My journey to a debt free life

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
5.6K replies 290.3K views

Replies

• Seasidegal58Seasidegal58 Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re the new forum style, thanks for pointing out the new rules as I haven't read these yet!  I've been putting a money orientated end paragraph on my posts for a while now so hopefully that keeps me 'on topic!'

Enjoy your lunch with your friend today and good luck with the wall painting later. Could you hire a sander or is it not worth it?

Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re the new forum style, thanks for pointing out the new rules as I haven't read these yet!  I've been putting a money orientated end paragraph on my posts for a while now so hopefully that keeps me 'on topic!'

Enjoy your lunch with your friend today and good luck with the wall painting later. Could you hire a sander or is it not worth it?

Just got back and had a lovely time. It's not worth hiring a sander for what I want to do and I think I might have discovered how to fix it 😀
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £3,878 Now Owed = £13,739.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £400.00
    House Fund = £2,100😊
  • edited 17 June at 4:11PM
    OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 June at 4:11PM
    Just got back from coffee with my friend and it was lovely to catch up. I am trying not to eat too much so had cake and coffee instead of a toasted sandwich plus cake and coffee. 
    Ive been doing really well this week and have lost 2.5lbs so far. I don't really want to follow a diet as such but I am trying to change my habits so I'm not snacking all the time, I've stopped eating after a certain time in the evening and I'm trying to walk more. I haven't bought any of the naughty food I normally buy so can't nibble on chocolate all day when I'm at home. I've got grapes or bananas to snack on instead 😊 I've got a habit of eating something before I go to bed but I'm not doing that anymore. I'm not overly hungry at the moment so hopefully it will stay that way 

Painting for today has been put on hold because the roller is still wet from yesterday which is annoying,I knew I should have bought two 😟

Im also a bit annoyed with the weather because it was spitting with rain when I went out so I put my washing on the clothes horse and while I was out the sun came out, it's lovely out there now so I've put the clothes horse out on the patio  

Today won't be a NSD because it was my turn to pay for coffee. I also bought some bread and also some sleeping tablets from Mr B, I am having trouble sleeping so thought I would use them for a few nights to see if it helps

Money saving things for today are 
    Drying washing out in the sun
    Not buying anything in the charity shop when I dropped off my donation earlier
    Food tonight from stores  
    Figuring out how to mend my sander so I don't need to hire/ buy another one 
    House Fund = £2,100😊
  • foxglovesfoxgloves Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a storm too, OBL. It's quite dull today & cooler, but I'm glad that the garden has had some rain as it is badly needed.
    F x
    "Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only the moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake".
    Sir Francis Bacon 1561 - 1626 (Philosopher & statesman)
  • edited 17 June at 4:49PM
    badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 June at 4:49PM
    Don't worry too much about the rules, they are pretty much the same as they have always been.  It doesn't happen often on DFW & MFW but some parts of the forum can turn a bit nasty, which leads to people reporting posts, sometimes for nothing.  In my previous persona (which I lost the login for) I was reported & warned (6 months after the fact) for telling someone it wouldn't be a good idea to do something because it was illegal!  So go figure!  They are just trying to avoid dealing with complaints.  That is why discussion time which used to be right at the bottom of the forums has been stopped for a year & I think has now completely disappeared.
  • milannmilann Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loving the money saving of doing your own decorating. Must have saved you a fair amount. 
    It went very dark here so I didn’t do the outsidey jobs I’d half planned to do……it blew over. So annoying when it can’t decide what to do.  We need a thunder storm to clear the air 🤞
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    foxgloves said:
    I was hoping for a storm too, OBL. It's quite dull today & cooler, but I'm glad that the garden has had some rain as it is badly needed.
    F x
    It's chucking it down here and looks fairly ominous so I'm hoping we might get one tonight 😀
    House Fund = £2,100😊
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmemory said:
    Don't worry too much about the rules, they are pretty much the same as they have always been.  It doesn't happen often on DFW & MFW but some parts of the forum can turn a bit nasty, which leads to people reporting posts, sometimes for nothing.  In my previous persona (which I lost the login for) I was reported & warned (6 months after the fact) for telling someone it wouldn't be a good idea to do something because it was illegal!  So go figure!  They are just trying to avoid dealing with complaints.  That is why discussion time which used to be right at the bottom of the forums has been stopped for a year & I think has now completely disappeared.
    I used to visit DT and The Arms so know what you mean, they have got rid of both permanently apparently 🙁
    House Fund = £2,100😊
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Loving the money saving of doing your own decorating. Must have saved you a fair amount. 
    It went very dark here so I didn’t do the outsidey jobs I’d half planned to do……it blew over. So annoying when it can’t decide what to do.  We need a thunder storm to clear the air 🤞
    It will have saved me loads of money,I will need to get someone in to do over the stairs I think, I will have a look myself first but I don't think I've got the balance to do it now 🙀
    House Fund = £2,100😊
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    13K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got someone in to do over the stairs, far too dangerous for me 🙀
    Christmas Savings 2021 £419.49/£600
    Emergency Fund £5400/£10,000
    July NSD: 11/15