Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted** - Page 267

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

edited 16 November 2019 at 7:25AM in Savings & Investments
3.5K replies 626.6K views

Replies

• MeeMee Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    schiff wrote: »
    We are a bit at a crossroads with Virgin. We don't know if we are ever going to get an offer for an online RS (the last one matures in a matter of days). And if, and it could be a big if, the recent pattern of store based RS's is followed, the next one could be announced about October 1st.

PS: I'm assuming you have the current store based RS Issue 18?
    As per my previous post - manager expects it to go back online and perhaps exclusively so...
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    vermania wrote: »
    The website says for both regular savers "Please note this account can only be opened in person at one of our branch or agency offices". I just got my Monmouthshire BS maturity letter today and renewing the regular saver by post wasn't an option, so presumably they would rather limit the new RS accounts to those customers, new or existing, who will travel to a branch.

I will not renew as a 200 mile round trip is not worth it for 2.5%. Shame really, there do seem to be fewer RSs with good rates available of late.

Not quite the same thing as available only to locals. I can travel 200 miles to my nearest branch as I've got the time and it doesn't cost me anything....
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mee wrote: »
    As per my previous post - manager expects it to go back online and perhaps exclusively so...
    When I went in branch last week to open up the most recent version, they told me they hadn't heard anything....
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • solartomsolartom Forumite
    37 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts
    RE: VIRGIN RS
    when i opened my latest store rs it was mentioned that yorkshire bs does not(like) favour passbooks
    what that means in the long term i do not know but it could indicate that below post is on the(pardon the pun) money

Originally posted by Mee"
    :coffee::coffee:
  • Eco_MiserEco_Miser Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    solartom wrote: »
    RE: VIRGIN RS
    when i opened my latest store rs it was mentioned that yorkshire bs does not(like) favour passbooks
    what that means in the long term i do not know but it could indicate that below post is on the(pardon the pun) money
    Since the Yorkshire Building Society has nothing to do with Virgin, I don't get the relevance.
    The attitude of Clydesdale Bank, which also trades as Yorkshire Bank, and soon as Virgin Money, may be relevant.
    However as the former shareholders of Virgin are now shareholders of Clydesdale, corporate attitudes may have changed.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century

• solartomsolartom Forumite
    37 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts
    thank you
    did not realise the difference
    you learn something every day
    :coffee::coffee:
  • veryintriguedveryintrigued Forumite
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies about talking about an old account but wonder if those who opened this account can remember big it was ever clarified what the withdrawal rules were.

I have it documented that the pdf given with the account says no withdrawals but the internet info for this stated two withdrawals per calendar year.

Thanks in advance
  • Newly_retiredNewly_retired Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My product information sheet says no withdrawals allowed.
  • schiffschiff Forumite
    19.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The official fact-sheet says: 'You cannot make withdrawals until after the maturity date. As we don't allow withdrawals you need to be sure you won't need access etc etc. You can miss as many payments as you like'.
  • 20SmthngSver20SmthngSver Forumite
    507 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Apologies about talking about an old account but wonder if those who opened this account can remember big it was ever clarified what the withdrawal rules were.

I have it documented that the pdf given with the account says no withdrawals but the internet info for this stated two withdrawals per calendar year.

Thanks in advance

I've just bought a house and I wanted to get the money out. You don't have to make a deposit each money, so it's £0-£200 a month and you can make as many deposits as you like provided it doesn't go over £200 collectively for the month, but withdrawals, whether partial or full and closure, are not permitted at all during the term. It has no access. So I have to leave it until 1st December and you will too.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support