What are you making for dinner?

edited 3 May 2020 at 12:05AM in Old Style MoneySaving
11.2K replies 676.1K views

Replies

• BrieBrie Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had M7S version of kfc last night with chips but I also had a salad with iceberg, peppers and tomatoes to slow my chip consumption.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • worrywart_3worrywart_3 Forumite
    477 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Spinach and ricotta canelloni tonight 
  • happydenialhappydenial Forumite
    423 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Husband is out, kids had leftover chicken fajitas and I had a jacket potato - job done 👍
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheeseboard tonight, making non grain seed crackers, lots of pickled veg and saucisson to go with it, and maybe a glass or 2 of port or red 🍷
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out out last night for DH birthday dinner. Went to a local Indian which was very nice although chuck in a couple of after dinner cocktails and I think we spent more on drink than food  :D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

423 Posts
    ✭✭
    Scary how that happens @kerri_gt 😆

I'm out for dinner with the girls tonight, so got DH and the kids an M&S pizza meal deal - two pizzas, garlic dough balls and Mac n cheese bites for £10 (hopefully they can manage to stick in the oven themselves 😉).
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scary how that happens @kerri_gt 😆

I'm out for dinner with the girls tonight, so got DH and the kids an M&S pizza meal deal - two pizzas, garlic dough balls and Mac n cheese bites for £10 (hopefully they can manage to stick in the oven themselves 😉).
    It was also scary for the table across from us who they tried to give our bill to...DH heard the guy saying 'we didn't order two Espresso Martini's...' ...then looked across at our two empty glasses with coffee beans in the bottom 🤣🤣
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kerrie_gt glad you had a lovely meal, bit tight of other table not to pay your bill though 🤣🤣

I’m making one of my favourite meals today, Duck confit with celeriac dauphinois and spiced red cabbage, a proper indulgence, the duck was bought for New Year dinner, but to to illness, wasn’t used. 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kerrie_gt glad you had a lovely meal, bit tight of other table not to pay your bill though 🤣🤣

I’m making one of my favourite meals today, Duck confit with celeriac dauphinois and spiced red cabbage, a proper indulgence, the duck was bought for New Year dinner, but to to illness, wasn’t used. 
    I know, had we known they weren't going to pay we wouldn't have ordered a second round of cocktails  :D

Last night was HM pizza, dough and sauce were already in the freezer so just a case of defrosting and assembly.  Honestly don't know why i stopped making pizzas so long ago, really so easy, and much cheaper than store bought. 

Chicken breast for me tonight with the last / other half of xmas sauce. Just picked up a bag of olio goodies so may have that with some broccoli.

I also have 4 packs of goats cheese thanks to olio...goats cheese pizza anyone 🙂
    JAN NSD 11/16

423 Posts
    ✭✭
    Got family coming over later, so making The Hairy Bikers sausage casserole (had 10 sausages in the fridge bb today!), with crusty bread, rice, broccoli and cauliflower.