We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Name Dropper
    after making my complaint on monday afternoon and getting a call from natwest yesterday afternoon with 30 pounds compensation !

today the 125 payment has appeared in my account. Happy with how its gone i assume the 27th is just to cover them in case of problems and they will be doing these payments as quickly as possible.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    £125 also here in the account today. Was told by 27th.
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    Photogenic Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Thank you everyone for your input on this.

I received my £125 last week but my OH didn't so I filled out the online complaint form on his behalf yesterday asking for £50 compo. He received a call from them today agreeing to give him £50 today and £125 by the 27th.

I'm a bit jealous that my £125 last week went in without a hitch so I couldn't complain.
  • vienly
    vienly Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper 100 Posts Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    just got mine today also.
    no compensation money
    case closed
  • Weybridge78
    Weybridge78 Posts: 209 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary PPI Party Pooper First Post
    £30 compensation today.
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    After receiving my £30 compensation payment yesterday I received my switching bonus this afternoon.
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper Part of the Furniture Uniform Washer First Post
    Switching bonus received this afternoon sometime (afternoon AEST, no idea when it actually hit my account in UK time).

I wasn't after compensation, so this is the outcome I wanted, and I figured it's pretty good they offered it not only to existing customers, but honored my payment as a non-resident (they have my overseas address, and I switched from HSBC, who also had my overseas address).

I've been a customer since 1999, and still use the account semi-regularly from here to deal with my UK interests, so I wasn't just in it for the money, it was a nice bonus though :D thumbs up NatWest.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,486 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier Home Insurance Hacker! First Anniversary First Post
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Bankers read these forums, of course they do. It troubles that people readily post here how they plan to take advantage of the banks in the way that you describe. Doing it is one thing, but publishing the plan so overtly is merely laying the foundations for the goose that's laying the golden egg to be killed off.

Switching is promoted heavily on the main site.

The banks will have the data anyway on how many accounts that are switched become active or are subsequently closed. The key thing will be what percentage of switched accounts become profitable.

Although these easy "no strings" switches that don't require any DDs seem mad to me.

FD may retain a lot of switched accounts from excellent customer service. I don't think that will be true of NatWest.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,663 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Bankers read these forums, of course they do. It troubles that people readily post here how they plan to take advantage of the banks in the way that you describe. Doing it is one thing, but publishing the plan so overtly is merely laying the foundations for the goose that's laying the golden egg to be killed off.

I'm sure the marketing gurus :p worked out the statistical %ge of permanent gains over the fly by night serial switchers and the costs.

Stupid if they did not.

BTW
    Got my switching incentive yesterday.

I am an existing customer and at the moment will be keeping the account.
  • sparks6
    sparks6 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    me too made an online complaint got my switch money no compensation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.