Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• ashteadgirl
    ashteadgirl Posts: 275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spoke to CBS on Friday.
    You can send maturity instructions and application for new members reg sav issue 2 to start 1st july with postdated cheque dated 1st July to fund new saver. Start date of 1st July is CORRECT, confirmed that max funding per month £250 and letter stated WRONG maturing value (shame!!)
    Unable to fund new account from maturing account.
    Hope this helps.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I cannot see anything that has changed this week.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Options
    Just completed my maturity form. More detailed and a bit intrusive compared with most! As I've told them that I'm single and not related to any other Chorley customer, I expect I'll receive introductions to carefully chosen dating sites to cater for my future.

So if I don't post as often as usual it will be because I'm off meeting some lonely widows in the Chorley region! :cool:
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Just completed my maturity form. More detailed and a bit intrusive compared with most! As I've told them that I'm single and not related to any other Chorley customer, I expect I'll receive introductions to carefully chosen dating sites to cater for my future.

So if I don't post as often as usual it will be because I'm off meeting some lonely widows in the Chorley region! :cool:

I found that question on being related to another customer so odd when I last dealt with Chorley. I know my husband doesn't have an account but I wasn't about to go all round my parents, brother, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc asking them if they have one! I said no, but what a weird thing to ask or expect customers to know.

Best of luck with the Chorley dating scene :rotfl:
  • Andystriker
    Andystriker Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    schiff wrote: »

I don't know what my annual income, other income and where other income is from has got to do with them?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know what my annual income, other income and where other income is from has got to do with them?

I was tempted to put 'enough' but eventually left it blank.

I suppose it's the money laundering thing gone a bit over the top.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Then - when you've finally clambered all the way through that, if you are like me - someone who has advanced the monthly payment date of the previous RS to the first day of the month in order to earn more interest - the Halifax will accept the SO instruction for, in my case, today but when you next log in you'll see that the SO payment for the first of the new year's RS has been paid over - then bounced back as you've already made a May payment - in the last RS year.

Grrrrr.

Sorry for being a bit thick, but I don't quite follow this. Does it mean that, if you defer the deposit in the maturity month until after the maturity date, and then make the next month's payment at the beginning of the following month, that payment is bounced back?

So you make (say) May's deposit during May but after the maturity date, then June's deposit at the beginning of June, June's deposit is bounced?
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    Sorry for being a bit thick, but I don't quite follow this. Does it mean that, if you defer the deposit in the maturity month until after the maturity date, and then make the next month's payment at the beginning of the following month, that payment is bounced back?

So you make (say) May's deposit during May but after the maturity date, then June's deposit at the beginning of June, June's deposit is bounced?
    Nope. This means that 13th payment is allowed (just a few days before the maturity date, say), but then you won't be able to fund renewed saver account immediately after opening and will have to wait till the next month.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    Options
    Emily_Joy wrote: »
    Nope. This means that 13th payment is allowed (just a few days before the maturity date, say), but then you won't be able to fund renewed saver account immediately after opening and will have to wait till the next month.
    Got it - thank you.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 May 2019 at 9:21AM
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »

Most regular savers require payments each calendar month, e.g. Halifax / Bank of Scotland / Lloyds. As most RSs span 13 months you can make 13 deposits, and, more to the point, earn extra interest thereby. I say that as the HSBC group allow you to pay in 13 tiimes but they don't pay extra interest.

When you do this, you arrange the funding SO immediately you open the RS, setting it to pay the first payment asap. As soon as this payment is made you edit the SO to pay on the next 1st of a month for at least 12 more payments.

What I was pointing our in my post is that this falls over when you use Halifax's new RS roll-over, "Nominate" procedure - so if you want to use this trick, don't use "Nominate",

While you quoted me, you are actually querying ctdctd's problem of the second payment failing. I've never met that issue - yet. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure