My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon now that you have the antibiotics OBL. It's horrible having to work when you feel ill.

Well done on the decluttering front, you are really going for it :).

And congratulations on your one year badge, it's always fun getting badges :T _party_ :beer::T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Lifeisforliving19
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon :)
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope the antibiotics are working for you OBL , it's not good feeling ill at work especially in your job non stop.

Your decluttering is putting the rest of us to shame , you are making me want to get going .

Have a good weekend
  • Lifeisforliving19
    Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jan/10/marie-kondo-you-know-what-would-spark-joy-buying-less-crap

thought this might interest you OBL. I have to say I totally agree with it. Although I am loving Marie Kondo, she does need to think about where the stuff is going when they get rid of it.
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Feel better soon m'duck! UTIs are horrid pesky things. Surprising how generally run down they can make you feel.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon. I absolutely hate water infections and tooth ache. they are my worst things to have.
    Hope you feel better soon. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon now that you have the antibiotics OBL. It's horrible having to work when you feel ill.

Well done on the decluttering front, you are really going for it :).

And congratulations on your one year badge, it's always fun getting badges :T _party_ :beer::T.

Thanks Hairy, I didn't feel too good yesterday but don't feel so bad this morning so hopefully the antibiotics have done their job

The decluttering is going really well and I'm not stopping until it's all done ;)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hope the antibiotics are working for you OBL , it's not good feeling ill at work especially in your job non stop.

Your decluttering is putting the rest of us to shame , you are making me want to get going .

Have a good weekend

Thanks Cumbria, I was glad to get home yesterday,I made sure I drank loads to try and flush it out of my system yesterday so hopefully that's helped,we are notorious for in our job for not drinking during a shift because you either don't get time or you forget,onemof my colleagues was at work for 8 ish hours yesterday before she got the chance to go to the loo:eek:
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 January 2019 at 12:12PM
    Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jan/10/marie-kondo-you-know-what-would-spark-joy-buying-less-crap

thought this might interest you OBL. I have to say I totally agree with it. Although I am loving Marie Kondo, she does need to think about where the stuff is going when they get rid of it.

This is why I follow the Minimalists,they also urge you to clear out unwanted things that are cluttering up your life but their main message is Don't Buy It In The First Place, they also advocate people buying good quality items that will last instead of cheap things ,they buy clothes on EBay that are good quality used clothes and their message is you don't need all this stuff to make your life happy,you just need the basics to live from day to day
    Food
    Shelter
    Warm clothes
    Everything else is possibly unnecessary to live a comfortable life
    They concentrate on living a meaningful and productive life where you hopefully don't have to work all the hours god sends to service the debts just to pay for loads of things but instead have time to enjoy your hobbies and experiences that mean the most to you
    At the end of their podcast they always say

Love People Not Things Because The Opposite Never Works
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Feel better soon m'duck! UTIs are horrid pesky things. Surprising how generally run down they can make you feel.
    F x
    Thnaks Foxgloves,I still felt a bit ropey yesterday but feel better today:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback