Debt busting misssion ..

Options

Comments

• mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    Managed another £200 today ... so chuffed to bits I think I have nailed all of my may goals .. whoop .. :T:T
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • mumofthetwins
    Options
    So goals for may were ...

Goals for May ..
    * Over pay Mortgage - £200/£200 - Done
    * Pay off CC1 - £585/£585 - Done
    * Pay £800 off CC2 - £2500/£800 - Done
    * Aim for 15 NSD - 10/15
    * Stick to grocery budget of £250 - £178.84/£250
    * Loose 4lb - 6/4lb
    * Spend as cardless as possible
    * Keep ebaying like a crazy lady lol

Whoop whoop I've smashed them ... yay .. will do June goals tomorrow as I'm off to have a celebratory glass of vino !!!128521;
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So goals for may were ...

Goals for May ..
    * Over pay Mortgage - £200/£200 - Done
    * Pay off CC1 - £585/£585 - Done
    * Pay £800 off CC2 - £2500/£800 - Done
    * Aim for 15 NSD - 10/15
    * Stick to grocery budget of £250 - £178.84/£250
    * Loose 4lb - 6/4lb
    * Spend as cardless as possible
    * Keep ebaying like a crazy lady lol

Whoop whoop I've smashed them ... yay .. will do June goals tomorrow as I'm off to have a celebratory glass of vino !!!128521;

You are a star :j
    You deserve that glass of wine :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mumofthetwins
    edited 29 June 2018 at 2:42PM
    Options
    Thanks BL .. I did enjoy it ;)

So Murphy hit .. the pipe came off the back of my washing machine and flooded the kitchen for around 9 hours ... I have the same wood all the way through the house and my island is fitted on top of this .. I'm gutted as I need new floor for at least half (I'm going to go back to the original place as it's only a couple year old and fingers crossed they have some in ) .. if not it's going to need the whole downstairs replacing as it's all open plan :(

So with Murphy hitting I'm thinking my EF is gonna take a whack my dad has said he will replace it for me once it's dried out, so plan is to save as much as possible to replace EF or pay for flooring so today's transfers was £300 into Murphy fund.

Well enough of my woes and onto this months goals ...

June Goals

£500 Murphy Fund £500/£500
    £1500 CC £1500/£1500
    10 NSD 0/10 lost count lol
    4lb Weight Loss 0lb/4lb

Surviving Download Festival ... this is a trip for the boys as they love heavy metal and some of their fave bands are on ... all cash flowed and paid !!!55357;!!!56832;
    Still planning on using my cash envelopes as I'm loving them and ebaying like crazy !!!55357;!!!56841;

So I'm praying that I have a month like last and manage to pay my Murphy bill and still clear a chunk from my card .. fingers crossed
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • beanielou
    edited 1 June 2018 at 10:35PM
    Options
    I am amazed that you have anything left to ebay!

Remembered now!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• mumofthetwins
    Options
    I am starting to delve now BL lol

I'm trying to decide weather to sell my Vivienne Westwood shoes .. only worn once they were to high for me now that I'm getting older lol

I'm just not sure I want to part with them yet ;)

I have 3 things finishing tonight so I'm hoping that any sales will top the £60 I have in PP up to the £100 then I will transfers over .. fingers crossed.

So this weekend has been a funny one as I have been mega busy with job#2 extra shifts and area meeting but all extra ££s for the DBM. Next week is going to be a killer though .. I've got 3 extra shifts with job#2 and job#1 is crazy busy at the minute ... I also then have download festival at the weekend with the boys ... I really need to go into the loft and see if I can grab some lotions and shorts out to save me buying new .. I think it's more fingers crossed I find some shorts that fit at the minute :(

Think I'm going to go and tackle the loft now before I start prepping dinner ... well as they say no rest for the baby steppers lol x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • beanielou
    Options
    Why dont you sell the shoes?
    You could always take a picture of them.

• mumofthetwins
    Options
    I know Hun ... I think it's just because I like them so much but when I think about it I'm sure I would like the dent in my debt more ;)

Just been through the loft and found a pack of the wood from the floor which is murphied (so hopefully I should get away with taking the barcode and fingers crossed I should be able to just pick up extra .. hopefully as I really don't want to replace the whole lot.
    Also managed to find some shorts that fit and sun lotion and shorts for the boys ... so hopefully all I will need is some snacks and water .. I have put £400 to one side as I'm not sure how much food and stuff will be but I'm hopping I might get some change :)

So dinner is chopped and in the oven packed lunches are prepped and ready for tomorrow morning and uniforms ironed .. whoop
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wouldn!!!8217;t your house insurance cover it ?
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • mumofthetwins
    Options
    dawnybabes wrote: »
    Wouldn!!!8217;t your house insurance cover it ?

it does dawny but by the time I pay excess and premium increases next year, if I can get the match it would probably work out cheaper.

ive managed to put a bit to one side and hopefully in a few weeks my murphy fund should be in place .. I could always use my EF but would prefer to have it saved separately ;)

on a side note ive just spoken to the guitar shop and DS Christmas gift should arrive any day ... poor bugs has been waiting since we ordered it last September .. im hopeing it will cheer him up as he has had a hard time the last few moths ;)
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business