Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    Good luck with it SA, know what you mean about the competencies. Doing some shortlisting for a council as part of a project recently was a real eye opener for me, I'd have never got shortlisted.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Maybe Pauline is right and he's frightened of any change, but it's still very annoying :mad:!

The golf umbrella, charity band and San Miguel made me laugh though :rotfl:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Cant believe the news about your diary...must try and back mine up as its been a record of lots of good and sometimes less good times.

Have subscribed and have a great weekend (and hope you get the promotion, know what you mean re the application form process but surely you'll stand a good chance)

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Oh SA.. :( I'm sorry that Mr SA can't be supportive of you. Good luck with the application, I know what you mean about Civil Service processes, I've fallen foul of them myself in the past. Hope the weigh in goes/went well. Must try harder for me!
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done on going for the promotion SA - all the very best with it and I hope whoever is on the selection committee or whatever the process is within the Civil Service, looks at YOU and your work record rather than how well someone can write a report.

Re Mr SA - I think you know you’re never going to change him and your idea of not telling him anything is a good one. A shame but true. From what you’ve written in the past he’s obviously frightened that you’re going to get promoted, move in higher ‘circles’ and then run off with someone richer and more glamorous than him! Daft I know but true as my last ex was exactly the same. Hated me going out with work colleagues (actually hated me going out without him period!), and was always going on about me going off someone wealthy I’d meet in work! The fact that I’d been working in this business for years before I met him seemed to have got lost to him on the way! The crunch came when I had been studying for some professional exams and he deliberately picked a fight with me on the morning of the exam so I’d presumably fail! Things rapidly deteriorated after that. We had another big fight a few weeks later when I reminded him that morning I’d be going to a works farewell drinks party and he went off on one yelling I’d not told him about it. I got out of the car, slammed the door so hard it nearly came off and went round to my mums and asked if I could stay there until I could find another place. He was a good man really - thoughtful mostly and a good dad to his children but I couldn’t live with his issues.

I’m sorry to have hijacked your diary SA with my ramblings but the promotion thing and Mr SA really resonated with me. YOU GO FOR IT!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope WW went well this morning SA.

I did have to laugh at your comment about hitting him with the umbrella :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,466 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope that you have had a good day.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,406 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Unfortunately they don't look at your work record SSG. It's the competency writing that gets you through the sift that leads to the interview. The last one I applied for I didn't get through the sift.

Gosh your ex sounds very similar to Mr SA. He was like it before his illness, it's not a new thing. He mentioned it a couple of times today saying he wasn't happy about it. I just said tough I'm doing it, deal with it, end of.

Lost half a pound at WW - bit disappointing after all the effort I put in, but better than gaining or staying the same, I'll be good again and see what happens. Now 2.5lbs off goal.

Should finish stripping the dining room tomorrow, the paper is taking some getting off, it's thick anaglypta with many layers of paint. Mr SA disappeared and left me to it while he had a nap.

Got soaked twice today taking the dog out, I had to put her straight in the bath after this morning's run on the park.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Re writing the competency paper - could you have a look online for some pointers? There might be some sites that could help you with it for a small fee?

Yes my ex and Mr SA do sound rather alike. The thing that mine never seemed to grasp was that if I’d have wanted a bloke with tons of money than I wouldn’t have gone for him in the first place! He wasn’t at all loaded. I liked him because he was thoughtful and nice - oh and was a bit of a hunk! (I met him down the gym!:D)

Good news on the half pound! Better than putting half a pound on!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I have no words on Mr SA but I'd be tempted to put the golf umbrella somewhere other than over his head ;) x

My thoughts exactly! Mr Lucky has hacked me off today too, so when you’ve retrieved said golf umbrella, can I borrow it please?! :mad:.

Best of luck with the promotion. Is it along the lines of DWP benefit forms whereby you have to use the same phrases they use in the questions?
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport