PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,260 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 10 February 2019 at 5:42PM
    Options
    Back from Lego watching, kids, young & old enjoyed it;)

Very busy though, so busy there was standing room only in the cafes, so no lunch to be had there

Popped into a Starbucks attached to a petrol station on way back, nothing exciting there, luckily I'd taken a mixed pack of crisps along so something at least

Then swung into Morries near home, seemed I'd hit peak YS time, a carrier bag full of stuff for £1.20

Dinner is solved, I think, one YS was Orzo past salad, YS at 13p from over £2, no idea what it is, had to Google Orzo pasta. If I don't like there is beetroot & apple grains salad, also 13p

If I don't like them it's toasted teacakes, YS 20P for 6 pack:D

A very mixed bag of YS, but one advantage of silly YS prices I won't feel robbed if it tasted awful & I bin it

PN, I do same with choc bars, no point pretending they will last ages
    Thanks for bit about the wooden tongs in £land, I'll look out for them, like you and most others it is unplug & poke about in toaster with a fork
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Thanks for bit about the wooden tongs in £land, I'll look out for them, like you and most others it is unplug & poke about in toaster with a fork

They're where you'd expect them to be in my store: alongside the other small cooking utensils that are hanging on hooks above the assorted small baking dishes.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Options
    I am eating pizza... blow your head off, nose-sniffing, pizza :) Chilli overload :)

Base had garlic and chilli in it.
    Topping was some green peppers, a whole/really fat green chilli and all the seeds, one tomato and loads of cheese.

*sniff* ... hot :)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    I am eating pizza... blow your head off, nose-sniffing, pizza :) Chilli overload :)

Base had garlic and chilli in it.
    Topping was some green peppers, a whole/really fat green chilli and all the seeds, one tomato and loads of cheese.

*sniff* ... hot :)

That sounds lush .I'm having a fungi pizza after Dancing on Ice :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Elona I always double check mine before throwing in the food because I worry I'll do the same :o

PN I have always found the orange aero too sweet, but another lovely sounding pizza :)

Quiet day for me I slept really bad last night it was 3am when I turned the light off for the fourth time, having had no sleep, the cat gave up trying to sleep at the bottom of the bed and went back downstairs at 2.30am. I then woke up my usual time :cool: so the most I've done today is filled up with petrol a bit of moving stuff around aka tidying and cooking dinner.

Lunch was some quorn goujons from the freezer, just thrown into the airfryer and ate on their on. Dinner was roast pork with root veg mash (swede, carrot, turnip, parsnip and celeriac) braised peas and lettuce and a little bit of oven braised celery :D. Plenty of LOs for a repeat tomorrow with the exception of the celery which I plan to blitz and see if it works as soup as it has no potato to thicken. I'm all vegged out now :rotfl:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    :mad::mad: Brambling there's always one in every workplace:mad::mad:. Still gin chats are never a bad thing;).
    SG - shame you didn't find the source of the smell but hopefully the extra clean has banished it.:)
    :eek::eek:Elona what a kerfuffle at least you managed to rescue it:).
    PN - yep only way to get rid of a less than satisfactory choc bar is to scoff it and of course the calories don't count if you don't enjoy it:rotfl:
    Farway - glad you enjoyed the lego, good YS haul as well:). If you don't like the orzo you can lob it northwards:)

Boiled eggs and soldiers are real comfort food IMHO, a few years ago I had an op and wasn't very well after at for a couple of weeks. My lovely son offered to make me boiled eggs & toast, he cooked the eggs beautifully and had set up a nice tray with napkins and a cuppa but he cut the toast into triangles:eek::eek:. I had to really work hard to avoid a "petted lip" :rotfl:

I got up this morning feeling a lot more with it:), still tired and washed out looking (thanks sis (not :mad:) for pointing that out!) but definitely recovering:D. As it was sunny, though icy, I decided that once the ice had lifted I would head out for some fresh air. Best laid plans etc., first my Dad popped by and then my sister, by the time they left and I had a late lunch of a cheese & lettuce roll it clouded over and started to pour.;) The rain lasted until it got dark and now the temperatures have dropped and it's due to freeze overnight again. Still forecast is ok for tomorrow so will hopefully get out then.
    Second set of thwarted plans were that my gammon was still rock solid after an overnight in the fridge so didn't get it cooked, another task for tomorrow's "to do".:)
    Round steak*, onions and mushrooms have been braised just need nuke steam some charlotte spuds and savoy cabbage and dinner is ready. Unless I'm very greedy there should be enough for a portion for the freezer.
    * I think "round steak" is a Scottish cut of beef. It's fairly thinly sliced top rump or silverside. It's very lean and ideal for braising or beating out and stuffing for beef olives. Sliced very thinly (think thin bacon rasher thickness) it's known as "raw beef ham" which is often sold spiced and is lovely flash fried in a crusty roll with fried onions:).
  • Brambling
    Options
    I believe it's in a sister's job description to be 'honest' Caronc. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • caronc
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    I believe it's in a sister's job description to be 'honest' Caronc. :rotfl::rotfl:
    Apparently........:think::think:
  • Brambling
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Apparently........:think::think:

At least you only have the one :D
  • caronc
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    At least you only have the one :D
    Thank goodness:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income