Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Praise for Santander. RS matured, I went on line, opened a new one, set up standing order and funded first month in less than 5 minutes :j. Still 5% for World accounts :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    Hi SS2

In the Matures after 12 Months, Requires Another Account section, first entry, for First Direct, on their appropriate web page, they say the gross interest is £97.50...... not £117. Are you factoring in something I missed? I made a note that my RS that matured last year grossed £97.31 ...... close enough within a day or so worth of interest!

Sorry if you've covered this before but searching came up with nothing in the many posts ... but that could just be me :)
    £117 was the return when it paid 6% AER.

Thanks, I have deleted that line now from that account's entry.

SS2
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Options
    Thanks SS2 for updating and maintaining the thread.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Please can anyone confirm whether or not that the Principality member regular saver bond 4% has gone :mad:

I cant see it mentioned on the website but I also cant find a closed accounts page. I was actually talking to a member of staff about 3 weeks ago and I mentioned it as it will be have been a member in 2 years time - another excellent account gone.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Please can anyone confirm whether or not that the Principality member regular saver bond 4% has gone :mad:

I cant see it mentioned on the website but I also cant find a closed accounts page. I was actually talking to a member of staff about 3 weeks ago and I mentioned it as it will be have been a member in 2 years time - another excellent account gone.

Agree its gone from their site but..

Google 'Principality members regular saver 4%' and then print out the PDF and send it?
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Just made my 12th £500 monthly payment into this account.

Does anyone know if it allows a 13th payment?

Thanks.
    Speculator wrote: »
    Just had a reply to my email enquiry.

Good Morning,

The account was designed to take 12 payments, however if you send a payment before it matures on the anniversary of opening as I understand it, the account will accept it.

Hope this helps but if you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

I made a manual payment of £500 on 1st April into my Chorley BS Reg Saver (my 13th payment).

I have logged into my Chorley BS online banking this morning and can see the balance of my reg saver is £6.5k and still earning 2.75% - so all is good.

I'm just looking after the pennies so that the pounds can look after themselves.

:D
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    I made a manual payment of £500 on 1st April into my Chorley BS Reg Saver (my 13th payment).

I have logged into my Chorley BS online banking this morning and can see the balance of my reg saver is £6.5k and still earning 2.75% - so all is good.

I'm just looking after the pennies so that the pounds can look after themselves.

:D

I'm in the same position. Worth 36p to me compared with where the £500 now is. Can I be bothered?
  • mhoc
    edited 5 April 2018 at 11:37AM
    Options
    Agree its gone from their site but..

Google 'Principality members regular saver 4%' and then print out the PDF and send it?

From a reply to a message regarding 'Principality members regular saver 4%

"Thank you for your enquiry.
    We withdrew this product from sale on Friday 16th March. All of our products are available for a limited time and can be withdrawn from sale at any point. We have no indication at this moment in time as to whether we will be putting a similar account put back on sale in future"
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This may have been reported before but there is no new regular saver with Chorley BS. There is a new bond paying 1.6% which it was pointed out to me pays similar interest on the £6K maturity money for 12 months than a new RS at 2.5%. I've not checked the maths.

Maturity proceeds are only by cheque, a FP costs an eye-watering £25. A letter is coming in a short while about the maturity.

So that's £500 at 2.5% and £500 at 3% (Kent Reliance till I'm next in Kent) off the list. Sad times.
  • mhoc
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    This may have been reported before but there is no new regular saver with Chorley BS. There is a new bond paying 1.6% which it was pointed out to me pays similar interest on the £6K maturity money for 12 months than a new RS at 2.5%. I've not checked the maths.

Maturity proceeds are only by cheque, a FP costs an eye-watering £25. A letter is coming in a short while about the maturity.

So that's £500 at 2.5% and £500 at 3% (Kent Reliance till I'm next in Kent) off the list. Sad times.

Agree its like trying to hold onto slippery fish - new Virgin 10 this month and also my Marks regular saver 5% is due to mature and renew but nothing to replace other accounts maturing later this year - Chorley 2.25% or the Principality loyalty saver bond 4%, the newer |Holmesdale regular savers have under two% interest so not worth renewing when my reg saver 3 matures and I've got 2 longer term ISA maturing this month so 2 new starts and 5 accounts not being replaced on maturity ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure