IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking (Code of Practice) Bill - Passed by MPs

Options

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have any of the forum members .... or forum members friends had sight of the draft proposals ?

The biggest disappointment that I picked up on was the honourable member for Cambridge(?) apparent liking of the BPA :mad:

may be the forums advice to write to their MP's has had some small effect!

Ralph:cool:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seems they have declared open season on PPCs and fellow travellers.

Most interesting comment was about BW Legal. They have a very large bank loan and if they were to lose a few clients, it wouldn't take too much pushing to get them to tumble over.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A significant hurdle for this Bill was actually cleared on Tuesday this week, here is the Hansard link to the very brief debate: https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-17/debates/9D9628B8-BD0E-4310-A504-E05E29672841/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(WaysAndMeans)

This is all about the levy, and it ensures that all of the costs of producing, administering and enforcing the new COP will be funded by a levy on the Trade Associations, and will not require any expenditure from public funds (which could have delayed or killed the Bill).

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    watched it on the link in post #78 on page 4 where catchup streaming is allowed and it is clear that everyone involved in that room understands the many issues involved, that they are sick and tired of all the complaints and that some of them have experienced issues themselves

it was good to see the tie ups by them asking questions about the MoJ and the DVLA etc, plus the SRA issues and again naming and shaming GLADRAGS , B W LEGAL , PE , SMART , NGPM etc

they seem to be aware of the serious backlog at the CCBC too

the sooner they finish the bill and it necaomes law the better, plus they are saying it will be reviewed regularly to close any loopholes exposed by those who wish to subvert it as has happened since clamping was banned

once bit , twice shy
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    "fines fines and more fines" , the guy at the back in pink admitted not updating his V5 (letters to old address) first he knew , sir Greg was going on about grace periods

I don't think they quite understand it yes and are just nodding with each other
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seems they have declared open season on PPCs and fellow travellers.

Most interesting comment was about BW Legal. They have a very large bank loan and if they were to lose a few clients, it wouldn't take too much pushing to get them to tumble over.

Can I ask, did I miss something about BWLegal having
    a very large bank loan ?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Castle wrote: »

Thanks for that.

At least we are not alone about Gladstones/IPC
    being a scam
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bw do indeed have a large loan , look at companies house

Registered office address
    Enterprise House, Apex View, Leeds, England, LS11 9BH

and now

69 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G1 3HL

under the english one / charges Charge code
    0796 6978 0004

enough for sean barton and jenifer withers to have to take out life insurance for £500,000,00
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I spotted a "Trump misspoken" moment in that transcript, It's where somebody called the BPA a "reputable organisation". Surely he meant to say "disreputable"?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback