PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the sweeties tip..... - in fact that's an extra tin or two

It soon adds up. LAST DAY TOMORROW (Tue 3rd)

Heroes are 58p/100g https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302307699

Roses 58p/100g https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302294448

QS 54p/100g https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/304570118

Celebrations 54p/100g https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/300917389
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,319 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    No fog despite the forecast, freezing though

I've got a hospital appointment later this morning so a lazier Tuesday AM than normal, no volunteering & no L's either, but as true CFO there's no need to go shopping today

Porridge + chopped apple breakfast
    Lunch will be out, probably a garden centre that has a nice cafe, and a Farm Shop, where I may find "something". I'll check out the local honey there at least

Dinner, no idea, if nothing catches my fancy in the FS dinner is in the freezer awaiting pinging
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Why oh why if you are going to be stupid enough to knock a half drunk cuppa all over your bed does it a) have to be on a newly changed bed and b) in the middle of the night? :eek: Suffice to say today hasn't got off to the best start as after I had stripped and remade the bed and washed and changed myself there was no way I was getting back to sleep. I'm a very tired and grumpy Caronc:( . I was getting out of bed to go to the loo, stumbled slightly and knocked the offending mug off my bedside cabinet, that'll will teach me to decide I was too comfy to take it to the kitchen last night :o . My dehumidifier will be on overtime without the amount of laundry it will be dealing with over the next few days ....
    On happier notes the boiling beef I roasted on Sunday and popped into the slow cooker overnight last night smells glorious there is also quite a bit more meat than I expected which is always a plus as sometimes it is nearly all fat & bone. My KitchenAid is also due to arrive today at some point along with a buthcher's order and a couple of other bits. With a bit of luck most of them will arrive together. It's grey, damp and bitterly cold here so I'm quite happy to stay indoors pottering about. Bangers & mash for dinner tonight and assuming my order arrives ok it should be a "proper" cumberland sausage for the banger part :D.
    Glad you enjoyed "Les Mis" Brambling it my sis & nephew's favourite but I have to confess to having never seen it!
    I really enjoyed the smoked tofu and have some LO for lunch but think I would have preferred it with a different sauce to satay. However, I did discovere that sweet potato wedges and satay sauce are absolutely gorgeous:). I'll definitely get the smoked tofu again but probably have it as part of a ramen bowl.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I have leftover pasta or leftover veggie sausages to eat. I'm not sure what I fancy.

caronc wrote: »

Smoked tofu tonight which I'll flour, fry & then bake until nice and crispy, I don't fancy rice or noodles so I'm going to make some sweet potato wedges instead. I'll have those with stir fry shredded brussel sprouts, sweet peppers & spring onions and HM satay sauce from the Tofoo website (Thanks Brambling:)) which is pretty much how I usually make it anyway though I'm scaling the quantities down and I'll add some dried coriander as I don't have any of the fresh stuff.

That sounds nice.:A
    Actually, for the vegans out there - looks like hefty reductions on Bendicks mint chocolates until 10th at Tesco - 400g box half price etc...

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=vegan%20chocolate&icid=tescohp_sws-1_m-sug_in-vegan_ab-226-b_out-vegan%20chocolate&viewAll=promotion&promotion=offers

Oh yes, I saw that the other day and then cleverly forgot to buy any!
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Operation Chemo Thanks complete. Mainly only Quality Street left of the other offer but we also got some Bendicks as we know some of the nurses in the chemo suite are vegan. Our local Farm Foods doesn't prticularly interest me as parking is difficult and we now have a pretty convenient Food Warehouse. Doesn't stop me looking at the leaflet though:D

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,319 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Back home, lunch not as anticipated, the GC cafe was full of noisy office party so on to another cafe, I had a pasty but it was too peppery for my taste, so left half of that:(

On a plus note sun's out and warm if in it, and the scan shows nothing much to worry about, just have to wait on consultant to decide way ahead, which may well be "give it time"

Still a bit peckish so dinner will be a nuked RM Chinese or Indian from the freezer
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Oh yes, I meant to say I tried the Richmond vegan sausages last night and they are the most realistic vegan sausages I have ever tried.:beer:

I haven't eaten a dead animal sausage since, ooh, about 1990 and I actually went and checked the packaging afterwards to make sure it was plant based!:eek::rotfl:

I just had the last couple in a sarnie with mustard.:cool:
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Glad you enjoyed your vegan sausages Wednesday:), I'm not a fan of the Richmond meat ones though I know a lot of people are, my Dad used to love them. The texture is too smooth for me, I prefer a bit of bite in my bangers. On the subject of bangers I now have rather a lot in my fridge, I had ordered a some Cumberland rings and pack of pork & leek bangers but my order also contained a free pack of pork breakfast sausages.:) None of my deliveries ended up arriving until just after 5pm, I thought the first courier must have forgotten something when the door went again. He must have just driven off when the second one arrived. Some stuff has been popped in the freezer but most is in the fridge to get split into CFO friendly portions before I freeze them. Freezer space for it all is going to be a bit tighter than I thought but I'm confident it should go in without too much muttering (fingers crossed). My KitchenAid:happyhear also arrived but it is yet unpacked, I think I'm going to have to get a hand to move it to where I want it to live as it's pretty heavy and will I think be a tad too large to move on my trolley zimmer. I'll have a proper investigate tomorrow but for tonight it can stay as is on the kitchen table where I got the delivery guy to leave it for me.
    Lunch was LOs from last night padded out with a slice of toast topped with cheese spread and tomatoes as there really wasn't much left and I'd skipped breakfast. It's blooming baltic here tonight so I'm looking forward to my Cumberland sausage & mash with gravy, sprouts & carrots. I made a batch of mash this afternoon as I've used up my freezer supplies, some I'll have tonight and some will be used to top the cottage pie I plan to make tomorrow, some will no doubt need to be squeezed into the freezer.:eek: When I got in about the cooked boiling beef there was actually quite a bit of meat certainly enough to make a decent sized cottage pie and a ragu. Between the roasting and the slow cooking a lot of the fat had rendered down so I have a lovely thick disc of dripping sitting on top of the stock. I'll get that removed and into a jar in the fridge - I can think of a lot of lovely uses for it over coming months.:D The stock will be reduced down, portioned and popped in the freezer.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    I had a pasty but it was too peppery for my taste, so left half of that

That's where beans rule :)
    Smother in beans, job's a good 'un :)

Gravy also works... but I'm a baked bean fanatic really.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope you caught up on your sleep Caronc it's amazing how far a half mug of liquid can travel :o. I saw Les Mis 30 years ago in the West End (damn I feel old :rotfl:) the show last night was more of a concert as they were in a borrowed theatre :). Considering how close I live to London I'm not a frequent visitor

What colour is the new toy? Sounds like a job for the nephew to move it :D

I'm glad the hospital results were good Farway, just a shame your lunch wasn't

Work has been :mad: today, I ended up working through lunch and staying until 6pm so I'm a little peeved and grumpy tonight :cool: I've resisted gin and chocolate and had a rant to myself whilst driving home

Lunch was some more of the lentil and sweet potato soup it has set so i could almost cut it with a knife :) so I only took a small portion and added some LO runner beans and tender stem broccoli to it which worked really well as it lightened it up. Dinner was a cba pinged LO beef and vegetables
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback