My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Broke_Bear
    Broke_Bear Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congratulations OBL xx
    If thou of fortune be bereft, and of thine earthly store hath left,Two loaves, Sell one and with the dole, buy hyacinths to feed the soul. 'Anon'

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
    Debt End of Dec '23 - £0.00 - 100% paid off
    Entering the debt free life and hoping to stay that way permanently!
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Fantastic news! I'm so glad all went well.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on your new grandson! Precious times.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,704 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations xxx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone 😊
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Congratulations OBL that's lovely news :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • BalanceBy50
    BalanceBy50 Posts: 467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on your new grandson. As the mum of two boys they are pretty amazing!

Great news about the patio too xx
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Congratulations OBL that's lovely news :).
    Thanks Hairy:)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Congratulations on your new grandson. As the mum of two boys they are pretty amazing!

Great news about the patio too xx
    Thanks, I had two daughters so didn't realise just how special boys are,I love them to bits :)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    And I'm back again,life's got really busy lately but hopefully things will calm down a bit now

I've been helping my daughter with the DGC so that's kept me busy,then there's work and meeting my mum etc etc

The newly cleared patio has been used for our first barbecue, it was really nice to be able to sit outside and eat

The weather has been scorching hot so I have spent lots of time lolling about reading because I've been too hot to do anything else

It was DGS1s second birthday on Saturday so went there for a party,it was lots of fun and he seemed to enjoy himself,his little cousin was there and they are so sweet together,there is only three weeks between them so they are close and my new DGS was born on the cousins birthday,she also has a new baby brother who is about 3 months old,I can see they will all be good friends as they grow up because they are all quite close in age

I bought DGS a wooden train track for his birthday and he loves it,my son in law sent me a video of him playing with it yesterday and he looked so cute

Yesterday I was working all day,it was a really nice shift actually which made a pleasant change,it's been really busy and challenging over the last few weeks with lots of 1-1 care being needed with some patients ,they have all gone onto various places now so it's calmed down ready for the next lot

I'm off today and tomorrow and today had been spent doing house stuff,so I've done all my washing and got it dried and back indoors before the forecast rain arrived,the kitchen and bathroom are sparkling clean and I have hoovered and polished the rest of the house,I can now chill out for a bit

The only fly in the ointment at the moment is that my poor little dog has hurt her back again,I had to take her back to the vets today,so she now has more meds and is on restricted exercise for 6 weeks, I think we went back to normal exercise too quickly and that has caused this setback,the good news is the vet doesn't think it's going to be a serious ongoing problem that will need continuous treatment, but that she will always have a problem that will flare up from time to time,we now have emergency treatment to give her when it happens then it's just rest and pain killers
    The sad thing about this is my pet insurance won't cover this because she had her first episode in the first two weeks of the policy,so I'm using up my lovely flooring fund to pay for the treatment so far,she is more important than new flooring though so what will be will be

Tomorrow DD1 is coming over with the DGC for the day,we are supposed to going into town but the weather forecast is for thunder storms and rain so I'm not sure we will make it, I'm hoping it won't come in until the evening because I really need to shopping
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback