My journey to a debt free life

in Debt Free Diaries
6.1K replies 319.4K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worked yesterday and it was a happy day,we either had no patients or a group arrived at the same time, it was also really hot so I felt irritable all day. 

Today I had a lie in because I was shattered then I went to DD1s house to celebrate DGS1s fourth birthday 😊the weather forecast said rain and thunder but it just started off cloudy and gradually got warmer and sunnier as the afternoon went on. We had a lovely time and all the kids enjoyed the pool and garden games 😊

I came home and took B for her evening walk and it chucked it down so we got soaked,I was hoping for a thunder storm last night but we didn't get one 

Im off to bed shortly because I am tired and I have to get up at 6 for work 😟 I'm on a long day tomorrow so will belong to the NHS for 12.5 hours then I have Monday and Tuesday off 🎉🎉🎉 I will probably be doing some more painting plus I am going to my new slimming world meeting on Monday evening so there's lots going on 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope work is ok and not too busy for you. 
    Enjoy your days off and hope SlimmingWorld is ok for you and the consultant is ok 👍
  • Willowtree222Willowtree222 Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope work is okay today.

Enjoy your two days off x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • edited 25 July at 3:36PM
    Sunshine_girl2Sunshine_girl2 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 25 July at 3:36PM
    Love your choice of laminate , I had some at my previous address a little like it. It was hard wearing and easy to keep clean. It will all be lovely if you get the hall painted as well. Glad you have found a handy man so worthwhile knowing a reputable tradesman . Hope you are having a good Sunday . 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is a cheap quote from the handyman. If he does a good job he will be a gem. Mine is quite pricey, but reliable. And always booked up well in advance now. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Hope work is ok and not too busy for you. 
    Enjoy your days off and hope SlimmingWorld is ok for you and the consultant is ok 👍
    Work was brutally busy and we were understaffed so not a good shift, I was glad to get home. My slimming world meeting went well and they are a nice group, the consultant is lovely 😊
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope work is okay today.

Enjoy your two days off x
    Work wasn't good 😟I'm going to enjoy my two days off,I definitely don't want to go back on Wednesday 
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love your choice of laminate , I had some at my previous address a little like it. It was hard wearing and easy to keep clean. It will all be lovely if you get the hall painted as well. Glad you have found a handy man so worthwhile knowing a reputable tradesman . Hope you are having a good Sunday . 
    Thank you I'm really happy with my choice now and can't wait to get it all done, Sunday was a day I could have done without hit onwards and upwards 😀
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is a cheap quote from the handyman. If he does a good job he will be a gem. Mine is quite pricey, but reliable. And always booked up well in advance now. 
    He is only charging me for a part day because the jobs I have for him won't take long at all. I hope he is good because then I can use him again, I've seen some photos of his work and he seems to know what he is doing 
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So yesterday at work was horrible, it's so busy at the moment and we are very under staffed due to people self isolating etc etc. We have a few patients requiring one to one supervision at meal times and it's very time consuming. Not much stocking up of supplies has been done either so I was running round doing that. I could hardly walk when I left in the evening, I came home had a shower and went straight to bed with a big dose of painkillers. I'm still not great today but powering through anyway.

Today I had to go and buy more paint for the hallway. I've gone for a slightly paler colour out there because it has to go up over the stairs and upstairs landing, there are no windows on my upstairs landing so I want a lighter colour, I've gone for one called Timeless, it's the same colour as I used in DD2s bedroom so an off white, it should look nice 😊

Slimming world went well, it's a nice group with a nice consultant, I bought a 6 week count down and have 16.5lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight. I also bought a copy of the magazine and it's got some lovely recipes in it that I think I will like. I went shopping today and bought fruit for snacks so I'm off to a good start 😀
    House Fund = £700