Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Relief all around that the exam is over! Hope your OH begins to feel better.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all,

Another busy day in Munchin land. I've done my run (3 miles :D), with my trusty pup. I've contacted another dog groomers to see if they can see my dog (current dog groomer on mat leave) and I've trimmed round his face but he needs a groom.

I've been to the hairdressers myself and my hair is currently in shock!! but it will be fine. Is there something wrong that my haircut is cheaper than the dog??? :o. I've balanced the budgets and spent ages doing work for the volunteer thing.

OH rang to see if I know what to get for dinner but I've not had a minute to think about it.

Last things to do before I sit down with a good book is to do a wee spot of ironing and tidy bedroom & living room. Then I can put my feet up and watch the thunder roll by :).
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all,

Another week skips by & I don’t know where it went :think:.

Work is still pants but I have a few days out so I can avoid the bully for a bit longer. My boss is going on holidays this week so I have a full month with no one to help deflect the bully ....carp.

I had a flare up of stomach upset the last few days so there wasn’t much activity with me. Today I feel so much better so have done loads -
    • Cleaned my house
    • Tidied mums as she is away.
    • Made Uncles dinner & tidied his place.
    • Ironing & some washing.
    • cleaned out clothes drawers.
    I’m not making any in roads into latest credit card debt as it is 0% interest and OH owes me money. I know what mine is his etc but he’s not earning anything & neither is he looking for anything. This would be ok (we have his redundancy payment) but he’s spending as if we still have 2 incomes. Happy venting here as it keeps me sane. Starting to worry about what happens once redundancy is gone & he could still be depressed and drinking too much. He’s had his first therapist appt but it’s been a month with no follow up appt.

Happier news - I finished with my counsellor. Extra money towards debts but more importantly I have the ED under control & feel like I know how to manage it :).

Tomorrow we OH & I are hitting the beach :).

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hi Munchin - Supermodel dog eh!?

I'm sorry that work has been getting you down and the bully is much in evidence. Is there no-one at work you can speak to this about? Any news of the other job!

Also you must be worried about OH. He definitely sounds very depressed and is still grieving Is there anyone in his family he would listen to that can help discuss things through with him? Can he chase up the counsellor session?

But I'm glad to hear your own therapist sessions have ended and there is extra money in the pot.

Hope you both have a relaxing day at the beach tomorrow.
    🌟
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thanks SS, he’s not close to his family at all and doesn’t have any close friends. I will remind him/nag him about following up. Last night he started cleaning the windows at 10...ok so I have clean windows this morning but it’s not normal.

About to pick Mum up for mass and then OH & I plus one baldy pup are going to the beach:)
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Yes - things certainly appear to be playing on his mind - keep nagging.

Weather looks glorious - at least baldy pup shouldn't be cold!:D
    🌟
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay on getting the test done. Looks like you've been busy too.

Hope the work bully behaves. I've been there before and it's not pleasant :(
  • Munchin
    edited 26 June 2018 at 6:45AM
    Options
    Thanks SS & Lilith,

Yesterday was an NSD & today I woke up more positive about everything. I think the sunshine yesterday helped. We were unsuccessful in getting baldy pup to enjoy the water:D. Picnic made up from leftovers and lunch today made up from leftovers.

Today I!!!8217;m on the train into work and will stop at Mr Ts for fruit and nuts so that will be a wee spend.

This week I have 3 volunteer things and a Woman in Leadership conference and 1 days leave so can limit my time with bully. He is a horrible person who bullies everyone and it!!!8217;s been going on for years but unfortunately apart from trying to curtail the worst which I!!!8217;m doing, unless myself or line manager are prepared to take a grievance our hands are tied. Civil service can be pants with these issues.

So I!!!8217;m really only in work Mon & Wed :).

Money front - car sick :(. It!!!8217;s been getting sicker these last 2 weeks but I can!!!8217;t take it into garage until Friday. OH is usually good at fixing my car but not this time. He says if it!!!8217;s this it could be £350 or if it!!!8217;s that it could be £500:eek:. At least when I leave it in I will know for sure... I have £450 in car pot so it better be less than that. It doesn!!!8217;t have power when driving but it comes and goes so having to stick to back roads in case the power goes.

Anyhow, I will do a few surveys before train gets to my station. Have a good day:).

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

So yesterday I spent approx £4 in Mr T & £25 on diesel which wasn’t so bad. This morning I downloaded a debt free app and will start tracking my credit card pay off:)

I was at volunteer thing last night and I’m there again today. I have a set of minutes to type up and lots of paperwork to sort out so that is my plans for today.

Happy news - the job I want was advertised internally yesterday and I got line manager approval to apply straight away and my application is now in:D. Obviously I will not be the only one interested but hopefully if I say enough prayers and prepare for interview as best I can then I have as good a chance as anyone. Closing date is next Friday and as we have the 12th holidays the following week then it could be at least 2 weeks before i get invited for interview. There could be light at get the end of the tunnel:).

Sunshine is still making me feel good :D
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Keeping everything crossed for the job interview, Munchin!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure