🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Oh my GOD SA!

I thought you had gone forever! !!!!!! this missing diaries lark.

so glad to have found you. And so happy to read about you going for the promotion. Excellent

XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck with the promotion - I know you said Mr SA used to be like that before his illness but is it worse no he no longer works and he resents you working.... Think I'd be all the more determined to go for it too.

You must miss your old pre-illness life, not having 'adult, meaningful' discussion must be tough. My friend has had her partner recently diognosed with dementia and it's what she misses most. We were chatting about it last week, i thought of you....
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sayschezza
    Options
    It!!!8217;s not easy having sole responsibility of everything is it.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you had a good MOnday.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you've had a good day SA.

It's a shame about your bumpy walls but new plaster always looks lovely. Which room are you working on now?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »

Can't believe Mr SA is still going on about it. It's the last time I tell him anything. I can't seem to get through to him I'll be working in exactly the same place just getting more money. It's just made me more determined to put in an application.

I know it!!!8217;s not what you should do between partners but I think in this case a white lie is in order. If he goes on about the promotion again just tell him you!!!8217;re not bothering after all. If you do get the promotion it!!!8217;s not going to change the mechanics of your working day that much by what you have said so your day will still sound the same when you chat to him about it. Of course the money will go up - you can perhaps pay this straight into your pension at work or I!!!8217;m sure you will know exactly what to do with it. Perhaps it!!!8217;s best he doesn!!!8217;t know - he will just fixate on it and want to buy weird things......:D

Re the stripping the walls - anaglypta was created in the seventh circle of Hell.......
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Re the stripping the walls - anaglypta was created in the seventh circle of Hell.......

So true. That's why it is resistant to fire.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's Monday done - again!

I've not got any further with the job application, just too busy at work today, deadline is next week so need to get cracking. No doubt there'll be loads of competition but I can't let it put me off.

Small spend of £6.29 in Lidl on fresh stuff. AFD 1 of February. Went to the gym at lunchtime even though I didn't feel like it.

Mr SA rang the plasterer and he can fit us in next week. Cost will be £330. Luckily Mr SA's money and DD's board comes in next week so will be do-able with a bit of budget shuffling.

Hope everyone has had a good day.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Plastering will be well worth it...:eek::eek::eek: but the mess when we the hall and landing done last year.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick update before I fall asleep!

Am exhausted today. Work has been super manic, last minute panics/hitches with huge event I'm involved in organising taking place tomorrow, total nightmare. Plus tight deadlines with normal work. Will be glad when this week is over.

Went to the gym again at lunchtime, felt good to run off the work stress.

Mr SA has broke his phone charger and has somehow blamed it on me, trying to say I hoovered it up!!! Looking at it, I'd say he trod on it. Luckily have got a replacement from eBay for less than £3 as he was making noises about a new phone!

We had some snow this morning but appeared to only be on our road, turned the corner on to the main road and there was no sign of it!

I'm afraid I've broken my AFD tonight by having a glass of wine, much needed to switch off tonight!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure