NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 April 2018 at 11:29AM
    Options
    I got my bonus paid, my husband however didn't.

After reading comments here he filled in the complaints form on Tues night and yesterday someone called him and apologised, offered £20 compensation and said it would be in by 27th (like everyone else).

However hes received another call today to say the person he spoke to yesterday was wrong, he isn't eligible for the switch incentive because he didn't switch bank accounts and has no active DD's.

He did switch an account, but there were no DD's (I cant find the post now and haven't got the paperwork to hand but i'm sure this wasn't a requirement?)

They've told him he has to e-mail in proof that he requested an account switch and that his old account is closed. We can supply the latter as we have a letter from the old bank and have letters confirming the switch from them but seems silly they cant access this information themselves?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brodiebobs wrote: »

After reading comments here he filled in the complaints form on Tues night and yesterday someone called him and apologised, offered £20 compensation and said it would be in by 27th (like everyone else).

However hes received another call today to say the person he spoke to yesterday was wrong, he isn't eligible for the switch incentive because he didn't switch bank accounts and has no active DD's.

He did switch an account, but there were no DD's (I cant find the post now and haven't got the paperwork to hand but i'm sure this wasn't a requirement?)

They've told him he has to e-mail in proof that he requested an account switch and that his old account is closed. We can supply the latter as we have a letter from the old bank and have letters confirming the switch from them but seems silly they cant access this information themselves?

You can find the terms at the start of this thread.

He got the name of this NW prankster to include in another complaint?
  • Dan_85
    Options
    Didn't receive my bonus on the 13th, filed a complaint.

Phone call yesterday apologising for the delay, said I was eligible and would receive by 27th. Another call today saying actually I only completed "80%" of the criteria and that I didn't log into online banking before 16th march, which is completely false and I of course questioned it. Lady asked if I had completed any transactions when I logged in, did I transfer any money or pay any bills etc. I told her no, that was not one of the stipulated requirements.

Anyway, she claimed the £125 will be paid to me by close of play tomorrow. Let's wait and see...
  • Brodiebobs
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    You can find the terms at the start of this thread.

He got the name of this NW prankster to include in another complaint?

She was helpful enough to provide it in an e-mail asking for the information. I might tell him to just reply with the T&C's!
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Here is the T&C's of the switching offer, no mention of DD, so you can use this link to aid your complaint.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Brodiebobs
    edited 19 April 2018 at 3:28PM
    Options
    Thanks.

He replied stating all of above and she has come back saying although it wasn't a requirement of the switch a DD would prove the account had been switched from another banking provider so she wanted a screen shot showing this!? but 'as a good will gesture' they will accept a copy of the letter from them showing that the switch is complete.

I'm 95% certain we have this, we definitely had texts/e-mails but don't know if they were saved. Have to check when home.

Don't know why they're being so awkward?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    she has come back saying although it wasn't a requirement of the switch a DD would prove the account had been switched from another banking provider
    A DD would be proof that a switch has taken place? ROTFLMAO.

Hope you are sorted now.
  • p07747
    p07747 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 19 April 2018 at 9:05PM
    Options
    i open 2 accounts and switched to them both got 125.00 for account 1 on 17th and got payment for account 2 on the 18th,:rotfl::rotfl::j:j

has anybody else open more than one account in there name and how did you get one receiving incentive
  • gazapc
    gazapc Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    Existing customer. Paid 125 quid today. Also received my HSBC bonus so a great couple of days.
  • phil09
    phil09 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Met all the criteria, existing customer, but didn't get the £125 paid by the 13th.
    I complained using the NatWest online complaint form on the 18th, no response yet but I received the £125 switch incentive on the 19th.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure