My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 July 2021 at 12:57PM
    Options
    Our WW leader left last year and a new one has taken over. Not met her yet. I wasn’t over keen on the old leader at first but she grew on me over time. We had odd ones filling in when she was away and some of them were awful.  Another new one to get used to when the group is up and running again.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Our WW leader left last year and a new one has taken over. Not met her yet. I wasn’t over keen on the old leader at first but she grew on me over time. We had odd ones filling in when she was away and some of them were awful.  Another new one to get used to when the group is up and running again.
    I hate it when the group leader changes,I did look at WW but they are very thin on the ground here and there isn't a group near enough for me to get to . My WW leader was lovely 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good news on finding a sw group. I’ve left a message for one to ring me back…..so I could well be going tomorrow if she does. I’m not going to mess about this time if I don’t loose something within a month I’m calling it a day. I don’t mind if it’s only 1/2 a week but I need to see some changes.
    I haven’t done a great deal either - it’s too hot to move 🌞😏 
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    milann said:
    Good news on finding a sw group. I’ve left a message for one to ring me back…..so I could well be going tomorrow if she does. I’m not going to mess about this time if I don’t loose something within a month I’m calling it a day. I don’t mind if it’s only 1/2 a week but I need to see some changes.
    I haven’t done a great deal either - it’s too hot to move 🌞😏 
    It's been 31 degrees here today and I have had three cold showers 😀
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    I got lots of painting done this afternoon, I've done a first coat on the stairs,all the skirting boards on the landing and all the door frames on the landing. Then I had a cold shower because I was so hot it was unbearable. 
    I also gave B a bath today because she was smelly and I thought it would cool her down 😊
    Tomorrow I have to get up early because I have to take Babs the 🐓to the vet, she has got  a wheezy chest so I'm not sure if she will need antibiotics, that will be fun 🙀

Then I am going into town for some bits and pieces. I also need some more gloss paint 
    This evening I have had my third cold shower after walking B and also sat out in the garden with my feet in a bowl of cold water 😀
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bowl of cold water for feet…..mmmmmm…….sounds a great idea 👍👍 guess what I’m going to do now 👍👍
    January spends - £587.58
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You have been busy, OBL. I am now jealous of your bowl of cold water for feet. It is so hot that my ankles have gone a bit puffy, which only happens in extreme heat. I am looking forward to autumn, And winter. I am fine up to around 25 degrees, then I don't want to play any more!
    F
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    milann said:
    Bowl of cold water for feet…..mmmmmm…….sounds a great idea 👍👍 guess what I’m going to do now 👍👍
    It's so lovely 😀today I have also filled a small spray bottle with water and put it in the fridge then I keep spraying myself with it and letting the water just dry on my skin,it does help to cool you down 😊
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    foxgloves said:
    You have been busy, OBL. I am now jealous of your bowl of cold water for feet. It is so hot that my ankles have gone a bit puffy, which only happens in extreme heat. I am looking forward to autumn, And winter. I am fine up to around 25 degrees, then I don't want to play any more!
    F
    My feet tend to burn even in cold weather especially at night,yesterday it was unbearable so I thought I would give it a go, it's really soothing and helps to cool your whole body. I might also put some Epsom salts in there as well 😊
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Today I went to the vet which cost me £80 for the consult and two different antibiotics, the vet isn't sure what wrong with Babs but thinks it's a sore larynx, she said she is actually very healthy and her lungs are fine ,she is also a good weight so it's a mystery,she seems happy in herself. I now have to shove a tablet that is bigger than a paracetamol down her throat twice a day and syringe some liquid in once a day, I gave her some grapes after as a treat for being a good girl 😀

I was actually late for my appointment because our bus service seemed to be non functional today so I decided as it was so hot I wouldn't go into town, all the things I needed can wait apart from some bits of food shopping and a birthday card but I am now going tomorrow instead .

Today I took advantage of the sun and stripped the cushion covers off one of my settees where B tends to sleep,it has a throw on it but I like to try and wash it  a couple of times a year if I can. I also washed all the dog beds and blankets so now everything including the dog has had a wash and smells lovely,if I can I am going to do the second settee tomorrow when I get back from town.

I have had progress on the house front today as well, I saw a l local handyman how came and did some work for my neighbour advertising on FB so I have arranged for him to come round and have a look at the stairway wall that needs painting, he is coming in the morning to see if it's doable. I did it myself last time but I was younger and less accident prone and the way I did it wasn't safe at all,I can't take that risk now so I'm hoping he can do it if not I will look for someone else

I had a quote back from the second carpet company and it was almost the same so I am going with the original company, they have booked me in for the 25th and 26th of August so I have until then to finish the painting. Its all coming together at last 😀
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback