Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond! - Page 299

New Post Advanced Search

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

edited 8 May 2018 at 10:26AM in Old Style MoneySaving
4.2K replies 610.7K views

Replies

• dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I got a BNWT Joules off the shoulder top, pink and white stripes and embroidered sleeves, the CS originally had it at £6 but it was on the sale rail for £2 (nothing in between), it's a 10 but it looked roomy and it fits me just fine. Also got a White Stuff modal vest, super soft, charcoal grey, muscle back style with teal top stitching £1 (they originally wanted £4.75), I will wear this for running. A pair of Next pale stone colour chinos £3.99 and a pair of M&S high waisted straight leg jeans £3.99. Lastly a bone china mug, white with black floral and bird design, footed style with a wide mouth £1.50, pricey but I really liked it and it is big.

I did see a couple of other really nice tops but at £4 and £5 they were too much considering how many I actually have.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I did see a couple of other really nice tops but at £4 and £5 they were too much considering how many I actually have.
    I'm really selective about what I buy nowadays too, Dolly.
    My wardrobes are groaning and although I keep dragging things out and trying them on hoping to make a little room, there's nothing that I want to let go. :(
  • bobsa1bobsa1 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    On the very topic of wardrobes groaning yesterday I took full advantage of ebays £1 max selling fee and listed nearly 50 items of clothing and bits that I have bought as a bit of a risk or flight of fancy that haven’t paid off! At the age of 50 I’m having to reconcile myself to sticking with styles I’m comfortable with. Anyway after spending most of the day at it with dd15 as my camerawoman I have already sold 6 items and have over £100 in PayPal. I totted up the possible final total (I’ve listed as buy it now) and horrifyingly it’s nearly £1000! Now I don’t think all will sell and obviously it’s a faff but I am feeling a little better about some of these purchases now they are going to new homes
  • Owain_MoneysaverOwain_Moneysaver Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    listed nearly 50 items of clothing ... it’s nearly £1000!

which you can then spend in the charity shops ...
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • klew356klew356 Forumite
    788 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    which you can then spend in the charity shops ...

wow i thought i did well with the sale of some dresses on ebay ha
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pollycat - I'm the same, the only reason I'm not wearing the things in my wardrobe is I don't get chance, not because I don't want to wear them.

Yesterday I got DS a Vans t shirt, it is burgundy with the logo in black, looks barely worn, it is a mans size small and fits him (age 13) really well - £3.49, I got DH a brand new Rohan t shirt, sage green with a print across the chest £3.50 and I got a pair of F&F wide leg summer trousers, black with ditsy floral print in orange, green and white £1.49.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two metres of vintage barkcloth-type fabric for £2. Underwhelmed? So is DH, but similar stuff is around £15 -20 online in the fancy retro sewing shops ��

A shallow clear Pyrex dish - deeper than a casserole lid- to replace the one I dropped, £1.50. I have been waiting g for one to turn up for quite a time!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bewdley today

Salt Rock hoodie

Kidderminster Harriers polo shirt (my son’s team and he’ll be at the match tonight!)
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • ArtytartyArtytarty Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luxor4t, I'm not underwhelmed at all!
    Any thoughts as to what you might do with the fabric yet?
    Barkcloth is very cool right now amongst the mid century fans.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • MiróMiró Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was tempted by two items today....but talked myself out of buying them :A

First item was a Gucci vintage handbag on display in the Mind shop window and priced at £35. I don't know enough about Gucci bags to be able to tell if it was genuine or not and I didn't inspect it too closely in case I was tempted :o I do love a nice vintage bag tho and this was in dark brown embossed leather in a hobo sort of style. The leather felt gorgeous and the bag seemed very well made ......hmmmmm.

Second item was in the big Sue Ryder place...an M & S short black leather jacket priced at £15. Zipped up front and fitted back with hardly any wear (if at all) and lovely soft leather. Twas just so darned hot I couldn't he bovvered trying it on and didn't really 'need' it. Will probably be wafting by both shops again on Friday so may end up having a really good squiz if both items are still there. :p