PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm having a Bird's eye vegan burger with Violife cheese melted on top with lettuce and ketchup. I might cut it in half and have it in two rolls as I'm hungry!
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,270 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Very frosty this morning, still lingering even at 10ish, guess it was scrape the car again Brambling?

Usual porridge, then into town, zero YS anywhere so only bought the necessaries mooching around.
    Luckily I had to drop off a prescription, so into C0stcutter next door, and found my YS dinner, MFO beef stew & dumplings, just the job for today's weather:j
    Lunch was boring cheese & sliced onion sarnie, with hindsight it would've been an ideal toasted sarnie

Berni Inn, I can't remember where I went in but guess I must've, prawn cocktail, gammon with pineapple, Black forest gateau. Living the dream:D
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • pattypan4
    pattypan4 Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We had our evening wedding meal in a berni inn and it was prawn cocktail, steak and black forest gateau. Lovely too and a real treat those days. The wedding celebration was a buffet at home and then we left for one night in a hotel and off on honeymoon in a hired campavan the next day. Very different to these days

I nipped out and got my last bits today, apart from veg which will arrive next friday and I`ll pop them into the green bags which will keep them nice. Anything else I will walk down to the local shops. I`ll be very glad to be away from the hoardes when they start to panic, it was sainsburys today and the car park was almost full at 9am
  • unrecordings
    unrecordings Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pattypan4 wrote: »
    I`ll be very glad to be away from the hoardes when they start to panic, it was sainsburys today and the car park was almost full at 9am

Oh no - I'm a day out - Waitrose tomorrow, won't be out early. The mayhem starts in the Blue Badge area and reaches its climax in the YS chiller. Don't have much to get but have to get past the mayhem to get to the serene atmosphere of the wine section where I amuse myself by picking up a bottle of wine, make some subtle appreciative noises, move away, wait for someone else to pick up the same wine, then I put mine back and see if they meander around & put theirs back too :rotfl:

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • pattypan4
    pattypan4 Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    lol.

I bought myself a couple of dinky bottles of fizzy alcohol and a full bottle of sherry and I already had a small unopened bottle of port. I have gin and a box of feverfew tonics. Ooh sounds a lot but will last the whole season and beyond. I rarely drink but intend to waft through the long holiday enjoying myself
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I managed to book an Asda Christmas delivery a couple of days before Christmas.:)

For dinner I had spicy cauliflower bites, roasted brussels and the last of the onion bhajis with some mango chutney.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Very frosty this morning, still lingering even at 10ish, guess it was scrape the car again Brambling[/B

Unfortunately, it was -2 at 8am Farway :(. At least I had remembered to cover the windscreen last night so not too bad. His lordship was really reluctance to go out first thing but doesn't like using his litter tray, I've never seen a cat go so slowly out the cat flap, he spent a while with his just his head poking out and then went one leg at a time :rotfl:

I almost became a statistic this morning :cool: a 4 x 4 driver decided to launch themselves off their drive in front of me to turn right :eek: I was going 40 and there was no way I could of stopped in time, luckily the car coming the other way was far enough away that I could swerve around the front of the 4x4 . I'm not sure if they didn't see me or though they could make it. I may have made a !!!!!! hand movement, BTH it happened so quick I couldn't tell if it was a man or women driving. I could see them reverse back into their drive as I drove on. It definitely raised my heart rate and a strong cup of tea was required when I got to work.

Work was manic and a slow system didn't help, it could have been the ten 20mb emails sent by my Chinese colleague :eek: I was really glad to get home tonight I'm hoping I've done enough today to get stuff finished without working late tomorrow as it has to be finished by 10pm. I just need to think of a secret Santa gift which I hate doing :cool: and I have the senior manager so no idea what to get him

Lunch was the same as yesterday a small portion of celery soup with a pack of s&v crisps. I was almost too CBA to cook when I got home but I'm glad I made the effort to cook roasted squash and goats cheese risotto with loads of leeks I really enjoyed it and LO for lunch :D
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • unrecordings
    Options
    Don't miss the corporate world one bit, give me a small business any day

• unrecordings
    Options
    Back on topic before I have too much brandy. Defrosted what I thought were two pork loin steaks overnight, but they turned out to be one 1/2" pork loin/chop/whatever. So YS salad potatoes quartered, parboiled then fried, sprouts parboiled, halved then fried, two large shallots cut lengthways & fried, nice crusty bread to clean the plate, salt & pepper only for seasoning. Yum...

I'm really into shallots at the moment - it has to be said

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

Yikes Brambling bet that pushed up the "active minutes" on your Fitbit:eek:, glad you are unscathed:)
    Your wedding sounds wonderful pattypan, not very different to mine though a local hotel for the meal instead of a Berni. Despite fact we are no longer together I still remember it as being a brilliant day as exactly as we wanted it.

Weather continues to be dreadful but the wind seems to have lulled a little. More due to come overnight though. Something crashed outdoors a few minutes ago but it is too dark to see if was my garden or a neighbours' and I'm not venturing out to check!
    Accounts for the school club are signed off for another year thankfully and I think a glass of red is well deserved ;)once my cottage pie has finished nuking and I can enjoy a bit of sofa/TV time.:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback