PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've 1½ sisters.... one's 200 miles West and one's 200 miles North. Neither have ever been to my house :)

We were never a family of "getting together", nor even "family meals", nor "going out to eat/lunch" types of people. Not a "close" family in that sense.

I did an early morning launderette run and hit a "lucky spot". They're usually very busy Mondays and I feel "in the way" as they have a lot of service washes from small B&Bs and football teams, as well as householders who have service washes and still stick to the "Monday is laundry day" system.... but, this morning, I got there and it was entirely empty of staff or anything going on (usually it'd be knee deep in 20+ big bags and two members of staff shouting at each other in a very narrow/small space. Managed to get it all done and the manageress and staff of one appeared at 8.30, so I must've hit the one day of the year when, for whatever reason, they started late on a Monday :)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Lots of water so far and that is it.
    I am eating pizza... blow your head off, nose-sniffing, pizza :) Chilli overload :)

Base had garlic and chilli in it.
    Topping was some green peppers, a whole/really fat green chilli and all the seeds, one tomato and loads of cheese.

*sniff* ... hot :)

Oh no, that sounds delish! This is torture as I have to go and get a blood test later and I have to fast beforehand.:rotfl:
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,234 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Nice & sunny, may pop out later & inspect the crocus to see if opened yet, they were out at Wisley yesterday

Porridge breakfast
    Lunch is planned as the last LO bacon in a sarnie, and fingers crossed it doesn't become Caron style sniffy bacon. The bacon is a few days past it's death date
    caronc wrote: »
    Farway - glad you enjoyed the lego, good YS haul as well:). If you don't like the orzo you can lob it northwards:)

I tried it Caron, keep your eyes peeled, it will not the the Aurora or a fireball in the sky:D
    Too currified for me, left aftertaste of yucky garlic:(
    The beetroot + apple was OK

Dinner, complete ideas fail, so I've taken a YS pasty out to defrost while I try and think of something other than beans to go with it
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    There were only two people ahead of me in the queue for the blood test so I was really quick.

I think it must be because it's half term this week?

I got a baguette from the shop and had half of it with a Quorn chicken fillet and ketchup.:)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »

I tried it Caron, keep your eyes peeled, it will not the the Aurora or a fireball in the sky:D
    Too currified for me, left aftertaste of yucky garlic:(
    I'll keep an eye out :cool:

Good afternoon everyone,

Braised steak last night was yummy and as I wasn't too greedy there's a portion to get frozen.:)

Sunny but very icy underfoot this morning, it's beginning to melt now but still lingering in the shade. Groceries have been delivered and unforunately some of my eggs had got cracked when the box tumbled in the basket as they were being brought in.:( Still most are okay and I'll get a refund for the whole pack. I was going to have a cheese & coleslaw sarnie for lunch but I'll use up the cracked ones in a omelette instead. Gammon joint is just about to go into the SC and I must remember to soak peas tonight to make soup tomorrow. I'll use some of the meat tonight in Singapore-style noodles.:)
    As the sun is shining I'm going to have a potter in the garden and move the daff pots to where I can see them better from my chair in the conservatory.:)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,234 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I'll keep an eye out :cool:

Good afternoon everyone,

Braised steak last night was yummy and as I wasn't too greedy there's a portion to get frozen.:)

Sounds like a food swap coming on:)

I was starving so earlier lunch, the bacon was fine, then I had a toasted tea cake with a bit of Cheddar on. I would've had jam but the jar I thought I had I didn't:(

Fancy strawb jam now, if I remember I may get some in L's tomorrow

Still no idea what to have with the pasty, chips is obvious choice but too many carbs really

I could make cream of celery soup, I've got everything, but CBA
    Wish I'd bought the cream of tom when I saw it, spilt milk anyone?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having bought 2.5Kg of baking spuds yesterday (that's about 8-10 or so of assorted sizes), half price so short-dated.... I decided to take one of the two largest and have that with beans/cheese.

Earlier today I managed to munch my way through 8 oaties biscuits (4ldi/hob nobs).... and some chocolates.... :)
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    There were only two people ahead of me in the queue for the blood test so I was really quick.

I think it must be because it's half term this week?

Glad you didn't have to wait too long ;)

It's not half term up here until next week. I only know this as it's 'Reading Week' at uni. More frantic essay writing than reading but hey ho :rotfl:
    Gammon joint is just about to go into the SC and I must remember to soak peas tonight to make soup tomorrow. I'll use some of the meat tonight in Singapore-style noodles.:)

This is why I want you to adopt me Caron! Sounds delish and I'm drooling :p
    Farway wrote: »
    Fancy strawb jam now, if I remember I may get some in L's tomorrow

I am very fond of Lidl's black cherry jam and have been known to eat it on ice cream as well as toast, bread, crackers, rice pudding.....

Good evening all.

In uni this morning, then on to see my parents as Mum isn't very well atm. She's had a leaky heart valve and heart failure for about 8 years now but her symptoms have worsened in recent months. She's had some tests and the results are back in and she has an appointment with the GP on Friday. She had made a lovely leek and potato soup for lunch with a cheese and homemade chutney sandwich :A

Am in the process of cooking some pasta to which I'll add butter, garlic, a squirt of tomato puree and some black olives. I may grate some cheese on it too, will see how the mood strikes me when it's cooked.

Shower taken and pyjamas are on and an evening with the textbooks beckons.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

Half term here too Wednesday:)
    Food swap with braised steak Farway - eh nope ;):)
    SG- hope your Mum's results are okay, sounds as though despite not feeling well she's not lost her cooking mojo, your lunch sounds delicious:).
    PN- I'm not a huge biccie fan but Hob Nobs (or equivalent) especially the dak chocolate ones I adore. I only buy them though if I know others will eat most of them or else I'd scoff the lot:o:)
    I had a good potter re-arranging pots and had intended to go for a walk as well, but energy levels are still lacking so after my stint in the garden I was shattered. Still got some much needed fresh air and a tiny bit of exercise which is better than nothing I suppose.
    Gammon joint is cooked and smelling fab, just some veg to chop and dinner won't take long to cook. I have some of the "straight to wok" Singapore noodles" so a nice & easy but hopefully tasty dinner to look forward then MasterChef is back on:)
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening folks :)

Half term next week down here which makes the drive to work quieter :D

Hope your mum gets on ok at the doctors Sunny

I had words with my manager re my colleague on Saturday and lets just say he knows I wasn't happy unfortunately I also know nothing will change :cool: I also told him I had done my bit for a while and wasn't doing next month as I had done the last five, this time he's not going to talk me round :cool:

Food today was easy, LO lentil lasagna from the freezer, just a small portion and dinner was LO roast pork and vegetables so fridge to table in less than 5 minutes :T. I may steal your Singapore noodles idea Caronc for the LO pork Straight to Wok noddles have been on SO in W*itrose, I only have the plain but I have chilli etc to'Singapore them :)

At the risk of being locked up :D tonight i thought I heard voices not in my head as it turned out but in the kitchen :eek: note to self turn the Bluetooth speaker off after using or when you next use the tablet it may play in the kitchen :o. The cat and I sat looking at each other with that if your here look to each other whose there :rotfl: speaker was a gift from my nephew :) and it was the first time of use :cool:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback