Halifax switch offer up to £125

Options

Comments

• bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sunnyday wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere so i'm hoping that someone may be able to help.

If i open a new current account eg TSB and then do the switch to Halifax will i still qualify for the switching bonus even though there are no direct debits set up on the account?

I don't have any spare ones to move around so i can only do this if there need to be none.

Thanks
    SD
    The 2 DDs are only required for the £3 monthly reward. The £125 will be paid for using the switching service.
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bioboybill wrote: »
    The 2 DDs are only required for the £3 monthly reward. The £125 will be paid for using the switching service.

Thanks for that, i would be switching to an existing reward account which already has the 2 required DD's so would qualify for the £3. I wasn't sure if i needed to find 2 DD's for the newly opened TSB account to qualify for the switch or not. I can't find that info anywhere so i'll go ahead and open a new current account to prepare for the switch :)
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • suesie999
    suesie999 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    Options
    :j Bonus paid:j

I had an old RBS account i didn't use so switched that. No D/D's but not bothered about the £3 atm

very smooth and easy process for anyone thinking of doing it :beer:
    "Serious money saving Diva"........................................:p

Whatever the mind can conceive, it can achieve.............:happylove
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    I did mine many months ago. Very nice and easy.
  • huw01
    huw01 Posts: 344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Applied on Monday, bonus paid on Friday. Good service halifax
  • tsb
    tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just applied for this switch but haven't had any Halifax accounts before. Can't seem to find a definitive answer on their website, do I register for online banking now or have to wait to receive confirmation of the account opening in the post before I can activate?
  • central
    central Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just done the switch - had to switch from my Starling bank account :-( So much smoother so far than the Natwest switch - can't wait to switch away from that one - now done Nationwide 100 x 2, B current 250, HSBC 200, Natwest 125 x 2 and now Halifax 125. Total = 1025 - not too shabby. Only TSB left now
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    central wrote: »
    just done the switch - had to switch from my starling bank account :-( so much smoother so far than the natwest switch - can't wait to switch away from that one - now done nationwide 100 x 2, b current 250, hsbc 200, natwest 125 x 2 and now halifax 125. Total = 1025 - not too shabby. only tsb left now
    fd?...m&s?
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I did mine many months ago. Very nice and easy.

Agree just done the switch myself - no problems
  • foofi22
    foofi22 Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere...

I already have a Reward account which I've had for a number of years and haven't received a "switching" bonus for it.

Would I be eligible for the current bonus if I were to switch a Natwest account into my Reward account?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport