Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• millaura
    Options
    Hi, when I click on the links in the original post it says they are invalid threads?
  • skitskut
    skitskut Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    millaura wrote: »
    Hi, when I click on the links in the original post it says they are invalid threads?
    Yeah it's because this thread was restarted. Not sure if the links can be edited?
    If you go to page 1 of this thread the different sections can be found there when scrolling down.
  • millaura
    Options
    Thanks for that, skitskut.

The bit about Swansea regular saver says you need another account for the interest to be paid to. This must have changed as I only have a regular saver with them and the interest gets added to the regular saver. It converts to another savings account at the end of the year but you don't need another account to apply for the regular saver.
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    I just renewed my Santander Regular Saver account - lovely and easy - and while looking at the blurb I saw that they have a new auto-renewal facility, which will start in a couple of months' time:

"From 1st June 2018:
    If you have paid into your Regular eSaver by standing order from your Santander current account (including one in joint names) that is in place at maturity:
    •we'll automatically renew your Regular eSaver for another 12 months at the interest rate and on the Terms and Conditions applicable at that time; and
    •transfer the final balance at the end of the term (including interest earned) to your Santander current account from which the standing order was paid, including if your current account is in joint names.
    "

This might be something that everyone except me already knew, but I thought I'd post it just in case. :)
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Snakey wrote: »
    I just renewed my Santander Regular Saver account - lovely and easy - and while looking at the blurb I saw that they have a new auto-renewal facility, which will start in a couple of months' time:

"From 1st June 2018:
    If you have paid into your Regular eSaver by standing order from your Santander current account (including one in joint names) that is in place at maturity:
    •we'll automatically renew your Regular eSaver for another 12 months at the interest rate and on the Terms and Conditions applicable at that time; and
    •transfer the final balance at the end of the term (including interest earned) to your Santander current account from which the standing order was paid, including if your current account is in joint names.
    "

This might be something that everyone except me already knew, but I thought I'd post it just in case. :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74046151&postcount=358
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I have made the following changes for this weekend's update.

- Removed incorrect links in post 1 to the old thread (thanks to forum users above for pointing this out)
    - Principality BS Member Only Regular Saver Bond withdrawn and deleted from post 4
    - Checked the other Principality BS regular savings products on page 1 of this thread; the other two products are still available

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Snakey wrote: »

"From 1st June 2018:
    !!!8226;we'll automatically renew your Regular eSaver for another 12 months at the interest rate and on the Terms and Conditions applicable at that time; and
    !!!8226;transfer the final balance at the end of the term (including interest earned) to your Santander current account from which the standing order was paid, including if your current account is in joint names.
    "

They should have done that since long time ago. They know that it is only stupid people will not close and open a new one if they know they wil get a favaurable interest rate again

Waste of time / resources for the both person and the bank itself.

I Also found that Lloyds has this new feture. I was tryingto renw my Monthly saver to get a new 3% but it does not allow me to do that. I clud only renew is to LLoyds saver (?) paying a tiny interest rate. Not the RSA paying 3%.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    My Club Lloyds Regular saver is maturing and the interest has been paid. Also, the interest has dropped to 0.2%. But it is still indicated as Club Lloyds Regular Saver.

As far as I remember last year, I needed to close the account and open a new one after the account has changed to Easy saver (?).
    Does anyone have any recent experience how soon people could open a new regular saver after the old one is maturing?
    Is there any option to renew the old RSA saver to start getting a favourable interest rate of 3% again?

Thanks

Once your old Club Lloyds RS is showing as an Easy Saver in online banking, you can open a new Club Lloyds RS. Mine was delayed by a day due to the weekend,
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    My Club Lloyds Regular saver is maturing and the interest has been paid. Also, the interest has dropped to 0.2%. But it is still indicated as Club Lloyds Regular Saver.

As far as I remember last year, I needed to close the account and open a new one after the account has changed to Easy saver (?).
    Does anyone have any recent experience how soon people could open a new regular saver after the old one is maturing?
    Is there any option to renew the old RSA saver to start getting a favourable interest rate of 3% again?

Thanks
    Yes, just did it. It matured on Friday. Set up the new one straightaway and the Standing Order came out on Monday. 3% Just apply online and it's done in less than 5 minutes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure