IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPCM PCN "Outside of Marked Bay"

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You could try phoning the local court where your case will be held. Posters have reported some success doing this.
  • louiemiro
    Options
    Ok. I've just rung and it has been paid, so it's currently still going ahead. Wonderful. so.. yes please to any advice. Warmest wishes and thanks in advance.
  • Le_Kirk
    Options
    If you look at the NEWBIE sticky (I'm sure you know where it is by now) and read some witness statement examples that will help you put yours together and see what evidence you need to research/collect/compile/print. Look also at examples of cost schedules. Remember that a WS is a narrative of what happened on the day, is written in the first person and is "in support of my defence already filed" it is not a reworking of the defence. While you are in post # 2 of the NEWBIE sticky look for a video of what it is like in the court for a small claim. If it is not there, search using KeithP as the User name and video as your keyword(s) and change the radio button from threads to posts.
  • louiemiro
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    If you look at the NEWBIE sticky (I'm sure you know where it is by now) and read some witness statement examples that will help you put yours together and see what evidence you need to research/collect/compile/print. Look also at examples of cost schedules. Remember that a WS is a narrative of what happened on the day, is written in the first person and is "in support of my defence already filed" it is not a reworking of the defence. While you are in post # 2 of the NEWBIE sticky look for a video of what it is like in the court for a small claim. If it is not there, search using KeithP as the User name and video as your keyword(s) and change the radio button from threads to posts.

Thank you so much. I'll do all of that.
  • Le_Kirk
    Options
    It happened to come up on another thread just after I posted. KeithP usually posts this when ever posters ask for "what's it like" Go [URL="Have a look at this short video:"]HERE[/URL].
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a look at this short video:
  • louiemiro
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Have a look at this short video:

Thanks again. Can you tell me please what I need to send to the court and what I need to send to the claimant?

Do I need to send my Witness statement to both or either?
    Do I need to send any copies of evidence to both, or either, if (for example) the claimant is more than likely to have copies already (e.g. of the original photos of the vehicle, of the original PCN and charge notice).

Many thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your Notice of Allocation says something like:
    Each party must deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than [ . . . ] [14 days before the hearing].
    Notice those words:
    Each party must deliver to every other party and to the court office...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your evidence would never include a copy of the PCN. That's not evidence.

Read examples of Witness Statements in the NEWBIES tread and anywhere here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • louiemiro
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Your Notice of Allocation says something like:

Notice those words:
    Each party must deliver to every other party and to the court office...

Thanks. Would that include my Witness Statement, which is more something I expected I was to SAY out loud at the hearing, rather than submit as a document?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure