PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,270 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 January 2021 at 11:48AM
    Options
    Weak sun this morning with wet on it's way, but I completed all the outside tasks yesterday so not a problem, only slight problem is putting my wonky shoulder again out lugging a pot up some steps :'( , but at least the garden is looking better now and I don't need to keep thinking "It needs doing"
    Plus neighbour & I have booked for a bloke to come round sometime this week to clear the gutters, I can see the grass growing out of mine :s

Meals today are subject to change depending on CBA index
    Lunch, possibly a cheese & pickle sarnie
    Dinner, possibly use up Vegan bangers, use up fried eggs, use up LO beans & HM AF chips

Brambling, cold cooked fruit, one of life's pleasures, I've some stewed summer apples in the freezer & only this morning was thinking time to get defrosting, there's a crumble with my name on hovering around

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • justkeepswimmimg
    Options
    Quiet on here today...meat free Monday for me - butternut squash and feta fajitas. What’s everyone else having?
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I often do meat free Monday but not today, it's lamb saag, rice and naan for dinner .
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I tried to convince myself that it was Sunday when the alarm went off this morning, I think it was because I worked Saturday 😐 unfortunately the furry alarm clock has no snooze button 🙄

lunch was a burger and fried onions in a pita.  Dinner was going to be JOs white fish tagine but the cod haven't defrosted (not sure why) and as I wasn't that hungry I decided it would be ok as it's in the fridge until tomorrow.  So dinner was a slice of courgette and carrot cake from the freezer 😁 definitely a CFO meal.  

I need to keep an eye on the fridge freezer as at nearly 15 I think it will be the next thing to go, so I suppose I had better look to eating enough out of the freezers to be able to condense down into the one should it decide to die on me, I also need to eat all the HG veggies lurking in the bottom before this years crop
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • threepenny_bit
    Options
    Having chilli and rice today - bunged lots of peppers, onion, carrots chopped tiny, beans and small amount of mince beef here. Cold old day but blue sky so it tricks you into believing it is nice out lol!  Took out a Christmas turkey leg from freezer for tomorrow - stew and dumplings I think. 

EF - save $1000 in 2024 $70 saved

Annual Grocery shop $496/3000 - had to increase by $500 in March as groceries were so expensive, this is now $250 per month.
    March February $300 January $196

My Grocery vouchers not included in the annual total - I have $100 costco (Used January)
    Still have $35 Walmart and $25 Save on.

Started a diary to help me stay on track … @Time to slash the shopping budget and use up the store cupboard
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,270 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Breezy & mild out, ventured out for essential milk from the Co-op, plus some bananas, I was hoping to find a nice cauli but most of the shelves were empty so no luck there, at least they had milk
    They also had yeast & bread flour, not that I need any but just checking "in case"

Went mad last night & had a bowl of Weetabix with some XCFO ice cream on top, something I just fancied & it went down a treat despite having had a decent dinner
    Lunch today, LO cold pizza, 2 small slices and probably heat though Smart Price C & O pasty
    Dinner, stab & ping something I think, if I can find a curry or Chinese lurking in the freezer
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    I hope all who are going to be in the direct path of the storm are snug and safe. It looks as though we are due to miss the worst of it. It's dry here just now but that very calm way that usually precedes a storm. I've had a quick check outdoors to make sure everything is as secure as it can be and have topped up the indoor log pile. I'm ready for a mug and a sit down before I see what's next on today's "to do"!
    I'm waiting for our First Minister to announcement an extension to our current restrictions date, a case I think of how long for rather if they will as the current ones are due to end on 1st Feb.
    Our planning for the "Restaurant at home" meal for my sister's birthday this weekend is pretty much finalised, I'm sure she will be delighted. D It won't be as good as getting together but lovely to have something nice to forward to in these gloomy times.
    The lamb saag we had yesterday was delicious ,a bit of a faff to set up with the various pre-cooking steps but it certainly came together quickly enough at the end. There's spare portions for the freezer, I just need to find a space for them now. D
    HM soup for lunch and spag bol for dinner using ragu from a batch I made a couple of weeks ago. 
  • Brambling
    Options
    Evening all 🙂

quick lunch of a veggie pita pizza, using a pita from the freezer. Dinner was a disappointment, well the cod was, I brought some frozen from Iceland for the first time and it was thin and very spongy once defrosted so I decided against the JO recipe and bread crumbed it and made AF chips I'm afraid half the fish was thrown away 😐 his lordship doesn't like fish so the half packet left in the freezer will either be binned or taken to a friend for her cat.  I hate wasting food but I was really not impressed with the cod it was tasteless I think I'll stick to buying loin cod fresh and freezing if necessary
  • justkeepswimmimg
    Options
    Is it really only Tuesday, this is a long week...
    Made a lovely frittata with the leftover butternut squash and feta for lunch. Dinner was a sort of chow mein with the leftover Chinese pork belly from the other night.
    Can you tell I hate food waste 😜
  • Brambling
    Options
    JKS when you're cooking for one there are always left overs 🙂 it's good if they can repurposed 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback