NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,474 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lady asked if I had completed any transactions when I logged in, did I transfer any money

There was a requirement "to deposit £1,500 into your eligible account"
    before 16 March - was this done?
  • DMN
    DMN Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Made an online complaint and was told not eligible for the £125 as my account was not opened by 16th February (I applied in January and my account was opened on the 20th Feb. and fully switched on 26th Feb).

Over phone I stated the application had to be by the 16th Feb. and the account opened and switched by 16th March to which this was agreed so I was told I am eligible and they would put a note on my account to that effect and the complaints team will re-open my complaint to pay me the £125. Hopefully I wont have to spend any more time on the phone - spent over 30mins today waiting to be told I am indeed eligible. This isn't worth the trouble and frustration unless I get some extra compensation!
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DMN wrote: »
    This isn't worth the trouble and frustration unless I get some extra compensation!
    How much per hour after tax do you normally get paid, and how many hours have you spent obtaining £125 tax-free? :)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quick update, husband replied the the complaint handlers request sent screenshots of texts they sent saying switch complete as well as photo their letter about the switch, and letter from previous provider saying their account was closed.

Phoned within 30 mins of sending to apologise again and confirm it was an error their end. £125 and £20 paid in immediately.

But if a faff but finally sorted.
  • DMN
    DMN Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    The complaints team have now said they need more time to conduct a full investigation. I was careful to make sure I completed everything on the terms and conditions so I should be eligible but still nothing guaranteed. I wanted to switch from my old account but without the £125 it wouldn't be worth the hassle especially to switch to a new bank that seems rather incompetent. (Wrt EachPenny comment: I have no idea how much I usually get paid by the hour as I've never added up all the hours I work week to week which can vary quite a lot! Yes it could and should have been a quick easy £125 and then for sure more than I get paid, but if drawn out over many weeks of trouble it ain't worth it! especially to a bank of Nat West I now have less faith in...)
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    DMN wrote: »
    The complaints team have now said they need more time to conduct a full investigation. I was careful to make sure I completed everything on the terms and conditions so I should be eligible but still nothing guaranteed. I wanted to switch from my old account but without the £125 it wouldn't be worth the hassle especially to switch to a new bank that seems rather incompetent. (Wrt EachPenny comment: I have no idea how much I usually get paid by the hour as I've never added up all the hours I work week to week which can vary quite a lot! Yes it could and should have been a quick easy £125 and then for sure more than I get paid, but if drawn out over many weeks of trouble it ain't worth it! especially to a bank of Nat West I now have less faith in...)

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with this. NatWest are a shambles. I would push for significant compensation for all your time and trouble. If some people have been getting £50 just because there was a short delay (but no arguments about eligibility) then that should be the absolute minimum you get, and arguably it should be more. I hope this is sorted for you soon, and with reasonable compensation.

Don't let this experience put you off switching; other banks are more competent. It may well be that, given your lack of confidence in NatWest, once everything is resolved you should switch the account elsewhere (and perhaps take advantage of a different switch offer: Halifax pay out before the switch even completes, and they have no fiddly requirements - just switch an account).
  • central
    central Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Already re switched away with my incentive to Starling from this shambles of a bank - completes on Monday :-)
  • i_love_it
    i_love_it Posts: 848 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I filled out the online complaint form before receiving the £125 bonus after someone kindly posted the link on here.
    I got the bonus paid and a few days later a £50 compensation payment. Then it was retracted on the same day and a £30 payment made.
  • inittogether
    Options
    Sounds like some contact centre operatives are making things up to explain the few missing incentives. There was no mention of DDs for this one.
    “Operator! Give me the number for 999!"
    :cool2::question:
  • inittogether
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    How much per hour after tax do you normally get paid, and how many hours have you spent obtaining £125 tax-free? :)

Come on, let's keep to the principle of this website of being a place for ordinary consumers to save money, or make money. If the person ticked all the boxes to receive an incentive, then it should be paid automatically. They shouldn't have to chase up, and convince a particular contact centre staff member of that, especially when these staff members seem to have been kept in the dark by Nat West too, and are guessing at what might be the problem.
    “Operator! Give me the number for 999!"
    :cool2::question:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family