Debt busting misssion ..

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,619 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great start for May :)

My mantra for years has been keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great start for May :)

My mantra for years has been keep plodding :)

I remember a guy saying it in my first ever real job and it stuck from then .. when someone asks who im doing and I say plodding on .. sometimes they look at me like im carzy lol

thanks on the start front, this week and next is going to be a bit quieter as I don't have as much listed but fingers crossed a few things will go ... its weird between ebay square colouring and dave ramsey im becoming obsessed .. suppose theres worse things to be addicted to though lol

my oh came in the other day and I was doing my leslie sanson workout with dave podcast on .. he just laughed ;) x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • mumofthetwins
    Options
    Another £50 to CC1 ... still waiting for some late payers so hopefully they will pay tomorrow ;)
    Not a bad first day of the month ... DR would be proud lol
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • mumofthetwins
    Options
    Whoop ... £300 blasted off the CC1 today ... only £190 to go :)
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • beanielou
    Options
    You are so on a roll :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• mumofthetwins
    Options
    Thanks BL .. meat to say can I ask if you've any tips on becoming DF as I see from your sig that you've done fab
    Nothing for the DBM today but I did get up extra early and worked the car boot sale for my dad ... that's a few ££s into this weekends fund !!!55357;!!!56397;!!!55356;!!!57339; ... I'm taking the guys to my dads bootsale in Cambridgeshire for a weekend away so hopefully today's wage should cover any purchases we make .. they have some fab stuff last time we came back with everything from Marc jacobs boots to a Marshall amp .. good job I have a trusty Volvo estate lol !!!55357;!!!56834;
    I'm hoping to get a few more sales on Sunday but didn't remember the bank holiday weekend when I listed but hey ho I'll see how it goes ;)
    Another NSD for me today and normally it's my shopping day but with being away I'm going to try to stretch it until we get home .. fingers crossed .. we don't really need anything for while away as my Mam and dad look after us.
    Just been up to check on the boys and one is flat out snorting with his guitar over him lol .. I'm a little worried as he seems to be tired loads .. I keep an eye on the electric usage so I know he isn't up playing on pc, I think I'll monitor and take him to the docs if I need to.

So that's me signing off for the day .. up from 5 and just gotten in from Job#2 .. last day at job#1 before the bank holiday weekend tomorrow .. yay !
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • beanielou
    Options
    I just kept chipping away really.
    I found the challanges helpful.
    Particularily the NSD challange & 1 debt versus 100 days.
    Snowballing too.
    If I can do it anyone can.
    Most things are a need rather than a want.
    REmember out of debt is out of danger :)

• mumofthetwins
    Options
    Thanks BL .. some wise words of wisdom there hun :)
    I do like the NSD challenge and at the minute im just super focused .. just hoping that it sticks ;)

Lisa x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • beanielou
    Options
    You can do it :)

• mumofthetwins
    Options
    Another £50 off the CC via eBay sales .. whoop !
    Mind I did have a bit of a speedy bank holiday weekend as we went to my dads car boot sale .. luckily the wages I made helping paid for some of the things I bought and the difference I already had put to one side .. food wise I packed a few things for me (trying to stick to diet) and my mam and dad sorted the boys and took us out to lunch ;)

I got some amazing bargains .. washing machine is on they will be on the line overnight ready for tomorrow :)

On a plus I never did the food as usual on Thursday due to us being away meaning this weeks grocery envelope still has the full weeks shop money in and I only need to get enough until Thursday ... I might even try just picking up essentials and seeing how much I can get away with not spending lol

So cracking bank holiday for me (apart from the sunburn) ... hope everyone has had an amazing time .. booo back to work tomorrow lol
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business