PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I still feel very full up from my lunch.

I'm going to make asparagus soup for dinner with added other veggies.:cool:
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    :D I still fancy a banana fritter from the Chinese place in Brixton back in the 1980s.

It's annoying as I couldn't even eat one as they aren't vegan as they have eggs in, I think.:(

Also I don't have a time machine!:rotfl:
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The receptionist at the GP said yesterday that I have a folic acid deficiency. I'm not sure if that means I have pernicious anaemia or not, I have to ask my GP when I see him this week.

If you are in the mood for a little reading ....

There is a article on vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency anaemia on the NHS website, which is aimed at patients. Each page links to other sections on 'Symptoms', 'Causes', 'Diagnosis', 'Treatment'. The article is three years old.

Pages on the Pernicious Anaemia Society website explain what pernicious anaemia is and also who is most at risk (inc. those with hypothyroidism).

HTH! :o
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    If you are in the mood for a little reading ....

There is a article on vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency anaemia on the NHS website, which is aimed at patients. Each page links to other sections on 'Symptoms', 'Causes', 'Diagnosis', 'Treatment'. The article is three years old.

Pages on the Pernicious Anaemia Society website explain what pernicious anaemia is and also who is most at risk (inc. those with hypothyroidism).

HTH! :o

Yes, I have read that recently. I think is was lucky that I am vegan as that is the reason it has been picked up as I have always got them to test for B12 in blood tests just as a precaution. I have always been very careful to supplement since I went vegan in 2006 and my B12 levels have always been normal.

Sorry, I will stop whining on about my health problems on here. It's just that they keep giving me bad news, lol.

Let Cooking for One resume.;)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wednesday2000, Caronc and PasturesNew are the guilty parties. The evidence clearly shows them discussing fritters and Chinese takeaways about five weeks ago. :mad:
    Guilty as charged m'lud:o:rotfl:

Good evening everyone,

Kids have arrived and departed to the pub:rotfl::rotfl:. A whole crowd of my son's pals are back home this week for a mate's wedding this weekend so they are all getting together for an impromptu catch up tonight. I suspect a few drinks may well feature and no doubt a kebab on the way home....:cool: They were at wedding last weekend and another this one - they've hit that age! Saturday's was in a Youth Hostel which they hired out and cost everyone £30 for B&B the coming one is in a castle. Talk about extremes and they think they'll enjoy the low key one more of the two - handy to know for when they decide to tie the knot.:rotfl::rotfl:

Consequently I'm CFO this evening, after ending up with a "ping" lasagne last night I feel I ought to make myself something healthier tonight. The fridge is full of veg so I reckon stuffed pasta from the freezer with a quick veg sauce will do. Sourdough loaf seems to have turned out well despite me managing to catch the edge upending the scalding pot over for baking, suffice to say one bit as a very crispy edge:o:).
    Son has said he'll be my "slave" for the day either tomorrow or Thursday, I'll wait and see if he's hungover tomorrow before deciding which day:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 May 2019 at 8:36PM
    Options
    Playing catch up once again ....

Saturday: Pineapple fritters and banana fritters with YS ricotta cheese and a few walnuts. No more food just alcohol. :o

Late afternoon the brothel downstairs was set on fire. Again. :eek: The road was closed by the police, several floors were evacuated by the fire brigade. The communal fire alarms did not start screaming for ages.

Thankfully the flat directly above the fire was unoccupied. My floor ended up smelling of smoke even though I shut my windows and the communal corridor windows.

My poor arthritic cat ended up in pain (I wrestled her into her carrier) and terrified (panting) due to all the noise and commotion. :( I did contact the out-of-hours vet, catfans.

Sunday: A little hungover. :o

Ate an entire YS 'Deluxe' Gruyere Cheddar and bacon quiche from the freezer, plus a token salad (pickled onions/ baby plum tomatoes/ last mini pepper).

Monday: Very bloated from eating rubbish. :o

Had YS 'Taste the Difference' Cumberland sausages and hard-boiled eggs with tomato and vegetable sauce (jar sauce/ leeks/ basil/ garlic).

Today: Finally made it to Lidl with the £5 voucher! Bought another 'Deluxe' quiche (YS), two packs 'Deluxe' sausages (weekly offer), Spanish extra virgin olive oil (<£ shelf), fresh fruit and veg, various proteins. My Lidl does not stock any organic dairy products.

Ate cold Cumberland sausages with rhubarb and grapefruit sauce. I used minimal sweetener so the sauce was very tart, Caronc.

Food waste: A yellow apple.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Options
    Late afternoon the brothel downstairs was set on fire. Again. :eek: The road was closed by the police, several floors were evacuated by the fire brigade. The communal fire alarms did not start screaming for ages.

Thankfully the flat directly above the fire was unoccupied. My floor ended up smelling of smoke even though I shut my windows and the communal corridor windows.

My poor arthritic cat ended up in pain (I wrestled her into her carrier) and terrified (panting) due to all the noise and commotion. :( I did contact the out-of-hours vet, catfans.

:eek::eek: glad you're both ok :) I live a dull life :rotfl: I will admit when I woke smelling smoke Saturday night I did think where's the cat and where's the key to the shed where the cat basket is :cool:

Wednesday one of my sister's has B12 injections (quarterly I think) I know before she was diagnosed her iron levels were really low and she used to fall asleep a lot but her diet is really carp :cool: She was told it wasn't pernicious anaemia

I'm just back from watching a Swan Lake screening, it was from Sadlers Wells theatre so the swans were male dancers, I really enjoyed it although my knees didn't appreciate over two hours sitting with no room to move, I'm only short so I'm not sure how a tall person sits comfortably in the theatres seats :cool: they obviously don't have my knees :o

Foods been easy today, HM chicken noodle soup and dinner LO pork fillet, vegetables and rice from Sunday so both were just ping and go :)
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I had a green smoothie for breakfast, spinach with fresh fruit.

I think I will have toast and Marmite for my second breakfast.;)

:eek::eek::eek:
    Brambling wrote: »
    Wednesday one of my sister's has B12 injections (quarterly I think) I know before she was diagnosed her iron levels were really low and she used to fall asleep a lot but her diet is really carp :cool: She was told it wasn't pernicious anaemia

I think it's just annoying me that they have told me I tested positive for one of the cells that goes with PA and now they are telling me I'm folic acid deficient but they aren't telling me if I definitely have it or not.:mad::D
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    .'morning folks, sun's out so may potter later, more toms to plant, sowed way too many despite meaning not to

Porridge breakfast,
    Bunged rapid white loaf in the Panny ready for lunch, but not much idea what to put on or in it
    Dinner, not sure but thinking I should have something a bit healthier than of late, maybe defrost a salmon fillet as start point?

Fire Fox, flaming brothels:eek:
    My bit was spotting a vixen trotting down the road this morning, maybe she'd been on a night out?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tried Pharmacy4you and it was good for a year but then they sent ALL the items on my presc list every time, I now have more packets of testing strips than they do !! so have gone to Asda although they do not deliver so when I go to collect I end up spending money on stuff I do not need (the counter is next to the YS area !!)

Never thought that about the broken CD's, maybe if I laid them down whole the slugs etc would find it difficult to slime across them ?

I often want a side of salad but only have a bit of Little Gem, a few old spring onions and a few small tomatoes, not often got fresh herbs, not much in way of salad, so I add a few frozen peas (thawed) and a little mint sauce to the mix.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback