Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Things can only get better - Page 173

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Things can only get better

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
5.9K replies 513K views

Replies

• Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    10.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought re: respite. Have you looked into paid respite? I know it can't be cheap and Mr SA will probably have to be 'managed' into it, but it could make all the difference to you.

Thanks Cherry - I could get it paid for by Adult Health & Social Care but there's no way Mr SA would go anywhere, it's not even negotiable with him.

Hope everyone has had a good Sunday and that the weather has been better than yesterday.

The weather here has been gorgeous today but we haven't been anywhere. Mr SA decided he couldn't be bothered to go to the Christmas market and I wasn't bothered enough to persuade him to go. Instead I've spent the best part of the day giving the whole house a good clean and tidy up.

The dog jumped off the bed this morning and has hurt her paw so she's been limping and yelping all day. Can't see anything wrong with it though. I didn't take her for her usual park run this morning, thought it best she rested her paw but she was looking out the window longingly all day - she knows the park is just across the road. In the end Mr SA took her for a ride on his scooter and they stopped off at the park on the way back for a bit.

Anyway the not going anywhere means today has been another NSD :)

Finance wise I've come in under budget for the week again with £28.49 remaining so £8.49 has gone to VSP and the £20 has been paid off vet bill :)

So as it stands today:
    Tesco card £0
    Vet bill £415.00
    Barclaycard £1880
    VSP £21.63

New 4 week budget period starts tomorrow. This is where I'll need to keep a tight rein on things as the next couple of weeks have the potential to be quite expensive.

Extra expenses coming up next week:

1. Hairdressers on Wednesday - I'm going to give him a bigger tip than usual as it's Christmas :D
    2. Promised Mr SA we'd go for a drink after hairdressers in the pub next door - only the one mind ;)
    3. Works Christmas meal on Friday - meal is already paid for but will need money for drinks
    4. Possible meal out next weekend
    5. Extra food/drinks needed for Christmas Eve buffet - DS and family are coming to pick up presents and I've told Mr SA to ask his sister and BIL to come if they are free

I've still got a couple of presents to buy but these will come out of what's left in the Christmas fund.

Only 5 more work get ups to go :j
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2020 £600
    Emergency Fund £5000/£10,000
    October NSD:
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    All sounding good :) xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • milannmilann Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it when the whole house is cleaned in readiness for Christmas.
  • WannabeFreeWannabeFree Forumite
    4.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good weekend :)

Hope the dog is okay

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
    10.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Monday done :)

The dog is still limping but more mobile than yesterday.

The washing machine is playing up now, it won't drain :( On the plus side it's insured so won't cost anything to repair. I've checked the filter as last time there was a sock blocking it but it looks clear.

I could've killed Mr SA last night, I'd fallen asleep on the sofa and woke up to find him drying my phone with a throw and my iPad laying in a pool of beer. He'd knocked his beer over on the coffee table :( Luckily no harm done apart from a sticky floor (freshly steam mopped earlier that day). He is so careless and he wouldn't even have been sorry if he'd ruined my phone and iPad. Anyway that's the last time I leave anything on the coffee table.

Only 4 more get ups to go. Having said that I've got 11 days at home with Mr SA so I might be counting down the days until I go back to the sanctuary of work!
    October NSD:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Eeek to the near miss with the ipad & your phone.
    Glad they were ok.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I'd fallen asleep on the sofa and woke up to find him drying my phone with a throw and my iPad laying in a pool of beer. He'd knocked his beer over on the coffee table :( Luckily no harm done apart from a sticky floor (freshly steam mopped earlier that day). He is so careless and he wouldn't even have been sorry if he'd ruined my phone and iPad. Anyway that's the last time I leave anything on the coffee table.

Or confiscate the beer? :D

I'm so glad your phone and ipad are okay. That's the sort of thing one really misses if not available - however did we cope as teenagers when these things hadn't been invented?!
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 15.5 coupons spent out of 66
  • Hope you're ok SA? x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
    10.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally I've finished work for Christmas :)

Been AWOL from here all week, it's been manic. Have been spending money hand over fist buying stuff for Christmas, mainly food, nothing interesting.

Dog's paw is back to normal thankfully but the washer is still broken, it needs a new pump and they have to order it. So it's off to the launderette tomorrow with the mountain of washing that's built up. Could really do without this :( Mr SA is super excited as the launderette is near several coffee shops. I'm annoyed as he's at home all day and could take the washing to the launderette but is saying he doesn't know how to work the machines. Well neither do I but the instructions are on them!! It's so frustrating that he won't do anything to help out.

Been on the work Christmas meal this afternoon, it was ok, not like my old team though, I was back home for 4pm and only had two drinks. The others went on elsewhere, I felt like a party pooper but I always have Mr SA waiting for me at the back of my mind.

The wallet Mr SA bought on holiday which was "just what he wanted" is no longer sufficient for his needs and he desperately needs another one NOW. I've had a right time trying to convince him that town is a nightmare at the moment and there is no way I want to see it again until well into the New Year.

I've had another ordeal in that I ordered a back support cushion from Groupon for Mr SA three weeks ago, still not arrived. Chased it up and Hermes claim they delivered it on 7 December and it was signed for - not true!!!! Thankfully Groupon are going to credit my account so I can buy another one.

I've had a lovely Christmas present from the lady I'm a PA for - a bottle of Sipsmith gin - happy days :)

Hope everyone is ok I'll catch up with diaries shortly.
    October NSD:
  • milannmilann Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a busy week.

It must be so maddening when you’re at work and Mr SA won’t do things. I know he has his limits but I’m sure he could do more for you.
    Hope you get chance to chill and enjoy your gin :beer: