Replies

• edited 2 December 2020 at 2:54PM
    FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 December 2020 at 2:54PM
    Dull weather day here, but at least it's not snow or rain
    Yesterday's meal plan went wonky late afternoon when I fancied a tin of H's cream of tom soup knowing full well  I had a four pack on standby for just such an emergency :)
    Of course by dinner time arrived I was then not really hungry enough to bother nuking the planned mac + cheese, so it was cheese & crackers instead.
    One big plus with CFO, eat what you want when you want

I have just taken a mixed seed loaf out of the Panny, usual @sda packet mix but it looks & smells tasty
    With the loaf in mind there are a pair of posh bangers defrosting right now, these will joint the loaf in a posh sausage sarnie for lunch
    Dinner, today is ideal weather for the forecast chicken casserole using LO roast chick legs & carcass pickings
    I have some use up still fresh mushrooms to pop in, along with standard mix of floppy carrots & bendy celery :( + whatever comes to mind later
    Could be dumplings or mash to accompany the casserole, jury is still out on that

Update, decided, dumplings it is.
    The casserole looks lush, I found a packet of chick casserole mix lurking, only six years past BB date, so that went in the pot as well
  • caronccaronc Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon everyone, 
    Yikes Brambling it's not the first time I've done that, I'll bet the splatter area was quite impressive! No the plates weren't warmed but tbh wouldn't have mattered as the whole place was baltic! CV19 measures meant open windows, thankfully it was speedy - in and out in 12 minutes but I was very pleased to get into my son's warm car!
    Farway, mash or dumplings a nice dilemma to have. A bit of both perhaps?
    It's a cold and manky day here no doubt getting ready for the Northern blast expected later. I managed to just get enough time between downpours to do a quick bin run and restock the log pile without getting drenched. 
    HM ham and lentil soup for lunch, it's definitely the weather for rib sticking fare and tonight my son is cooking pork steaks which we'll have with baby spuds and various veg. 

• BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caronc as it was a tomato based soup it looked like I had committed a murder  :s  

back to work today and a call which started at 9.30 and went on to 5.30 with a quick break for lunch so back to normal  :|

lunch was a portion of soup with some oat cakes.  I didn't fancy the dinner I had planned so had a egg and cucumber wrap with some cheese and onion crisps - definitely a advantage of CFO 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rain has arrived in bucket fulls, it's tipping down but I see snowy scenes further north :o
    Luckily my only outside job is fill the household waste wheelie bin for collecting tomorrow, I'll do that once there's a gap in the rain

The chicken has done well in stretching, made loads of casserole yesterday, with two generous portions LO
    I'll be using the leg pickings to make Coronation chicken style sarnie for lunch and add in some Iceberg for today's bit of green veggies
    Dinner, couple of posh bangers out defrosting, my pack of delivered spuds has some whoppers in there again, just one will make plate of chips
    I could make mash but CBA and then I'm left with LO mash. I foresee a huge baked spud with cheesy beans coming along soon

Dinner will be posh bangers, chips + LO beans

• Baileys_BabeBaileys_Babe Forumite
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We made coronation chicken wraps for lunch the other day, they were yummy. No idea why but not something I would usually make, but would happily buy in a filled sandwich.

2021 Fashion on a ration 66/66 coupons remaining 
  • threepenny_bitthreepenny_bit Forumite
    322 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Farway said:

I could make mash but CBA and then I'm left with LO mash. I foresee a huge baked spud with cheesy beans coming along soon

yummy - makes me think I need this for my tea too lol! 
    Pay off credit card#1 (starting Dec 2020) 800/$4500
    Work on selling items and decluttering; sell at least $100 per month - use for c. card. Sales were December $181, January $160
    Low spend/no spend January groceries etc $138/$150
  • threepenny_bitthreepenny_bit Forumite
    322 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    chilly here but still no snow which is unusual for us ... normally the snow has been here since Halloween and then stays till May. No predictions for a green (read brown really!) Christmas as snow should arrive the end of next week and give us a colder, harsher Alberta winter.  Nice while it lasts though :) 
    Tea tonight is chicken stew and dumplings in the slow cooker, with a couple of portions to add to the freezer for over the coming weeks. 
    Pay off credit card#1 (starting Dec 2020) 800/$4500
    Work on selling items and decluttering; sell at least $100 per month - use for c. card. Sales were December $181, January $160
    Low spend/no spend January groceries etc $138/$150
  • caronccaronc Forumite
    6.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon everyone, 
    We've avoided the forecasted snow, just some very lumpy rain first thing instead though there was a good sprinkling just a few miles inland. It's blooming cold and to hit well below freezing once it get darks. 
    Rountinely domestic morning catching up on laundry and sorting out tomorrow's grocery delivery. Later I must write a couple of cards that are goo going abroad so I can post them when I'm in town tomorrow. Last of the HM lentil soup was polished off for lunch and tonight I'm cooking a sausage, veg and bean chilli which we'll have with baked spuds and grated cheese. 

• BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm another fan of coronation chicken, I like it left overnight for the favours to blend and during the summer I've been known to mix with cold pasta to make a more substantial salad  :)

like Farway we've had a lot of rain today and they are forecasting sleet tomorrow morning followed by more rain   :| all this rain has reminded me I need a bigger compost container for the kitchen as my current recycled ice cream tub is ok for daily trips up the garden in the dry but the lawn was a bit boggy to cross today and it was wet  (I know how to treat myself  :D )

lunch was another portion of HM soup with one portion left for tomorrow and the last one frozen.  Dinner was lambs liver, a rasher of bacon, mash, purple sprouting and French beans - all from the farm shop 🙂
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks dull & cold outside, I'll not be venturing out to find out though
    I was picking my XCFO bits from on line Ice£and yesterday, nothing exciting but fancied some odds & s0ds for a mini help myself when I fancy it food
    Frozen mini doughnuts & choc brownies are two items, neither of which I would ever make.
    Just remembered I have to add a jelly to the list, the annual trifle is due an outing

Lunch today will be HG apple + cheese + crackers
    Dinner, nuked LO chicken casserole + LO dumplings
    Very much a non cooking for one day :)