Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    I queried this by secure message with them yesterday:

"My account matures on Aug20th and I wish to withdraw the funds to my external bank account. The Maturity Options form says I need to provide documentation to prove its my account, but do I really need to send this as you've already verified the external bank account last September?"

and received the following response today:

"Thank you for your message and would confirm that we will not require any evidence from you for your bank account as long as the bank account that the funds are to be credited to are the same as your nominated bank account on My Accounts."

There is also the option to have it paid as a personal cheque on my form I received today.
  • arsenalboy
    arsenalboy Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    I queried this by secure message with them yesterday:

"My account matures on Aug20th and I wish to withdraw the funds to my external bank account. The Maturity Options form says I need to provide documentation to prove its my account, but do I really need to send this as you've already verified the external bank account last September?"

and received the following response today:

"Thank you for your message and would confirm that we will not require any evidence from you for your bank account as long as the bank account that the funds are to be credited to are the same as your nominated bank account on My Accounts."

My Monmouthshire account matures in 2 weeks. I have had the maturity letter that requests passbook and copy bank statement etc.
    However, I have online access and a verified nominated external bank account.
    My plan is to return nothing and to log in and transfer funds out on the day.
    But I have a big concern which is what if on maturity it converts to another account, which it will do, and my nominated account is not/will not link?
    Then have lost a few days by not returning paperwork?
  • veryintrigued
    edited 9 August 2019 at 8:57AM
    Options
    Does the first page need to be updated with the Monmouthshire issue 3 offering?

Currently showing that it's issue 2.

On a similar matter have any existing customers been successful in opening this account without a branch visit?
  • JamesRobinson48
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    My Monmouthshire account matures in 2 weeks. I have had the maturity letter that requests passbook and copy bank statement etc.
    However, I have online access and a verified nominated external bank account.
    My plan is to return nothing and to log in and transfer funds out on the day.
    But I have a big concern which is what if on maturity it converts to another account, which it will do, and my nominated account is not/will not link?
    Then have lost a few days by not returning paperwork?

Your nominated bank account on the 'MyAccounts' system is equally applicable to all of your Monmouthshire accounts visible on that system. However, in the event that the BS transfers your RSA balance to a BS account with a different number, you might need them to ask them to add that new account number to 'MyAccounts'. I imagine it's more likely that your BS account number will remain unchanged by the product maturity, but I'm unsure.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Yes, I have. Monmouthshire BS has two agencies in the Bristol suburbs, minutes from the motorway, so I popped in to one of them recently as I happened to be passing. No appointment needed, but I phone ahead to confirm they'd be open.

Typo on my behalf - have edited the OP
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks to the recent discussions on here I checked my situation to find that I didn't have a nominated account registered. So I registered today and expect the forms to sign within the next 3 working days. I would resist any attempts on their part to submit a pass sheet as I think that would be well OTT; nobody sees the detail of the account which is my main account!

But fortunately, to avoid any wrangling, I find that I can submit a paying-in slip as the alternative:

"Please note we will also require evidence in the form of an original or certified copy bank statement or paying-in slip."

I had to obtain a cheque book to send the cheque to Chorley BS recently so that has turned out to be opportune :)
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I would resist any attempts on their part to submit a pass sheet
    Excuse my ignorance - what is a pass sheet?
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Here is this weekend's update...

- Loughborough BS Monthly Saver (Issue 4) account paying 2% on up to £250 per month (no time limit but £12,000 total account balance limit) added to post 2 (many thanks to people who pointed out this account lasts more than 12 months, which I had not realised)

- Monmouthshire BS Regular Saver Bond updated from issue 2 to issue 3 (same details as before otherwise)

- Fixed a few broken web links

I will do the next update next weekend.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • youngretired
    Options
    I've not held one of these since 2016 when it was a good rate, but with banks reducing interest rates I'm thinking it's worth doing now.

I know that it is a calender month, but unlike BOS, HFX or Lloyds it doesn't give the option of funding immediately so I have set the SO up for tomorrow. My question is does anyone know for definite that it is OK for me to change the SO after tomorrow to 1st monthly?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure