Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Options

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear, about your relative, Munchin. It's still hard even though we might know it's happening and the person is out of pain.

Fingers crossed you hear about the interview this week :)
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks Lilith - still waiting on interview date and keep hearing of more and more people who have applied for the post!!!!

Went to Opticians today and it cost me £45 and I get to claim back £20 for the eye test. The optician kept going on about my age as if I was ready for the knackers yard :o. Eyes are a tiny bit worse but nothing major. I just needed new glasses as I had managed to scrape the life out of my current pair. The glasses I picked were £25 and they were the ones that really suited my face shape so I was very happy.

I have a long weekend booked at the end of the month and yes I could use my back pay to pay off some of my credit card but instead I'm going to see what Groupon deal I could get for a night or 2 in a nice hotel :).

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

Spec savers texted last night and glasses are ready for collection :). I will pop out at lunchtime & pick them up.

Other than that I don’t have any planned spends today.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning

I've already been to mass and started my day on the right foot with overnight oats and lots of berries and a lovely coffee :).

OH is still in bed but he has an 11am deadline so that we don't waste the day. I have 'Saturday Kitchen Best Bits' on in the background and they are showing how to make black pudding _pale_. The thing is when I was younger I liked it but that was because I didn't know what was in it.

I have my interview date :D:eek:...I have just under a month and there is no point in freaking out until nearer the time but each time I think about it my stomach does a summersault.

I've been busy this week and enjoyed the volunteer thing. I also picked up my new glasses which will take a while to get used to. Yesterday was ridiculously busy as I went for a run, got my nails done and then took my Mum to test drive a few cars. I hate car showrooms and so does my Mum but we managed it and put a deposit down on a wee car that is just perfect for her.

I struggled a wee bit with my ED this week but I went back to basics yesterday and prepped some food and nutritious snacks to keep me going.

Money front- getting back into the rhythm of saving money and paying off that pesky credit card which is now down below £2,000. I'm going to get some euros when I get paid this week for our holiday in Sept.

Monthly budget - July 18

Groceries - £180/£25.14 left
    Everything - £110/£25.07 left
    Diesel - £80/£0 left
    Work - £40/£0 left
    Gift/Event - £50/£xx spent
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on getting an interview date! I agree, no point worrying about it until nearer the time but I imagine it gets the butterflies going when it pops into your head!
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi Lilith - thanks, I have all kinds of bubbles going on when I think of interview:).

I’ve decided to take a long weekend now as I’m just tired. I have 3 weeks leave booked in Sept but when I see my colleagues going on their holidays now it makes me feel like I need a middle of the summer reprieve. It’s also coming up to ToTM, so feeling hormonal and sore. I’m scouring the net for a deal even if it’s just a night away as I don’t want the weekend just to be about cleaning and pootering.

No spends yesterday and should get backpay this Friday which will go towards this planned night away and savings. Because I changed jobs I don’t get much backpay.

My friend is back to work today:), so I will have non griping company:D.

Plans -
    • Check banking & YNAB
    • Catch up on diaries
    • Either a run this pm or kettlebells
    • Survive until Thurs when my leave starts :D

• Munchin
    edited 27 July 2018 at 7:06PM
    Options
    Hi

I'm on leave today and I got paid :D. I had seen a nice watch for £30 last month which I was contemplating buying as a 'treat' with my back pay but looked at it again today and I decided just to fix the strap on my current watch and concentrate on keeping my money in my pocket.

I spent a few pennies today but nothing I didn't need. I have 1 bottle of curl serum and 1 tube of dye left, so I used some of my back pay and topped up my supplies. I got 3 bottles of serum and 3 tubes of dye for £38.40 :).

I popped into my volunteer thing for a few hours this morning and on way home I went and changed some money to euros for my holiday in Sept.

I'm going to attempt a spending reduction in August before my holiday. Yes I know I try all the time but it will give me something to aim towards :o.

Spends planned for August -
    • Trip to see Evita in Opera House (tickets paid but need parking)
    • Beauticians & Hairdresser appt (trim - £12)
    • Trip to Dublin (need to purchase tickets)
    • Gift & night out for 18th birthday party
    • At least 1 work do (possibly 2)
    • £40 for yoga class.
    Monthly budget - July 18

Groceries - £[STRIKE]180[/STRIKE]/£31.14 left
    Work - £40/£20 left
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi again,

So I’ve looked back at Hypno’s & Moonin’s diaries as they were so inspirational. I found a blog called ‘Frugal Beautiful’ which has me motivated and pulling on the frugal hat :). I know I fritter money but August is going to be squeaky on the purse strings. I want to do a fiscal fast but I’m committed to various things so it will have to be a mini fast. The rest of July will also be squeaky :).
  • Munchin
    edited 28 July 2018 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Morning:hello:,

So it’s a bit damp outside today. OH is just away to work and I’m having 30 mins to myself. I want to go for a run but not sure what the weather is doing.

I was looking for a name for my challenge last night, in between watching Sex & the City and reading diaries :). I’ve come up with Money minded ... which I’m soooo not:o.

I’m off to a good start as I don’t really need to buy anything for tea tonight. I’m making cod with tomato and basil. The recipe calls for fresh basil but I wonder if I could get away with dried...

I’ve joined one of the Xmas threads...yup 5 months to go but I love it.:D

My plan today is to check through holiday clothes and make do and mend.

Plans today -
    • [STRIKE]Run[/STRIKE] - done and the rained held off.
    • [STRIKE]Help out cousin with census form[/STRIKE]- done in the middle of a thunderstorm.
    • [STRIKE]Tidy house[/STRIKE] - done
    • [STRIKE]Avoid the shops [/STRIKE]- done :)
    • Check holiday clothes - not done....ooops.
    Have fun today.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Surveys & Vouchers (Additional income) @ 28 July

Surveys
    Swagbucks - 316 SB (800 SB = £5 paypal) - claimed £5 voucher today
    Receipt Hog - 2521 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback - £12.70 paid out 28 July
    Prolific - £13.72
    Travel expense (volunteering) - £12 pending

Vouchers

Post office voucher for multiple shops - £20
    House of fraser voucher - £18 left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income