Cooking for one (Mark Three)

edited 13 January 2018 at 9:51AM in Old Style MoneySaving
14.1K replies 901.8K views

Replies

• BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope the donkey isn't playing up too much Caronc, have you been doing too much in the kitchen?  :)

Considering I did very little the weekend seems to have gone by really quickly, someone has stolen my get up and go  :(

There will be a lot of chicken appearing this week  :) I may freeze the carcass or stock rather than souping it.  Lunch was a chicken sandwich with some salad bits.  I'm not sure that i'll have for dinner with it yet it will probably be something quick with rice or pasta 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • edited 17 November 2020 at 11:59AM
    caronccaronc Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 November 2020 at 11:59AM
    Good morning everyone, 
    Yes Brambling a combination of over doing it, more processed food therefore too much salt and stormy weather I think.  He's having a properly good kick and yesterday ended up more or less written off. :(
    Last night my son made a tasty stir fry for dinner but I could only manage a few bites, I'll have the LOs for lunch. I'm still feeling pretty grim so dinner is tbc.

• FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    'morning, dull & mild. Of to Doc's first thing, blood results, failed :(
    Have to have a proper fasting one now
    However that gave me a chance to go into the Co-op, needed a cuc, but spotted PB baguettes on offer, 2 packs for £1.50 so couple of them, BBE is January so ideal as XCFO standby

Went up the motor way to give the car battery a bit of a boost and dropped into the bottle bank while at it.
    I don't have much glass these days but the sauce bottles, coffee jars etc slowly accumulate and although we have kerbside side glass collection it hardly seems worth while remembering the day due for one pickle jar

Lunch, another ham & mustard sarnie
    Dinner, another ham salad with HM AF chips
    Yesterday I had a HG apple plus some cheese later in the evening, I may repeat that this evening
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you're feeling poop Caron , I hope it passes soon hun.
    I've just made leek n celery soup.Sounds weird, but is delish with crunchy bread 😘Have also made a veg n noodle stir fry for tea .
    Am going to the Oops discount food store later, to see if they have anymore spinach n mushroom parcels.They were lush, n only 79p for four big ones 😊
    PN , I can't believe your housing probs are carrying on, even in the new place :( 
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope you had a better day Caronc  <3

Farway I agree on the blah humbug sentiment, a cousin was putting pictures of her Xmas tree 🌲 on faceache at the weekend 🙄 I'm afraid I'm a week before Xmas at the earliest person if at all  :)  annoyingly I read your post after my 12 o'clock W8itrose delivery cut off so I couldn't add the PB baguettes you reminded me about  :(

We've changed our reporting line at work and the TPTB have decided we should fill in electronic timesheets each week, unfortunately our roles don't quite fit into it, I'm not sure if my asking where to log a hour discussion on where to log tasks was appreciated  >:) It just means on a Friday afternoon there will be some creative 'accounting' to make the hours add up as none of us will have remembered to keep track of specifics during the week.  It's difficult when you pick up support queries or a Skype call in the middle of another task to remember how long stuff took

lunch was a chicken and salad sandwich and dinner LO red Thai chicken curry and rice with LO broccoli, I picked up the jar of sauce on offer and wasn't that impressed with it last night, it was ok but not one I would buy again but I wasn't wasting LOs.  Having had 5 chicken meals from my YS chicken I've frozen the carcass to make stock another time - I'm all chicken 🐔 out 😁
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronccaronc Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone, 
    I'm still unsteady on my feet but feeling less grim, time get some gentle pottering underway to hopefully re-balance. We are going into Tier 4 (pretty much the same as England's lockdown) on Friday for three weeks so really hope to be able to get into town tomorrow to buy a gift.  The weather is foul and I'm more than happy not to be going out today. It's supposed to be dry though much colder tomorrow.
    I've chicken thigh fillets defrosting to make a butter chicken & veg curry for dinner this evening. Lunch will be a cheese, ham and pickle toasted wrap & fruit.

• FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    'morning, hope you manage to get out Caron, but if our lock down experience is anything to go by I expect everyone North of the Border will be out shopping as well, clearing  loo rolls / pasta etc
    Maybe better news about Christmas rules & numbers, just speculation of course but fingers crossed
    Brambling said:
    Farway I agree on the blah humbug sentiment, a cousin was putting pictures of her Xmas tree 🌲 on faceache at the weekend 🙄 I'm afraid I'm a week before Xmas at the earliest person if at all  :)  annoyingly I read your post after my 12 o'clock W8itrose delivery cut off so I couldn't add the PB baguettes you reminded me about  :(
    You didn't miss it, it was the Co-op not W8rose :D Still time if one near you
     Out for a walk earlier, nothing exciting just picking up my prescription, it is very mild out though

Meals are getting repetitive but so far I'm OK with that
    Lunch another ham sarnie, maybe with pickle today
    Dinner, ham of course, probably another salad & HM chips but could become ham, eggs & HM chips if weather goes bleeeugh

• Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been on here for ages.

I have noticed people around here putting up decorations early. I suppose if they are bored at home and have little else to do. Might help to cheer themselves up.

I had a toasted bagel and a bowl of berries with yoghurt for brunch.
  • FarwayFarway Forumite
    9.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now it's pouring, which means ham, eggs, chips & open a tin of beans for dinner