PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    PN- I'm not a huge biccie fan but Hob Nobs (or equivalent) especially the dak chocolate ones I adore. I only buy them though if I know others will eat most of them or else I'd scoff the lot:o:)

I've nearly finished the packet to be honest. And I've finished the packet of choccies (225g).... so, in 24 hours, I've gone through a packet of biscuits, a bag of chocolates, a big aero.

But .... I've only had one "meal" today - the spud/beans/cheese :) so I'm not snacking on top of meals. I snack instead of them.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Brambling re the speaker my son's fiancee set one up for me at Christmas and I've had a few random moments with it "speaking" unexpectedly and in trying to "fix" those have somehow managed to block my laptop from finding it now - not sure if this is blessing or not so haven't tried too hard to resolve the issue;). I added ginger, garlic & chilli to the curry noodles and it had a decent enough kick, I do like Singapore noodles to have a bit of heat to them.:) Quite right to make your feelings known even if it changes nothing at least you've had the chance to offload a bit.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've nearly finished the packet to be honest. And I've finished the packet of choccies (225g).... so, in 24 hours, I've gone through a packet of biscuits, a bag of chocolates, a big aero.

But .... I've only had one "meal" today - the spud/beans/cheese :) so I'm not snacking on top of meals. I snack instead of them.
    Unfortunately PN I'd probably have had the meals as well as the biccies:o and would now have gut rot and be hyper from the sugar. _pale_
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I've nothing modern in my house like speakers, or things you talk to or that talk back.... my house could be opened as a tourist attraction of time travel back to 1995.... :) and even then I've got some things missing that somebody from 1995 would expect.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's nothing very grand PN just a little £10 one from the Works which means I don't have to take my tablet into the kitchen whilst cooking :) it sits on the window sill with no need for power cables. My nephew's a keeper he knows I was moaning about it to his mother :)

Caronc I decided not to play with the settings on the tablet I just turned it off :) I may not admit this to my nephew :rotfl:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Brambling Glad you had words with your manager it's not fair what has been happening. Laughed at you and the cat looking at each other though - that sort of thing happens to me all the time now there's no dog, just me and the 14 yo cat :D

I don't have an Alexa thingy either as I never quite trust that they're not listening and reporting back for advertising purposes :rotfl: I believe that everyone is allowed to believe one conspiracy theory and that's mine!

Tucked up in bed now with the radio on and a good book to read. Still a textbook but an easy to read one for once.

Thanks for the good wishes for my Mum and I'll report back on Friday.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sunny I don't have a Alexa either just a little speaker which plays music already downloaded onto my tablet :). I think I may be dangerous with anything else :D. My extremely tech savvy nephew just rolls his eyes at me but then he probably wouldn't be seen dead with the little £10 speaker his brother brought me :rotfl:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    It's nothing very grand PN just a little £10 one from the Works which means I don't have to take my tablet into the kitchen whilst cooking

I'm unfamiliar with tablets.... why would you have to take one into the kitchen while cooking? What does a speaker do.... I'm very confused as all these behaviours are alien to me.
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I've had a little boiler problem that now needs sorting, so the boiler man cometh. This alters food/cooking as I know that "at some point, at fairly short notice, he'll be passing and drop in". I also know that the area round the boiler needs to be clear and I'd better empty under the sink so he's clear/easy access to any of the pipes he wants to stare at.... so that stuff will be stacked up. The draining board/area also needs to be clear.

So ... no cooking for me. No washing up for me.... until he's been/gone and I can put everything back.

I've no idea what I'll eat.... chips will probably be quickest easiest. I do have a fat/chunky fish cake in the freezer (4ldi/pack of 2, bought with a red sticker on).... so fat fish cake, chips, peas is highly likely. the only other likely contender would be another spud topped with cheese/beans, but I'd need to grate cheese first.... so that'd put it into 2nd place for preference.

Once I've got the boiler sorted... I can start to worry about my non-disappearing tooth-ache I'd hoped would've just disappeared, but hasn't :(
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I don't have Alexa or anything either, I really don't understand about these type of things.:o

Or I just don't listen when they are explained.:D

I've had a cup of chai tea and will have a fruit and almond milk smoothie before I go out to the dentist.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback