Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning GSB, my counsellor was so helpful and even though she was helping me with my issues, she also helped me with OH and to work out that I need to have my own separate time. It just means that rather than trying to make OH feel better all the time when he moans and complains I step back from commenting and tell him he needs to speak to a counsellor. I don't do this all the time (I'm not heartless :o) but for my own mental health it has to be done at times.

I got home last night and OH has spent a good chunk of his redundancy money on something we don't need but according to him it will make him feel better. Sigh......no words. Last time he did that he was working and it was a small boat which is languishing in our shed. No we couldn't afford a boat which is why it was a crappy thing that never worked and I still hate it. X years later and I'm still trying to get him to patch it up and sell it. Some things I keep out of of MSE land :o
  • Munchin
    Options
    Monthly budget - July 18

Groceries - £[STRIKE]180[/STRIKE]/£xx spent
    Everything - £[STRIKE]110[/STRIKE]/£xx spent
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£xx spent
    Work - £[STRIKE]40[/STRIKE]/£xx spent
    Gift/Event - £[STRIKE]50[/STRIKE]/£xx spent
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    On the bright side, I suppose no one can lecture us about the need for emotional resilience! Gah. Deep breaths...
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

£210 paid off credit card and that is the way I mean to carry on :).

I’m a wee bit blah today as I’m tired and I spoke to the ‘contact for more information’ of the post I’m interested in and I’m not as confident as I was. He let slip there is someone doing job elsewhere who might be interested. All I can do is my best at interview and I should probably get a date for that next week.

Car is still in garage so had to drag OH out of bed to take me to the train station.

It’s a lot cooler today so hopefully might get a better nights sleep and feel more ‘me’ tomorrow.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Afternoon :wave:

I feel much better today. I was feeling sluggish and bleurgh this week but I think I have my mojo back.

I popped over to Asda and did my shop early in this morning then pup & I went for a run before it got too hot. We are getting ready to watch the F1 qualifying in a bit.

I have meal prepped my lunch for today and 3 days next week. As it is the 12th holidays here I'm only in work 3 days. Can't wait for the weekend break and I plan on doing very little.

OH is working today so me & the pup have ventured to my Mums to be spoilt :). I have to do the ironing when I head home and I'm just putting it off as long as possible.

Money front - nothing exciting. Sis and OH both said they would pay me money they owe me this week but nada so far. I've paid the scary garage bill but that was out of savings pots which now need refilled. Feel motivated again.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Monthly budget - July 18

Groceries - £[STRIKE]180[/STRIKE]/£46.09 spent
    Everything - £[STRIKE]110[/STRIKE]/£6 spent
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£xx spent
    Work - £[STRIKE]40[/STRIKE]/£15 spent
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you had a nice time at your mum's. I'd put off the ironing as much as possible too lol!
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the car bill Munchin. Shame OH can't get his mojo together and get the boat ready for selling. But glad to read you're back to feeling motivated again.

Have a good week!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning :wave:

On the train and heading to my good warm work in Belfast. Nothing exciting to report. My work is slowing down for the 12th holidays but I have a ton of itty things to clear which I’m hoping to do today so that tomorrow is an easy day.

I forgot that I’m heading out to lunch with running friends so my prepared lunch will have to wait until tmw.

Money front - both OH & sis gave me back money. OHs still isn’t in my account, so I better check that he sent it to the right account. I will keep some for spending money on my holiday and the rest will go towards my emergency fund and credit card.

I also think we are due a pay arrears this month which will be about £200 for the year. It can go into a wee treat for me and the rest into the annual bills fund which was cleared out by the car.

I plan on heading to forest later with pup, so that will be something to look forward to :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all,

12th holidays are over and I was back at work today. It's still very quiet in work as so many people take 2 weeks leave over the 12th. OH & I went out for dinner last night and we paid for it with our ebay sales and £2 savings pot:).

A relative died yesterday and she is being buried tomorrow so I have taken leave in the morning. She was poorly for a very long time but it's still sad even though she is no longer in pain. After that I'm heading back to work and then I have a volunteer thing tomorrow night, which means I probably will not be home until near 10.

Wednesday I have an opticians appointment which I should be able to claim back from work.

Still no word on interview but I do expect to be notified this week and then I will turn into a total nervous nelly :).

Spends still going ok. It was a wee bit spendy today as I've felt a bit run down so I got some Floradix from the chemist so hopefully that will perk me right up :)

Monthly budget - July 18

Groceries - £[STRIKE]180[/STRIKE]/£73.64 left
    Everything - £[STRIKE]110[/STRIKE]/£60.07 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£36 left
    Work - £[STRIKE]40[/STRIKE]/£8 left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income