What are you making for dinner?

edited 3 May 2020 at 12:05AM in Old style MoneySaving
11.7K replies 706.4K views

Replies

• kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Omelette with some ham, spinach and the last mushroom. Oh and some cheese. Fully loaded omelette.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I think I may regret this tomorrow, but using up a large bag of scampi I bought as a quick meal for Christmas when the family were over, but not used and taking up valuable freezer space. Will be the most carbs I’ve had in months 🥴 I’ll add a few peas and chips to DH’s plate, and I’ll make some tartare sauce 😋
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There will be meatballs and spaghetti for tea tonight. I made the sauce earlier from tomatoes and bits from the fridge.

Made a trifle for pudding! 
  • I've put some potatoes in oven for easy tea of jacket spuds. Fillings any combination of grated cheese, tuna, baked beans, left over beef bolognese. That'll do.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • JILJIL Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Vegan hotdogs with onions and tomato sauce.
    Husband had fish and chips done in actifry. 
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Last night i made some pasta with hm tomato sauce. I also scraped out the filling of a roasted veg wrap from Olio that had been lingering in the fridge past it's date. Wow...less than a tablespoon of filling the rest was all wrap...and the wrap was supposed to have been about £2.50!!! Daylight robbery.

Thinking about HM pizza tonight although OH had a vegan pizza last night 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    We’ve got grandson staying tonight, so mum and dad can go out for his birthday.

grandson loves a Chinese, so that’s what we’ll have 😋
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • JILJIL Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I'm about to head out to get some bits, we will have lunch at our favourite deli cafe and I will pick up some ready meal curry for dinner from sainsbury's. 
    A no cooking day. 😊
  • London_1London_1 Forumite
    558 Posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    taken a couple of lamb chops from the freezer this morning plus some mashed potato and will steam some cabbage and carrots to go with it for dinner tonight Still eating from the frezzer and fridge and existing stocks 
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Steak and chips tonight and I'm annoyed with myself as I forgot to phone for propane!  I could try to go out and do a tank swap but there's no room in the car as it's filled with stuff to drop off at a charity shop (or the dump - I'm beginning to wonder if it's all sell worthy...)

And I've got to stop at M7S to return stuff bought in the sale - I'll go to the local foodhall one as the big store is in the middle of the world's worst shopping centre (seriously, impossible to get in and the car park falling apart after less than 10 years due to illegal construction work)  But the point is that if I'm at the food hall I might find something lovely to snack on (except I'm on a diet....)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”