PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,248 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Another day with similar weather to Caron, dull, bit wet, but warmer

For once my early mooch in L's went well, the weekend offers are some I can actually use, but mine had oranges in place of ham stuff, which was good 'cos I like oranges & don't like antipasto ham:)

I bought one of everything :money:only downside was zero YS again:(

There is a packet of fish fingers lurking in the freezer, so 3 of them in a sarnie for lunch, and I opened my thinking ahead & safely stashed new jar of tartare sauce to go with them, looking at you Brambling :D

I enjoyed the !!!!!! so I'll use the last of them for dinner, with HM chips & nuked peas
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    I'm grinning at the image in my head of your cat acting as "King's taster" unrecordings.:rotfl:
    I've not had !!!!!! for ages Farway I must get some again soon as a FF butty is hard to beat.:D
    Pottled my way through some admin this afternoon and gave the bathroom a quick swish round. That's been about the extent of my activities for today. I'm hoping to have some more oomph tomorrow.
    Dinner just needs bunging in the oven, I've not had chicken wings for a while so I'm looking foward to them.:)
  • unrecordings
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    I'm grinning at the image in my head of your cat acting as "King's taster" unrecordings.:rotfl:

Doesn't always work, sometimes I get a false, positive (or negative if you know what I mean) but for the stuff she likes - chicken, yorkshire cured ham, mild smoked salmon, voles, she's a good indicator and at least she's stopped trying to kill me on the stairs.

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    There is a packet of fish fingers lurking in the freezer, so 3 of them in a sarnie for lunch, and I opened my thinking ahead & safely stashed new jar of tartare sauce to go with them, looking at you Brambling

:p

It would probably explain two pots of mustard in the cupboard, scatty moment at the condiment section :cool: On the shopping list as too damp to go to SM lunchtime

:j:beer: Friday :D. And I got out 5.00pm sharp :T. Senior manager dumped a box of chocolate biscuits on the table today, he could probably hear us cursing :rotfl: they're half price in W8itrose at the moment so he's been bringing mince pies and biscuits in for the kitchen table, these he gave straight to us, I didn't need the temptation, but no one complained :rotfl:

The mystery soup lunchtime turned out to be ham and split pea :). Dinner was a quick black bean burger from the freezer with chips and salad

Mine have always been more partial to shrews rather than voles unrecordings :cool: he's also a fussy wee PITA and doesn't seem to like human food
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • unrecordings
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    Mine have always been more partial to shrews rather than voles unrecordings :cool: he's also a fussy wee PITA and doesn't seem to like human food

She'll kill anything - eats mice & voles (living on the edge of the woods we have lots of these), leaves shrews & rats for us (shrews, I think exude some hormone which makes them taste disgusting) and she's not figured out how to unwrap birds yet

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    She'll kill anything - eats mice & voles (living on the edge of the woods we have lots of these), leaves shrews & rats for us (shrews, I think exude some hormone which makes them taste disgusting) and she's not figured out how to unwrap birds yet

I've been told that about shrews

I've only had his lordship 18 months and he's not much of a destroyer of local wildlife unlike my previous cat who brought in four shrews one afternoon after my neighbour had his 'jungle' cut down she would bring everything in alive, then usually let it go and go eat her food whilst I tried to catch it, tea towels work with flying birds. And it's amazing how many feathers are on a small poor bird. The worst this cat has done is the dead squirrel on the door mat, it could have been worst I'm assuming he cba to carry it around to the cat flap:eek:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • I wish I could do CFO in my SC, always seem to do for 4, not just in SC, unless I have just 1 piece of fish or meat I seem to cook enough for 2, and as far as veggie are concerned, well, same again. Definately more than my 5 a day plate is either piled high with veg or none, mostly high.
  • unrecordings
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    I've been told that about shrews

I've only had his lordship 18 months and he's not much of a destroyer of local wildlife unlike my previous cat who brought in four shrews one afternoon after my neighbour had his 'jungle' cut down she would bring everything in alive, then usually let it go and go eat her food whilst I tried to catch it, tea towels work with flying birds. And it's amazing how many feathers are on a small poor bird. The worst this cat has done is the dead squirrel on the door mat, it could have been worst I'm assuming he cba to carry it around to the cat flap:eek:

Ours has a strange relationship with squirrels. I think she thinks they're kittens rather than prey. Some of the braver generations of squirrels have not been scared of her at all and I've seen them chasing around the garden, cat with tail in air.

That said there's still a good reason or two we never got a catflap

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,248 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Wet day ahead, pouring overnight & still coming down, but today is another sort out "paperwork" day anyway

Usual porridge breakfast, but opened up one the L offer oranges, not too bad, not as sweet as some I've had but no where near lemon stage
    I may get another pack if still there on Tuesday

Lunch I've decided to sample the Iceland vegan sausage rolls, trial before XCFO.

I'll report back, per Kg they are much cheaper then Linda McC's and vegan so should be fine with the intolerance folks

Dinner, despite the weather being ideal for stew or pie I've decided on easy, so it's cheesy baked spud & salad.

I've had a lettuce slowly turning into compost in the fridge for too long:o, should be a few decent leaves in there somewhere
    whmf00001 wrote: »
    I wish I could do CFO in my SC, always seem to do for 4, not just in SC, unless I have just 1 piece of fish or meat I seem to cook enough for 2

I think this is common in CFO land, usual option is freeze surplus, or learn to like eating the same meal for a few days
    Someone on here has a small SC which could help by restricting just what will fit in it, quart V pint pot
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • pattypan4
    Options
    oh dear I have to do catch up on posts from weeks ago. Sorry. The weeks have disappeared in a whirl of doing jobs here. I have been eating well but mainly because of hm soups and salads or all in a lakeland pouch meal

Is anyone else on here likely to be on their own christmas day or between that and new year? Just asking because I am wondering how to cater for myself, to make that week less mundane and a bit more festive. I have bought a few nibbles and just now have ordered a few solo ready meals from cookfood.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback