edited 13 January 2018 at 9:51AM in Old Style MoneySaving
14.1K replies 902.8K views

Replies

• caronccaronc Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon everyone, 
    Lots of snow round about but we've just got sleety rain. It's a properly cold and manky day which unfortunately I have to venture out in as I'm getting my flu jab, need to collect meds and visit the post office.
    Ham sarnie and fruit for lunch. Dinner is tbc, my son will no doubt have a chippy and I'll raid the freezer.

• threepenny_bitthreepenny_bit Forumite
    322 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Brambling said:
    I'm another fan of coronation chicken, I like it left overnight for the favours to blend and during the summer I've been known to mix with cold pasta to make a more substantial salad  :)

I love these kind of dishes with pasta and use leftovers for lunch at work. Co workers look at my dinner and think I have spent ages prepping stuff  :D   I don't know how they  can spend 10 minutes in a drive through getting their lunch each day and then think they haven't time to make their own lunch!! 
    Pay off credit card#1 (starting Dec 2020) 800/$4500
    Work on selling items and decluttering; sell at least $100 per month - use for c. card. Sales were December $181, January $160
    Low spend/no spend January groceries etc $138/$150
  • threepenny_bitthreepenny_bit Forumite
    322 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Nothing much to report for meals today - found a box with a few home made meatballs in last night so have them in the slow cooker with bbq sauce, some tomato ketchup, bendy peppers, celery and onion. Will have over rice for a nice easy tea. 
    Pay off credit card#1 (starting Dec 2020) 800/$4500
    Work on selling items and decluttering; sell at least $100 per month - use for c. card. Sales were December $181, January $160
    Low spend/no spend January groceries etc $138/$150
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    threepenny_bit said:
     love these kind of dishes with pasta and use leftovers for lunch at work. Co workers look at my dinner and think I have spent ages prepping stuff  :D   I don't know how they  can spend 10 minutes in a drive through getting their lunch each day and then think they haven't time to make their own lunch!! 
    When I go to the office my lunches tend to be left overs from the previous night dinner, HM soups & salads.  If my weekly menu plan doesn't allow me LOs I'll plan on Sunday to make something for lunches whilst cooking Sunday dinner 

Caronc so no thundersnow in your part of the country? 

I didn't fancy soup for lunch so popped it in the freezer for another day and had the last of my stewed rhubarb with Greek yoghurt and snacked on a apple at 4pm.  Dinner was a prawn and veg risotto (peas, broad beans & sweetcorn) and a side of broccoli.  Not planned but there are LOs enough for lunch tomorrow 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronccaronc Forumite
    6.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to the news we had some thunder snow bangs just before 6am but I was soundly snoozing and never heard them zzzz

• edited 5 December 2020 at 11:48AM
    FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 December 2020 at 11:48AM
    Looking very dull & Decembery outside with and cold wind with spots of rain in it. Indoors today I think, especially now my umpteenth hand old Russian lens arrived this morning it will be camera playtime later
    Lunch, just another cheese & salady sarnie
    Dinner, nuke last of the LO chicken casserole + dumpling

I've arranged another on line grocery order for Christmas week, would you believer there aren't any Click & collect slots left, amazing.
    Thought I'd book a delivery slot order sharpish which will allow me to amend the order right up until the evening before delivery
    Only thing left to do is amend my posh meat order now Brighton Blue cheese is in stock

Update, since I started typing it is now sleeting down, brrrr
  • caronccaronc Forumite
    6.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon everyone, 
    Our manky weather has moved on and we've a lovely dry and sunny day. Blooming baltic though and as I found out when I went to the bin a tad slippery underfoot in places!
    My son is busy priming woodwork and I'm trying to not get too much in the way. I've a pan of tomato sauce simmering, some for the freezer and some for HM pizza tonight. The dough  from a batch made a while ago is defrosting in the fridge , just need to decide on toppings. 
    I'm trying to avoid the temptation of the Seasalt sale....... ;)

• BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I deleted the Sea Salt email without opening it  o:) 😁 so the CC is safe

I had a bad start to the day  :| first my electric trip switch went when I put the TV on for breakfast news and later my hair dryer blew up complete with a bang and smoke  :#  I don't use it much at the moment as I'm not going to the office so I think it's been sulking.  I decided against putting the washing machine on today  :) 

I parked my car at my sister to dry my hair before going into town and grabbed a cuppa when she took a break from decorating and went In for a sandwich on the way back  :) I wasn't in town long as I couldn't get my head around doing any shopping, my Christmas present list has nothing crossed out yet 🥺 it may be a online shop and I've a 80th birthday present to buy too 🤔  I did pick up a venison steak and eggs from the farmers market but no Brighton Blue cheese  :/

Dinner was the LO prawn risotto and as it was only a small portion I added some broccoli and a hard boiled egg 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actual sunshine & some blue sky, but only outside activity has been potting up some African Violets I grew from leaf cuttings

Easy meals day today
    Lunch a cheese & salady bits sarnie
    Dinner, stab & ping mac cheese
  • gt568gt568 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard from or of PN?
    :silenced: Down with the signature fascists!!:naughty: