PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,259 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sunny but cold, not that it matters as today is a stay in day
    I've decided to make a tea loaf, just fancied a taste of cake stodge
    Dried fruit soaking in tea as I type and located my lurking mixed spice

Breakfast porridge had diced fresh own apple + HM yoghurt mixed in

Lunch, guessing on cheese & tom rolls, creature of habit & LO YS rolls:)

If I CBA I may make pot of celery soup, I've two LO use up quick small hearts that would be ideal.

If I make it that'll be dinner + YS bread dunked in
    Brambling wrote: »
    The lurgy has set in, i woke with blocked nose and all the trimmings :( just in time for the weekend :cool:
    Oh dear, hope it clears, at least CFO you can slump & scoff nourishing sweeties if you wish;)
    Brambling wrote: »
    I cooked the brisket I picked up yesterday, there's a lot more box than beef so I'm glad I brought it on offer and YS, only 30 mins in the oven so handy but I don't think I'll buy full price.

Like so many YS items, not worth full price. I've had items where there was more box than content, and the box was probably tastier
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Going to batch cook some savoury mince to portion up for freezer, can then be used for chilli/bol/curry as and when for when recuperating. Also planning on making a couple of individual bread puddings for myself and neighbour as we are going to have Jamaican take-away tomorrow after wrapping some Xmas gifts and watching His Dark Materials. I was planning last week and asked her if she knew of it and she did not so stayed with me and LOVED it. (17 yrs old). Mentioned it to grandson o pbone, he recently watched original Rear Window so rec. Casablanca and a few others. )25 yrs old).
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cold/raining here today.

Had breakfast of 2x toast, 2x scrambled eggs, half tin of beans, splash of brown sauce.

CBA to go out for food, will be eating what's in, but wishing I had something different/tasty.... also want sweeties. :(
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I fancied a sandwich with Linda McC sausages but realised I didn't have any bread until my Ocado shopping delivery!

I'm making SW chips with the sausages instead and I will have grilled tomatoes too.
  • Farway
    Options
    Two CFO successes today

The tea loaf turned out lovely, and the celery soup I planned earlier has been blitzed & is thick & creamy. I added some LO cream cheese into the whizz

Ideal comfort food now PN's rain arrived here about noon, time to draw curtains, eat thick HM soup, with YS bread dunked in, followed by tea bread with butter [STRIKE]slapped [/STRIKE]spread on

Later I'll hunt out a film or maybe more Jack Tyan on 4mazon, nice lazy evening ahead:)
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You've reminded me that I have a tea loaf recipe Farway and a couple of slices of it in the freezer :D

PN you certainly seem to be living a more exciting life these days :cool:

Lazy day as lurgy is developing nicely :o I've completely lost my sense of smell and unfortunately taste as well. At least it's an excuse to stay indoors out of the rain and catch up some recorded TV.

I took out a chicken carcass from the freezer and made chicken soup, I had some for lunch which I'm assuming was nice as it usually is :cool: I had to stop myself adding too much seasoning as whatever I did it was still going to taste of nothing. I had a portion for lunch and there are a couple of generous ones left. Not bad for a £3 small chicken it fed two of us two meals each and there was quite a lot of meat left on the bones for soup. I also cooked a beef cheek ragu in the pressure cooker (it needed to be done today) but I will freeze most of that, this week I have eaten a lot of my RMs from the freezer.

I took a pork fillet from the freezer yesterday so that needs to be cooked, I'll make a pork and mushroom stroganoff with some sad mushroom and if I don't fancy it for dinner it can freeze it should fit[STRIKE] I hope[/STRIKE]
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Options
    At least it's not raining, good job because I'm off to a Remembrance Service and don't want to stand in rain if I can help it

There are "light refreshments" after which I take to be tea & biscuits
    Quick check of suit, still fits, phew:j

Breakfast of porridge & sliced banana
    Knocked up a new batch of yoghurt

I've got one portion of last night's celery soup left, so I think that's lunch. It was a nice batch I made, no matter how many times I do it it always varies, probably as I use eyeballs and not scales;)

Dinner, too far way, but I've Pukka L & P pies on red alert:)
  • unrecordings
    Options
    Day 5 of The Hand. It's no worse; it's getting better, but very slowly. I can't use it for most things still, but the extensive bruising is starting to fade.

I can't, say, open a door, or hold a mug, or hold anything at all really, so still muddling through. I can't even type a lot of shortcuts, which I rely on for the majority of my keyboarding.... e.g. I can't type Ctrl-F without that stretch of the fingers hurting.

Hope it's getting better. Had a bit of a keyboard victory here today after a year of trying to figure out where it was hidden. I found 'Sticky Keys' on my iMac which is like a caps lock for function keys. There must be a Windows equivalent. But for me no more struggling with rubber bands wrapped around pencils

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I could not warm up yesterday.:eek: I had the halogen heater on, my dressing gown over my clothes, a hot water bottle and we turned up all the heaters.

I woke up feeling lovely and warm this morning, luckily!:)

I've just been for a walk and am about to have a veggie burger in a bun with ketchup. I bought some Hula Hoops at the shop too.:D

We are going to watch a horror film today, the most recent Annabelle one.
  • Farway
    Options
    Back home, last of the celery soup + bread was lunch

Pukka L & P pie, plus nuked LO mash and a chunk off the cauli & broccoli florets iceberg for dinner

Tea loaf should a top up be required
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback