Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,345 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So Mr SA and DD enjoyed the chicken. The dog had the leftovers.

Beanie - finances are ok but feel I'm waiting for bonuses and pension money before I can move things along.

Not sure what to do about the dodgy ankle - it's still twice the size of the other one. It's been about 16 months now. You can see where the fluid is collecting. Don't know if anything can be done to be honest.

Soon be Easter, hope the weather is better than predicted :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,372 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Was wondering about pension money.
    A friend has been waiting an age for theirs.

Go & see about the ankle.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Better to get the ankle checked than have it flare on holiday?
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,345 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr SA has fallen asleep leaving me with a recorded version of 24 hours in A&E and no sign of the remote. He's also added three things to his pester list - two polo shirts and chanterey carrots (yes carrots!!).

I don't think the ankle will flare up as such, it just seems to have come to a standstill in improvement. I was told it may never get back to normal due to severity of breaks. The outer bone seems fine, it's the inner one. And this is when I could throttle Mr SA for his moment of carelessness, he just doesn't take it seriously.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :( on the ankle

at least the carrots are cheap I suppose.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,372 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Carrots :eek::rotfl::rotfl:

I will make no comment on the other:mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    . He's also added three things to his pester list - two polo shirts and chanterey carrots (yes carrots!!).

I.

I'm with Mr SA on the Chanteney carrots - they are gorgeous!!

Found some in my local co-op reduced so brought a few packs - the taste is out of this world.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My sister is nearly 4 years on from her ankle and leg break and hers is still twice the size of her other. It swells up massively when she's been on a long shift at work etc too. She does still have rods in though and they said it will always be like that now :( It's worth going back to have it checked though!

Have a lovely day
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    V. good idea on having a separate budget for the alcohol. I think drink can run away with the food budget sometimes. And your savings list is looking pretty good as well!:j

Oh dear to the continuing Mr SA list! I assume he gets these ideas from the TV? The QVC channel? At least the carrots are actually healthy and sound delish from what EE has posted!

Sorry to hear about your ongoing ankle swelling. My own foot doesn't appear to have gone down fully from the bout of plantar I had last year. :( Such a pain.

Anyway hope your day is going well SA.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feel your pain SA - took well over 2 years for my foot to feel normal after I'd broken a metatarsal - have you had physio on it at all? A trip to the GP can't do any harm, it'd put your mind at rest.
    Pleased to hear your ds has settle down in his new home.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure