We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Leeds Building Society Regular Saver (Issue 4)

1…1819212324…30

Comments

  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,319 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    aj23 wrote: »
    Well I wasn't gunna discuss but I do have plans for it. Lifetime ISA contribution partly. I'm happy leaving it there and withdrawing as and when I need to in the next couple of months. It won't earn anything anywhere else .

    It would if it was my money :)
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    schiff wrote: »
    It would if it was my money :)

    My other accounts are already maxed. I'm not gunna open another account for like 2 months. Each to their own.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,319 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    aj23 wrote: »
    My other accounts are already maxed. I'm not gunna open another account for like 2 months. Each to their own.

    That's a lot of accounts but I take your point, I wouldn't either.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Finally got my letter today. The link in the letter takes you to a page with a link to https://www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/savings/maturity/forms/reg-saver/. This is not unique.
  • Received my letter Friday.


    The link cannot be unique, and if it were, veryintrigued/Yorkshire boy probably gave away too much: If the final 3 digits of the URL add to 23, then there are only 15 unique combinations. I decided to test all of them, and there is only one that works, which is in my letter too!


    I have requested bank transfer of the full balance and will be sending it on to my Cash ISA asap.


    I was tempted by the 1.75% 1 year fixed bond, but the amount of money I am earning in interest across my non-ISA savings is now getting quite high and risks going above £1000 next year, so need to try to minimise the amount in accounts with the lower interest rates (I have a historic 2.8% regular saver which uses up a lot of the personal allowance)
  • Received my letter Friday.


    The link cannot be unique, and if it were, veryintrigued/Yorkshire boy probably gave away too much: If the final 3 digits of the URL add to 23, then there are only 15 unique combinations. I decided to test all of them, and there is only one that works, which is in my letter too!


    I have requested bank transfer of the full balance and will be sending it on to my Cash ISA asap.


    I was tempted by the 1.75% 1 year fixed bond, but the amount of money I am earning in interest across my non-ISA savings is now getting quite high and risks going above £1000 next year, so need to try to minimise the amount in accounts with the lower interest rates (I have a historic 2.8% regular saver which uses up a lot of the personal allowance)

    What if the three are made up of positive and negative integers?!

    (They aren't btw)

    ;)
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Is interest actually paid tomorrow, or will it show up on Friday? My online servicing isn't working, so I want to know the final balance in order to make a postal withdrawal.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,319 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    aj23 wrote: »
    Is interest actually paid tomorrow, or will it show up on Friday? My online servicing isn't working, so I want to know the final balance in order to make a postal withdrawal.

    In your letter you could specify the full balance including interest?
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    schiff wrote: »
    In your letter you could specify the full balance including interest?

    I'm not closing, I said withdrawal.
  • aj23 wrote: »
    Is interest actually paid tomorrow, or will it show up on Friday? My online servicing isn't working, so I want to know the final balance in order to make a postal withdrawal.

    Just looked, nothing on mine, looks like it might be Friday, but I'm going to keep checking over the rest of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.