PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Still posting in January, but count me in please with a budget of £50 for the month (starting 1st Feb).

I’m going to be doing my £50 February challenge again - do you think I should do a separate thread for that??

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a big expense in February so please could you put me down for £240 saving me £160 over the month from my usual spend .My cupboards ,fridges and freezer are all full so should be perfectly doable.Thank you.
  • xironsongx
    Options
    I'm aiming for £250 for the month. I don't get paid until the 6th though
    :heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used a £5 off £30 voucher at M&S today and bought enough sausages/breaded chicken/posh dogs/marinated chicken (all GF) for 26 meals, a bottle of wine, a GF desert, 2 GF scones, 2 scotch eggs and a side dish.

Total spent was £38, £25 from the bulk buy fund and £13 for the dine in for 2 (for DH birthday) and snacks from this weeks budget.

Also spent £5 on 3 beers for DH and £32 on DS school meals for February.

£143.80/£344

This leaves me £67/week until the end of the month but I am stocked up on meat, dog food, laundry capsules and lots of other things so should be able to keep within budget each week :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Yay to to the February challenge:j .. Thanks muchly to Coxy, zippy and lynnejk for all their hard work :A
    I'm still finishing off Jan & hoping to come in way under what I budgeted for, due to this I have decided to shred off a little for this month to keep me thinking & watching what I spend.:A
    Please put me down for £300 this month.. thanks :D
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    First lot of spends for this month £29.40 - this is split between Aldi, morries & an indian supermarket.
    Bought wonky veg, milk, dried fruit etc Shouldn't need anything else for the week unless something runs out.
    SILx
  • SilverBird_2
    Options
    February's GC budget will be £180.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/RatatouilleGC 2022: £0/£2,500 total spend
  • supersaver1000
    Options
    Can I join the challenge please. I'm going to aim for £400 this month. Thank you :D
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

In for £250 again this month. Going to be more of a challenge as my freezer stocks have been depleted a bt in January, partly because I want to clean them out and partly to help with the budget.

Off to do my first shop of the month today as my month runs 27 Jan to 26 Feb.
  • Highland_Fling
    Options
    My challenge starts on the 1st of the month although that is not my pay day. I just find it easier to work within a calendar month.
    I am still trying to find out what my actual grocery budget is. Stated £200 last month and came under but that could have been a fluke due to Christmas left overs etc. I have slightly reduced my budget this month to £180. So eventually I hope to find what I am really spending.
    I have decided to use "real money" this month and put it in a different purse. Think I may be able to keep better track of my spending then rather than using "virtual money".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure