms. TD on, 2x WM with my bedding.. no idea where it is hanging to dry but it is clean at least... about 4 piles left to do.. we acquired more! DS3 nagged to do werewolf meds (black dogs).

Having a cuppa and will hit the next round of laundry, deflea girls and maybe vacuum a bit of floor.

ooh... OH was supposed to be looking at a door for DD3 and I need to ring an electrician to change a light fitting.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all :)

I have visited the bottle bank, dropped a load of stuff at the chazza, popped to Screwfix for pipe insulation (£2.28 spent) and bought food essentials for the weekend inc. yet more strawberries :cool: (£12.55 spent) and that is it - no more spending AT ALL planned for the weekend.

I am now slurping a brew eating one square of chocolate whilst contemplating where to fly next. DH managed to get into work - hurrah! - so that's one less person under my feet.

Lynne - I am sorry to read about your windows :( I really really hope they get sorted ASAP xx
    LW - Sorry your meet n greet was cancelled - I know you were really looking forward to it. Hope a new day gets confirmed soon xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW - Sorry your meet n greet was cancelled - I know you were really looking forward to it. Hope a new day gets confirmed soon xx
    It's a very sensible decision; the roads are vile here. I can't use the mobility buggy in the snow in any case, so Mr LW would've had to do the trial walk and report back, and we still wouldn't know how Dusty feels about mobility buggies. Fingers crossed for next Friday. ;)

I've dragooned Mr LW into helping me prep Shepherd Spy (was on the meal plan so as to be a "ding dinner" tomorrow, as it does us 2 days, and we decided to just stick to the meal plan as set) and a "strapple" crumble - these can be cooked together later on.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A neighbour died (78) and I had thought I wouldn't be able to go to his funeral, but it's today, so I can. And two other neighbours have offered me lifts - NDN says they are taking me cos I'm their neighbour and am I ok with going to pub for wake - well yes, if I must lol
    So that's another problem that sorted itself out - along with my non-existent world book day outfit and my assembly!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Apparently, it's something to be proud of that work has opened every day this week.

Yeah. I felt nothing but pride when teetering up the hill of solid ice is the blistering cold to find the place almost empty. And when trying to stay on my feet and not ping my back into months of agony when trying to get back after work when the flat bits had also developed a thick covering of ice that even my fancy super duper walking boots couldn't cope with, turning the corner to home clinging onto a garden wall for dear life. Pride. Or should that be righteous indignation and rage at the pointlessness of it all?

Himself has graciously offered to vacuum the bathroom so it's all clean for me to veg out in hot water for a couple of hours before building a nest of duvets, blankets and pillows and not moving again until morning. Is it just me that thinks he could have done that whilst I was at work and just surprised me with it?

I think he's turned the heating down again, too, as I was warmer at work with all the blasted doors open that I am now. Now nakedness will be happening at all without it being turned up to 30 again and you can't take a bath with 1 pair of woolly socks, 1 pair brushed cotton trousers, 1 vest, 1 longsleeved t-shirt, 1 shortsleeved t-shirt, 1 cardigan and a woolly hat. The only reason I don't have my superthick gloves on is that I've let him use them to nip round to the shop so we eat tonight.

If that kitchen looks in any way less that spotlessly perfect after what I did yesterday afternoon, [puts on bad Glaswegian accent], there will be murrrrdurrrrs here.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all, I didn't end up indoors all day. Ran an errand for DH's work so while I was in outside clothing I took the dogs for a quick walk. Where the pavements were icy, I walked in the roads. Sad news also today, a good friend in the village died suddenly last night.

Feeling bleurgh now, so DH is doing tea.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ((Hugs)) Jazee.

Well it has snowed constantly since this morning, so nobody has ventured out. The wind has made massive drifts, and there is that strange silence as no traffic can get along any of the roads. But it is warmer than yesterday (not saying much), so long may that continue.

I made my list first thing, and have managed to tick everything off it. I have spent hours banishing a financial frog which has been hanging around for a couple of years. Stupidly enough, once I got into doing it, it was enjoyable in a masochistic way.

Just realised that the one job that I haven't done is meal planning - and that includes for tonight. Freezer diving again, I guess.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Well I think I am glad to see the back of this week. Just argued with DS1 which rarely happens, they are so stubborn at that age and he is never wrong. It will all soon be forgotten.

Have been to work, wandered around the shops, went to the gym, came home, pottered about, sorted some washing. So no work done which is not good, going to do an hour now.

Spent £2.18 on bird food, not exactly an essential for me but the birds are thankful. Egg and chips for tea I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure