What are you making for dinner?

edited 3 May 2020 at 12:05AM in Old style MoneySaving
11.7K replies 706.2K views

Replies

• C_JC_J Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That tofu recipe looks delicious, but 5 tbsp coarsely crushed black peppercorns! That sounds a lot (and expensive). Did you put that much in, @goldfinches?
  • edited 6 July at 11:18PM
    kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    edited 6 July at 11:18PM
    Blue cheese, pear and walnut salad with a jacket spud (reheated from the freezer) topped with sour cream, chives from the garden and cheese.

Except I forgot to take a photo...so here's the same salad from the other night with an M&S posh dog...with a piece missing as I forgot to take a photo before tucking in  :D

Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    C_J said:
    That tofu recipe looks delicious, but 5 tbsp coarsely crushed black peppercorns! That sounds a lot (and expensive). Did you put that much in, @goldfinches?
    I completely forgot to say that I really don't care for black pepper so omitted it entirely, sorry for confusing you.  The amount looks lethal doesn't it and made my eyes open wide when I first read through the recipe, intriguing too, wonder whether you can taste any of the other ingredients at all. 

Politics
    , n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.
    The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
    from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce

Mice killed this week: 5 since Sunday using elderly supermarket cheddar and stale bread crust
  • edited 6 July at 11:13PM
    goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 6 July at 11:13PM
    greenbee said:
    @goldfinches - your class sounds fabulous. Can you share details? 
    I forgot to say that I will ask the tutor tomorrow evening as I cannot find the page for it on the college website so watch this space and apologies for not having replied earlier to your query.

Politics
    , n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.
    The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
    from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce

Mice killed this week: 5 since Sunday using elderly supermarket cheddar and stale bread crust
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I will use up the opened pack of wraps that are in the fridge - with chicken and salad for dinner today.
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • russetredrussetred Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Beef enchiladas with guacamole.  Olio freebies wraps, mince, onions, garlic and Greek yoghurt, 75% Aldi reductions on avocadoes and tomatoes,15p Tesco pack of chopped toms with basil and grated cheese and HG chillies should work out about £1 to feed 4.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Forumite
    expensive noodles from Waitrose - some italian brand £3.50 for a 250g pack but I had a £1.50 off voucher and they are so good we use half as much as we do of others.  just served with pesto.

So having been veg last night I'm campaigning for steak tonight.  Got 2 big honkers from Lidl in the fridge.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    C_J said:
    Using up bits and bobs to make a chicken, veg and noodle stir fry tonight. I picked up loads of Hello Fresh sauce sachets (ketjap manis, sriracha, teriyaki, soy sauce and harissa) from the community fridge last week so it will be seasoned with an assortment of those!
    This made a huuuge wok-full last night so we are finishing it off tonight.
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Prawn pasta for the troops, cheese and seed crackers for me 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • SmooshSmoosh Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Forumite
    I'm making pizzas using wraps as the bases. Sauce will be made using tomatoes (olio freebie), tomato puree, mixed herbs and BBQ sauce. Topped with mixed grated cheese, tomatoes for me, and mushroom and pancetta for OH.

Followed by warm chocolate praline cookies topped with banana (olio freebie), chocolate and vanilla ice cream and melted chocolate spread.