My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That’s a good idea FG…..eating home made cake watching the bake off final. 
    OBL the refund sounded impressive but it’s a pity you needed to get one. Hope you begin to get some relief soon for your leg.

January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    foxgloves said:
    Hi @Onebrokelady - Glad to hear you have some exercises to do for your sciatica because you don't need an additional painful condition on top of your fibromyalgia. You have both made a huge amount of pom-poms! They will look very festive. I keep meaning to knit some 'paper chains' as my Mum made some years ago for a church yarn bombing thing & they did look effective. 
    We were also really disappointed when Jurgen got evicted from GBBO. He was our favourite, as he was so unflappable & matter-of-fact with his dry humour & love of biscuit engineering precision. I have no idea who will win this year as the remaining contestants are very closely matched & they all want to win. Mr F has been dropping hints that I could bake a cake to eat while we are watching the final. Hmmmm.
    F x
    Thanks Foxgloves 
    We have pom poms all over the place 😀I was originally going to knit chains but wasn't sure if they would stretch while they were hanging up 🤷‍♀️ We aren't watching the final of Bake off because I will throw things at the telly is the wrong person wins 😂I'm going to wait and see who wins and then if it's either of the people I like I will watch it on Wednesday. We normally make something to match the weekly theme to eat while watching it but didn't for this series because we are both dieting 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    milann said:
    That’s a good idea FG…..eating home made cake watching the bake off final. 
    OBL the refund sounded impressive but it’s a pity you needed to get one. Hope you begin to get some relief soon for your leg.

It was a shame the salad was mush 😟 my leg is not really improving much. If anything it seems worse to me 🤷‍♀️
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    We have finished one Pom Pom garland 🎉🎉🤷‍♀️ however we are rapidly running out of time, the next one is about 18 ft long 🙀🙀so is going to take some work. The one we have just finished is about 14 ft long so not quite as bad then the third wall is quite a bit smaller because of the over hang from the back of the stairs. We have until Friday if we want to put them all up then so this week if going to be Pom Pom crazy 🙀😆🙀😆

Tonight I went to my SW meeting and I put on half a pound which was expected and not as much as I thought it would be. I'm still a bit frustrated with myself though because that is the result of some basic self sabotage. I am back on it now and hope to lose the pound I need to lose to get to the top of my goal by next Monday.

Tomorrow we have to go shopping for cat litter and some food bits. We are going to get some ingredients to recreate three of the Gousto meals we have tried because they are the ones we have liked the most,so we will be making and we already have some of the bits we need to make them 😊
    One Pot Turkish Style Meat Free Mince and Bulgur Pilaf
    Roasted Cauliflower Korma with Rice
    Rigatoni Caprese ( Hello Fresh meal) 

This week we have tried 
    Tabbouleh Style Squash and Feta salad 😍
    Creamy Lemon Meat Free Chicken Linguine with a cheesy crumb topping 😍
    Oven Baked Feta and Pea Shoot Risotto 😍
    Sweet Chilli Halloumi Burger with Pickled Cucumber 😍

The meals we are going to recreate do have leftovers too so should be enough fo more than one meal 😊
    I'm excited to see if they turn out the same as when we first cooked them 

Nothing else has happened here so far this week, I'm just pootling around at home, my leg is not really improving much so I'm not sure how that's going to pan out when I go back to work next week. It will be kill or cure I'm afraid because I'm not taking another week off, I've been off for three weeks which is three weeks too long. I don't go back to work until next Monday so hopefully something miraculous might occur between now and then 🤞🤞🤞 
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hmmmm not a very successful start to the day. I got up nice and early got ready to go shopping but we ended up coming back home after waiting at the bus stop for 40 minutes, the bus still hadn't turned up by the time we had got back to the house. It was so cold out there it just put me off going anywhere knowing we would probably have to wait ages to get a bus back as well.

We came home and made a list of enough items to make it worthwhile doing an online shop and also to take advantage of having things delivered we ordered a lot of Christmas food bits too plus alcohol which is always a pain to carry home. We will just need frozen and fresh now. I did prioritise buying a double pack of stuffing just in case there is a Christmas shortage😀 and bought our nut roasts that we like because they will go in the freezer so we just need veg for the actual Christmas dinner and a pudding of some sort. I can rest easy now knowing I've got stuffing and a bottle of Baileys if nothing else 😂

I then decided to sort the chickens out so that's been done and they are pottering runs the garden, there is a cheeky robin going in and out of the run helping himself to the chicken food at the moment, I just hope he doesn't tell all his mates .

B has had a short walk because both of us were liming this morning and I've swept my floors and got a load of washing in the machine. I'm just having lunch then it's Pom Pom time 
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The meals sound lovely. Have you cancelled the box subscriptions now? 

Baileys and stuffing for Christmas - what more could you need 🤣
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Christmas organised 👏👏👏
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    The meals sound lovely. Have you cancelled the box subscriptions now? 

Baileys and stuffing for Christmas - what more could you need 🤣
    No we haven't cancelled them we have another two weeks worth then we are missing a week because that weeks menu isn't that useful to us. We only have four meals a week so still need meals for the other days. The next box arrives on Thursday so we will see how we get on with that 
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    milann said:
    Christmas organised 👏👏👏
    Definitely 😀
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Today I made 12 more pom-poms 🎉🎉I am planning on making more tomorrow 😬 
    We didn't go shopping so couldn't buy the ingredients that we wanted so I took some vivera mince out of the freezer and made lasagne with the last of a box of sheets that were in the cupboard, there is enough for tomorrow night too so I wont have to cook tomorrow 🎉🎉
    The next Gousto box arrives on Thursday so we will have four new meals to try which will take us up to Monday then we can hopefully go shopping and pick up some ingredients to have a go at recreating the meals ourselves . I'm excited to see what's in the box because I've  forgotten what we ordered as usual, my bad memory does mean I get regular nice surprises 😀

We ended up watching Bake Off and I'm sad that Chigs didn't win but glad that Guiseppe did in the end,it seemed to mean a lot to him so that's good 

I'm now off to bed to hope I can sleep with my throbbing leg 😡
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback