Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

Earthgirl's Final Battle - Page 56

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Earthgirl's Final Battle

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
1.2K replies 115.4K views

Replies

• apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    11.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a neighbour delivers parcels. says there'll bemany more in the build up to cmas. She picks up about 3 miles away, delivers on a nearby part of our estate, gets sent a suggestd delivery route to take, and fits it round 3 kids. Worth looking at that sort of thing? Obv, only temp.
    NST Jan Jitterbugger#1; NSD2 ; Ex3 ; bagfuls (62)

Mortgage £386 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • edited 9 November 2018 at 5:24PM
    earthgirlearthgirl Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 November 2018 at 5:24PM
    I'll look into parcel delivery. Any sort of driving would do. OH doesnt want to work with the public. It doesnt really leave much tbh!

We are getting no income from his business at all, but he seems happy and is still plugging away at it. Maybe it'll recover - I don't think so I actually think at some point he will decide on a new project. It suits me that he is self-employed as he is here for the kids when I am at work.
    I have started handing over some of my things for him to do - he now does all of the football training runs which means I have every evening free.

I work best in the morning though, so my evenings are mostly spent with the other child and relaxing. I've started to exercise then too.

Work is stressful at the moment, not stuff I can discuss here I guess just that I have to change my entire working week next week and I see no possible way of getting everything done that I need to do.

Seeing the opportunity there - my boss is very grateful and has told me I can have 'whatever I want' in return so I'll ask for a few more hours back. I'm also working in the childrens units next week and I'll just do it all in one evening.

PREVIOUS TO DO:
    doctors appointment done
    surveys done
    housework catch up done
    exercise done

organise saturdays glasgow trip - done but left at work sigh
    Banking done
    Organise travel plans roughly done

clear work back log and reorganise admin systems - No where near and no chance next week either :(

So most things done :) and worked on OHs business too.

TO DO:
    Oragnise saturdays trip finally
    clear work backlog
    reorganise admin systems
    exercise plan
    sort washing
    type up travel plan
    surveys, surveys, surveys!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • themadvixthemadvix Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear your DH is taking on some of your chores - I'm sure it's not the case, but we only get one side and at times it sounded like you were doing everything!
  • NeedhelpsavingNeedhelpsaving Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Morning EG,

I'm inclined to agree with Karma on the SB thing.

Over the last year or so they seem to have made it harder to earn SB to exchange for gift cards. I still use it, but I don't spend ages on it, I will try a few surveys, the easy swago games (when they're out), swag codes and the daily polls.

I tend to get the main bulk of my SB these days from their chrome extension which gives you points for shopping. I tend to go through quidco and then the SB banner pops up when you arrive at the site you are shopping on, you click activate and it will track your spend to exchange for points (so in effect I get money from quidco and SB most of the time) - Sometimes the site I am using only has an offer on SB or quidco.

I only tend to get about £5-£10 a month from SB. It's worth using for the few £ here and there, but I wouldn't spend ages on there.

HTH x
    2020 Target - Pay Mortgage Down Mortgage Starting: £51,737.26 Currently: £40,500 as at 11/12/20
  • earthgirlearthgirl Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    themadvix wrote: »
    Glad to hear your DH is taking on some of your chores - I'm sure it's not the case, but we only get one side and at times it sounded like you were doing everything!

I was doing everthing, it was really hard for a while there, but I wanted it to be his idea to take some of the jobs off me :rotfl: Now we have a bit of a better balance.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
    3.8K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning EG,

I'm inclined to agree with Karma on the SB thing.

Over the last year or so they seem to have made it harder to earn SB to exchange for gift cards. I still use it, but I don't spend ages on it, I will try a few surveys, the easy swago games (when they're out), swag codes and the daily polls.

I tend to get the main bulk of my SB these days from their chrome extension which gives you points for shopping. I tend to go through quidco and then the SB banner pops up when you arrive at the site you are shopping on, you click activate and it will track your spend to exchange for points (so in effect I get money from quidco and SB most of the time) - Sometimes the site I am using only has an offer on SB or quidco.

I only tend to get about £5-£10 a month from SB. It's worth using for the few £ here and there, but I wouldn't spend ages on there.

HTH x

Thanks I might just do this then, I find the site infuriating. I think I will do my searches with the swag search bar, and the quidco crome extension should pop up and I can get the quidco points too! Great idea

Progress not Perfection
  • edited 11 November 2018 at 8:07AM
    earthgirlearthgirl Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 November 2018 at 8:07AM
    Not a good day yesterday in relation to my goals. All due to decisions I made and to quite an extent OH too. Wasn't a cheap day although we did get to see family which is a goal, and we had expensive options wherever we looked yesterday.
    Particular pain points were not being able to park where I wanted at the time I wanted as I'd left it too late to decide and then book. Waiting for OH to come home instead of just going out myself with the kids and then him not really wanting to go out, and me being quite lazy :( and agreeing. I'd previously promised the kids a burger as I thought we'd be out all day and didn't want 2 picnics but we weren't so I ended up buying them one for no reason really. We didn't really warn the kids about buying drinks at the party we were at - I sould have thought about this and brought something with us. All I wanted was a cup of juice for the kids but I ended up buying a much more expensive round sigh. I also had a burger and then really fattening food at the party as I'd just kind of given up by then.

Better planning and focus needed.

So today isn't going to be a lazy day. Both boys to football, beach run for me, washing away, and a general tidy up and plan for the week, shop and scan and surveys. This afternoon I'll play with the kids and then cook Sunday roast and food for the week. Healthy food and hydration - back to those goals - and I must improve the weekend planning instead of planning all my holidays :)

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    11.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 'bad' day doesn't mean that it will all unravel - you have routines, systems and communication all on your side.

Hope today feels much better for you x
    NST Jan Jitterbugger#1; NSD2 ; Ex3 ; bagfuls (62)

Mortgage £386 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
    3.8K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks apple, yes feel much better today. Although eating could be better (birthday cake, I'm looking at you!) I have achieved loads, and the kids have had a good day too.

Went to the cemetery and tidied up fil s grave, which was nice and life affirming.

Mostly organised for the week few bits to do. Apple you are right, back to my routines and systems, they never let me go too far off track!!

Progress not Perfection
  • themadvixthemadvix Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with NHS about SBs (it's a good job we know what we're talking about - someone dropping in wouldn't have a clue with all the acronyms!). I just do the minimum and the bonuses and it still tots up, just more slowly but with lots less effort and a lot less frustration!