Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,870 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Your ds books are cheap - everything in the CS is quite expensive here - I haven’t bought anything from a CS for ages as I can get better bargains in the shops new. That sounds really bad and snobby - it’s not. I used to buy loads but the prices have really gone expensive:eek:

Same here:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,650 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Boo back to work tomorrow, my two weeks off have gone by far too fast :(

Another productive day today, Insanity this morning, came home to recover with a coffee then off to Aldi to stock up on fresh stuff for the coming week. It's about a 20 minutes walk each way from my house, Mr SA came on his scooter and we took the dog. Back home for lunch, then made my soup for work lunches, did the ironing, cleaned the house, steam mopped the floors and did finances. Still to do meal plan for next week and have a bath.

Paid £50 off the cc leaving total outstanding of £247.54, was going to pay off £100 but didn't want to leave myself short. It will be cleared by the end of the month, I don't leave a balance - pay interest me not a chance.

£6.65 has gone to VSP meaning new total is £507.98.

On budget grocery and other spends wise but will need to make an effort the next two weeks of the budget period to stay on track.

Mr SA not been his best today, he's slept a lot and has been more confused than usual. He had a fall yesterday which shook him up a bit, he slipped on the stairs.

Weather has been lovely here today after a showery start, quite warm in the sun.

Hope everyone has had a good day :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hope mr SA is ok xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorry about Mr SA's fall. Just reading about your Sunday has made me tired, you're on fire today!

I hope you have a relaxing evening and work tomorrow isn't too much of a shock to the system.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    You are so good at getting things done and I Am not. LOL

Really sorry about Mr SA's fall. must be a bit scary.

hope you have a relaxing evening.
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Poor Mr SA :(
    Have a good week :)
    Hope work is ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is better tomorrow.

Being back at work brings you a week nearer to Lanzarote again. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is ok today and your first day back at work went well Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope you have survived your first day back :) xx

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,682 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope work hasn’t been too much of a shock to the system.
    I do feel for Mr SA with his falls. It must make him feel rubbish. I feel for you too having to cope with it all.
    Have you sorted another holiday yet?
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family