My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    In all the excitement of the flooring I forgot to say I've been gifted a Dolce Gusto coffee machine,my mum got a new one so gave me hers. I'm not too sure if I want to keep it though because the pods are not environmentally friendly, I did buy 1 box to try it out and it does make mice coffee. They were dear in Sainsbury's but I've found them on Amazon for half the price, I've said I will try it out for a couple of weeks and if I don't like it I'm going to give it to DDs friend who is a coffee fiend 😀  
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I’m pretty sure Aldi goes coffee to fit the machines and I’ve heard good things about them.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Worth checking the Dolce Gusto website to see if they recycle the pods, I know some do.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Onebrokelady
    milann said:
    I’m pretty sure Aldi goes coffee to fit the machines and I’ve heard good things about them.
    Thanks Milann, My local Aldi is a bit out of the way for me to go to regularly but I could go and stock up 😊
  • Onebrokelady
    Worth checking the Dolce Gusto website to see if they recycle the pods, I know some do.
    Thanks SA I will go and have a look,that would make me feel better about it 😀
  • Onebrokelady
    I've just checked the Dolce Gusto site and they do recycle their pods, if you order your coffee via the website they send bags with the order, you just have to print off a label and either take them to a local yodel drop off point or chuck  them in the post, the prices of the pods on their website are 99p more than Amazon for the same amount of pods so it costs slightly more but would offset my guilt over using the machine in the first place 😀

In other news I popped into town today because I needed some food shopping and I bought myself a new pair of extendable loppers, they are heavy duty ones and were only £20 in Mr W. I have a very out of control shrub up by my washing line that badly needs pruning, it's in the way of the line now so I've decided tomorrow will be a garden day, I've been in the house all week painting so fancy a day outside 

• Onebrokelady
    I love my new loppers they cut through wood like a hot knife through butter,I just have to make sure I don't go crazy and chop everything in the garden down 😀best £20 I've spent in a long time. I'm just having a coffee break then will be back out to do some more. I've cut the grass on the front garden and sorted the chickens so lots done outside today

I didn't take B out this morning because it was far to hot,I'm going to take her out later when it's hopefully cooler, she is hiding upstairs on the landing for some reason,its actually cooler in the living room but she won't stay in there on her own 🤷‍♀️
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The loppers sound a great buy. There’s a great satisfaction doing proper gardening where you can see the difference.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Onebrokelady
    milann said:
    The loppers sound a great buy. There’s a great satisfaction doing proper gardening where you can see the difference.
    I got quite a lot done today, my washing should dry better now 😊
  • Onebrokelady
    I've enjoyed my day today, the shrub is greatly reduced and most of the brambles that were growing through it are gone,I've stuffed them down the back of the shed where you can't see them because there was a gap there for the 🐓🐓 to escape, luckily they hadn't found it, they won't attempt to get through now though 😀 I was absolutely covered in bark, twigs and leaves so had to have a nice cool shower when I came in.

I've spent the evening sitting out on the patio reading while the bats fly around.DD2 has gone off to Bristol for the weekend so I have the house to myself until tomorrow night.
    I took B for a nice slow walk round the block at 8.30 when it had gotten slightly cooler, she was still panting though. I'm now sitting here  in front of a fan trying to keep cool 😀
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback