My journey to a debt free life

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
6K replies 312.1K views

Replies

• Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    13.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad SW went well, shouldn’t take too long to get back to goal, about 12 weeks if you take it steady. Work sounded dire, hope you manage to relax on your days off.
    Christmas Savings 2021 £608.95/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    October NSD: 12/15
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you enjoyed SW, OBL. Just keep thinking about your goal, find some nice tasty recipes to cook & you'll do it. I've got 7.9 naughty regained kilos back off now. Am not doing SW, but I bet the plan I'm following is similar - plenty of fruit & veg, complex carbs in measured portions & lean proteins. You usually sound pretty active, so that will help too.
    F x
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
  • Willowtree222Willowtree222 Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry work wasn’t great. I’ve seen the paint and it does look lovely. It’s not bright white but still looks airy and spacious. 

Enjoy your day today. Hopefully you’re not in too much pain. X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • milannmilann Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you’re feeling a bit better after your strenuous day at work. The paint sounds ideal for a hall. 
    I’m pleased you liked your sw group. I very nearly blew it all today with a bit of unplanned emotional eating but think I’ve pulled it back. It’s always the day before weigh in I sabotage things 😏 Good luck with your 1 st week 👍
  • OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad SW went well, shouldn’t take too long to get back to goal, about 12 weeks if you take it steady. Work sounded dire, hope you manage to relax on your days off.
    Thanks,I'm aiming to take it slowly so I don't feel too deprived 😀 I've not done a lot on my days off,I'm too tired .
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,226 Now Owed = £13,391.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    foxgloves said:
    Glad to hear you enjoyed SW, OBL. Just keep thinking about your goal, find some nice tasty recipes to cook & you'll do it. I've got 7.9 naughty regained kilos back off now. Am not doing SW, but I bet the plan I'm following is similar - plenty of fruit & veg, complex carbs in measured portions & lean proteins. You usually sound pretty active, so that will help too.
    F x
    Wow well done on your weight loss Foxgloves. I feel very motivated at the moment so hopefully that will last. I've been on the app tonight and there are some lovely easy recipes on there that appeal to me. I saw a lovely looking tomato tart that I'm going to make for sure. I am usually quite active but lately not as much due to pain in my legs, I'm hoping I can increase my walking soon 
    House Fund = £700
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry work wasn’t great. I’ve seen the paint and it does look lovely. It’s not bright white but still looks airy and spacious. 

Enjoy your day today. Hopefully you’re not in too much pain. X
    It looks good in DDs bedroom so I think it will suit the hall, it definitely needs brightening up. I've not been feeling too great but I did get some bits done😊
    House Fund = £700
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Hope you’re feeling a bit better after your strenuous day at work. The paint sounds ideal for a hall. 
    I’m pleased you liked your sw group. I very nearly blew it all today with a bit of unplanned emotional eating but think I’ve pulled it back. It’s always the day before weigh in I sabotage things 😏 Good luck with your 1 st week 👍
    Thanks Milann Im glad you have managed to pull it back ,sometimes things happen to throw us off plan,I'm terrible for emotional eating but I've been writing in a journal when I'm upset so that helps 😊 I also eat if I'm bored so I need to keep busy and make sure I have healthy snacks for when those moments strike, bananas are my friend here 😀 I'm not sure if I might be overdoing it with the fruit though,I bought a punnet of strawberries and one of Raspberries on Monday and I've eaten them all already 🙀 I've also had carrots, peas and broccoli, my body will be wondering what the heels going on 😀 
    House Fund = £700
    5.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a lot has been achieved today because I haven't felt too good. I have had a horrible headache all day which won't go away despite taking different painkillers. I did put some bits in the loft that I hadn't planned to do and I got some washing done. It kept raining so it didn't get pegged out 😟

I have eaten well today but made a curry for tea with a jar of Korma sauce I already had,I didn't want to waste it, but it works out at nearly 6 syns per serving just for the sauce, luckily everything else including the rice was free. I get 15 syns a day but I had a sandwich for lunch made with white bread because thats what I had already bought,so that's my syns used up for the day. Once these things are gone I won't buy them again,I would normally not start a diet until they were gone but didn't want to wait.
    Today I've had
    Weetabix for breakfast
    Quorn Ham sandwich for lunch 
    Quorn Chicken Korma And rice for tea
    Snacks = Raspberries,Strawberries a Banana and two Oranges  

Im working tomorrow 9 - 5 so will be taking a packed lunch then having curry for tea. I've signed up for the SW app tonight and there are some good recipes on there that will be good for work so I will have a go at some of those as soon as I get organised 

Today was also payday but I haven't looked at my bank account yet. I will be checking it on Thursday at some point. I got my rota for the next two months on Sunday and I'm very pleased that I have been put down to work every Sunday apart from one in August and every Sunday in September so that will boost the bank balance. I need to keep on squirrelling money into the house fund to pay for this work I'm having done and also need to keep an eye on the Christmas fund, it's looking good at £400 but will need topping up between now and November 

Right I had better get myself off to bed 💤💤
    House Fund = £700
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning @OBL, I agree with you that finishing up your food supplies was much better from a financial & ethical point of view than just binning them. I always find I have a couple of using-up days at the start of a diet plan.
    Am also with you on monitoring the Christmas Fund. Mine kind of doubles as the Presents Pot but because birthdays amoung our families & friends are so clustered together in the winter months, I need to bear that in mind as well as Christmas presents. I like a target amount to be in the Presents Pot by October, then I know it will cover everything up to & including February birthdays. I already have a couple of gifts bought & squirrelled away & some ideas jotted down in my notebook.
    F x
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)