Options

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    david78 wrote: »
    Assuming there is an issue 17 of the "Regular Saver", it
    should be available to open in branch from 1st of June.

I've booked an appointment for June 3rd just today! Optimistic as always. I'll be cashing in my Number 10 then anyway.
  • schiff
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    In my branch if I make an appointment over the phone they also ask the purpose of appointment. But they do not check what you already have with them.

But how to answer the question if they asked people which issue you wanted to apply ??

I just told them that I was gambling on the next issue coming out about then. I will be collecting a matured account anyway. I'm so well known there I can ask for anything :)
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm so well known there I can ask for anything

A quick million pound loan at 0% interest, repayable at your discretion....?:D
  • schiff
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    A quick million pound loan at 0% interest, repayable at your discretion....?:D

I'm trying to cultivate a relationship with Branson by opening every regular saver he offers me. Once he acknowledges that, I may try my luck :)
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I'm trying to cultivate a relationship with Branson by opening every regular saver he offers me. Once he acknowledges that, I may try my luck :)
    I really don’t think he cares less anymore if you never darken the door of the [STRIKE]branches[/STRIKE] stores ever again after virgin sold their stake in VM.

As long as he keeps getting his licence fee in the Bank of Necker Island

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44517752
  • Every_Penny_Counts
    Options
    How many "issues" of the Virgin Regular Saver can one have?

For example, if I were to take out the current version that is available today, can I open an issue 17 if it comes out in June, or would I have to wait until the current one is finishes?

Thanks
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How many "issues" of the Virgin Regular Saver can one have?

For example, if I were to take out the current version that is available today, can I open an issue 17 if it comes out in June, or would I have to wait until the current one is finishes?

Thanks

Yes. You could have one on each single issue
    That is what some people on this thread are doing. One of the best RSA in the market.
  • Every_Penny_Counts
    Options
    Excellent! Thank you. I have 5 RSA with various other organisations, I may as well add Virgin to the portfolio :beer:
  • Saver53
    Saver53 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This bond was now been launched and I successfully opened an account in branch today. It is not listed on the Monmouthshire Building Society website and is available only to existing customers in "selected branches" (including Chepstow), not online or by post, The rate is 4.00%, maximum monthly deposit £150, term one year, no in-term withdrawals.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I note the entry above but as there is nothing on their website and it is probably not going to be around long, I am not going to add it to the list on page 1 but thanks a lot for posting it.

I cannot see anything else that has changed this week.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure